Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-07-2006, 08:07 PM   #351
Roadkill
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mrdrofcrows @ Jun 13 2006, 03:02 PM) [snapback]236435[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Havell @ Sep 18 2004, 05:10 PM) [snapback]14131[/snapback]
Quote:
Damn, this is a good game! But one thing, how do you build shipyards? I have researched the technology to build them but they are not avaliblr to build in the display when you click on a tile on the planet.
[/b]
You build them in space!
[/b][/quote]

click on the spaces left of ur planet, that will allow u to have the 'build shipyard' option

one thing I really would wish for in this game is that you can send your ships to a certain galaxy without actually commanding the buggers each step of the way (it kinda gets old fast if u got more than 10 ships) I would like to click on a ship and say 'move to that galaxy because im a lazy Bas$%$^' and let the comp do the rest.

by the way - if you like this game check out Freelancer (on google.. its not an old game but well worth a look)
Roadkill is offline                         Send a private message to Roadkill
Old 12-07-2006, 10:34 PM   #352

I've been playing this game since it came out, a few suggestions for stretching the fun out.

1.) The handicap

This is a great AI equalizer, give yourself a 2 - 6 hundred day waiting period before you build your first structure (aka no science) depending on your ability. Obviously if you play a race like the Dubtaks, Chanchamines etc, this does jack as a handicap really. Try a weak race like the Abryls.

2.) Alternate victories

Conquer all the home systems, and ONLY the homesystems

3.) DON'T CHEAT
We all know this is an easy one. Don't stall enemy planetary attacks.

4.) The Reboot.

After you've dominated the galaxy, Abandon all planets other than your homeworld. On your homeworld abandon all structures other than your colony base. If you need to abadon it and recolonize it.

Fun tricks:

THE INVULNERABLE SHIP:

Build an enormous class ship, fill it with wave scatterers to the point that you have more shield bubbles than even a nano-twirlers can damage, nothing short of a disintigrator can take it out no matter how long a battle rages for.

Old 15-07-2006, 08:33 PM   #353
Roadkill
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 12 2006, 11:34 PM) [snapback]242997[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I've been playing this game since it came out, a few suggestions for stretching the fun out.

1.) The handicap

This is a great AI equalizer, give yourself a 2 - 6 hundred day waiting period before you build your first structure (aka no science) depending on your ability. Obviously if you play a race like the Dubtaks, Chanchamines etc, this does jack as a handicap really. Try a weak race like the Abryls.

2.) Alternate victories

Conquer all the home systems, and ONLY the homesystems

3.) DON'T CHEAT
We all know this is an easy one. Don't stall enemy planetary attacks.

4.) The Reboot.

After you've dominated the galaxy, Abandon all planets other than your homeworld. On your homeworld abandon all structures other than your colony base. If you need to abadon it and recolonize it.

Fun tricks:

THE INVULNERABLE SHIP:

Build an enormous class ship, fill it with wave scatterers to the point that you have more shield bubbles than even a nano-twirlers can damage, nothing short of a disintigrator can take it out no matter how long a battle rages for.
[/b]
LOL what a age battle, thnx for the advice.

sent in my invunerable ship, had 1 crappy weapon onboard - a black hole maker thingumijig.

planetery defence wastes all its shots on my invuneraable ship then I go in for the invasion
Roadkill is offline                         Send a private message to Roadkill
Old 27-07-2006, 11:33 AM   #354
Guest_joe_*

hi, this game is one of greatest, and i find that logic facktory works on ascendancy2 but for a year or two
their web pages are same.
Someone knows if ascendancy2 is definitely dead and even logicfacktory?

I cant find any other information about that.

Old 09-08-2006, 08:46 PM   #355

my mouse works very very slow...anyone know the problem??? plzzzzzzzz my email ***FIZZZZZZZLE!!!***

Old 10-08-2006, 12:25 PM   #356
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Use Dosbox.

And don't post e-mail adresses in open.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 19-08-2006, 05:18 AM   #357
blkebonics

How can I disable the *ping* that comes with left-clicking?

Old 19-08-2006, 10:46 AM   #358
dcash

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Aug 10 2006, 12:25 PM) [snapback]247735[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Use Dosbox.

And don't post e-mail adresses in open, bub.
[/b]
ok sorry... what dos box?

Old 19-08-2006, 02:50 PM   #359
Cockroach
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(blkebonics @ Aug 19 2006, 01:18 AM) [snapback]249569[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
How can I disable the *ping* that comes with left-clicking?
[/b]
Are you talking about the ingame sound effects? Only way I know is to turn off sound completely...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dcash @ Aug 19 2006, 06:46 AM) [snapback]249592[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Aug 10 2006, 12:25 PM) [snapback]247735[/snapback]
Quote:
Use Dosbox.

And don't post e-mail adresses in open, bub.
[/b]
ok sorry... what dos box?
[/b][/quote]

It's a DOS emulator that allows you to run DOS games on other platforms.
Cockroach is offline                         Send a private message to Cockroach
Old 20-08-2006, 10:20 AM   #360
watcher1307

WOW! I must say that I've been playing this game for many years now. I remember having it on my 486. All I can say is that I can still sit down and start a small, quick game, and have it be over in a few short hours. Then again, I can start a huge, drawn-out game, and have it last for days, if not weeks. Every move and every building is carefully considered before a decision is made.
I love this game! I've loved this game since it came out. I can never seem to get better then 25% as far as the end is concerned though. I'm going to keep working on it though.
I hope that "The Logic Factory" comes out with another great game soon.