Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-11-2006, 12:58 PM   #71
Pixie

I don't know if this is a bug like with the raft. I can't take the money off the table in the cantina. The chair seems to be in the way and I can't maneuver around it. When I try to get it I get a message that I can't reach it from there.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Anitek @ Oct 22 2005, 03:45 AM) [snapback]170823[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
The game is REALLY slow...anyone know why?
[/b]
Turn off the sound and music. That's how I solved this problem.
Pixie is offline                         Send a private message to Pixie
Old 30-03-2007, 11:01 PM   #72
Lonewolf1044

Send a message via ICQ to Lonewolf1044

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frodo @ Jul 4 2005, 03:36 PM) [snapback]127406[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Jul 4 2005, 03:06 PM

I'll start looking for that Phantom of the Opera game (if it's abandonware I'll try to put it up on these site soon).
It's an adventure game called Return Of The Phantom. According to HOTU it's ESA. :angry:

It's so frustrating. I have also been wanting this game for a long time, but I haven't seen it for sale anywhere - not in shops and not on eBay.
[/b]
I do have the game on floppy diaks and maybe on cd as well, but it is in storage.
Old 31-03-2007, 06:17 AM   #73
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

OK, I've read some of the complaints I didn't reply to earlier...

Picking up the raft - you need to walk toward it - for walking I suggest you use the keyboard, since the mouse point'n'click doesn't seem to do the job accuratelly.

As for the speed of the game, you can always speed it up in DOSBox (turn the cycles up with CTRL+F12), but there should be no need for it - and you don't have to turn any sounds off.

As for the Return of the Phantom - that's a different game and it's also on the main site: Return of the Phantom
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 05-04-2007, 06:31 PM   #74
EDroW
Unhappy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(A. J. Raffles @ Jul 2 2005, 10:06 AM) [snapback]126601[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I think somebody just meant to troll there, Stroggy...

Anyway, it's just a game. If the inadequate portrayal of Brazil really upsets you so much, erm, 'Guest', just don't play it.
[/b]
EDroWMasteR

[EN] Yeah... The game is good, but Brasil is not only a jungle. and we speak PORTUGUESE, noto spanish, like some in-game advices. aheuahueuh. ya

[BR] É.. O jogo é muito bom, mas o Brasil não é só uma selva. E nós falamos PORTUGUÊS, não espanhol, como em algumas placas do jogo

EDroWMasteR

Old 20-04-2007, 12:24 AM   #75

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CygNuS @ Jul 1 2005, 04:21 PM) [snapback]126329[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Jul 1 2005, 04:07 PM
This is ridiculous. The screenshots shows words in spanish! Amazon is located in Brazil, and we don't speak spanish here. It's portuguese. You guys should have a minimum respect for brazilians. And you think you are so smart! Doesn't even know spanish is not the language of Brazil.

Sorry for these rude words, but I consider this an act of great disrespect with my people.
:blink: :blink:

What can the reviewers do about that then?? It's not their fault, it's the fault of the game developers.

djeez,
I don't hear any Belgians complain that Belgian (original) fries are (for some unknown reason) called French fries.

On topic:

I'm really gonna check out this game! Looks and sounds great
[/b]
The words in Spanish are from Mexico in the game. I think Mexicians speal Spanish, but fell free to get exalted... (I am Spanish, the "I think" is sarcasm).

:wallbash:

Old 20-04-2007, 10:39 AM   #76
Bastos

Did you known there exists a CD version of this game, which is about 300mb large, and includes speech.
I never saw a version on ebay though...

L8r!

Bastos
Bastos is offline                         Send a private message to Bastos
Old 20-04-2007, 04:12 PM   #77
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bastos @ Apr 20 2007, 12:39 PM) [snapback]287671[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Did you known there exists a CD version of this game, which is about 300mb large, and includes speech.
I never saw a version on ebay though...
[/b]
Wow, that would be a great addition for our ISO section if somebody could find it. Thanks for sharing - I'll start looking for it! k:
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 17-05-2008, 04:10 AM   #78
rana05
Lurker

Default Find this game

Is this game still available for d/l?
rana05 is offline                         Send a private message to rana05
Old 17-05-2008, 04:49 AM   #79
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

Yes here. Click the "get it" button.
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer
Old 29-05-2008, 09:32 PM   #80
derony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny View Post
The savegame has been added.

If any of you needed it, please post here if it worked all right. Would be nice to hear about. :angel:

Ronny
Where did you add it? I have the same problem on my computer.
derony is offline                         Send a private message to derony