Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-09-2005, 07:49 PM   #21
Aristharus
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to Aristharus

Quote:
I think in Finnish there's only one pronoun which can mean "he" or "she", so I suppose that would be the explanation.
Yep, there's only one. It's a very easy mistake to make if you don't actively think of what you're writing. I didn't even notice anything strange in TheChosen's post at first.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:58 PM   #22
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

I agree with Sebatianos, that could be the case. Sebatianos was not harsh or anything, just realistic.

As for my advice, go for it and ask her out. Nothing more, don't tell her you like her or anything, just ask her out. If she accepts, good, if she doesn't good too. It will help you finish with the matter quickly, one way or another. The longer you don't speak to her the longer you are going to suffer. Also the more time you waste, the more time she has to find someone else. Don't waste your time. Also, you don't want to spend the rest of your life wondering what could happen if you talked to her, you would regret it.
And yes I am talking through personal experience.
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 12-09-2005, 09:25 PM   #23
Himmler
Trollmaster General

OK...another thing came to my mind..have guts with a little alcohol...it works like a charm k: or go get some nerd and say it in her face..yeah..most likely she will reject you...but i think it's better than to stay with her locked in your mind fantasising about the possibilities.
Himmler is offline                         Send a private message to Himmler
Old 12-09-2005, 09:31 PM   #24
Urbanraven
Super Freak

Quote:
Originally posted by RedHeadSebbe@Sep 12 2005, 04:18 PM
Im in love with a girl :wub: , but i don´t have the guts to tell her...
awwwww cute!

I had that same problem...and i asked the guy i liked if he would go steady with me ..but umm he said that not yet he wants to go out with me more and then we'll see..but he told that he likes me too..

so what im trying to say is that go for it! ask her out for a date or for a walk :P
Urbanraven is offline                         Send a private message to Urbanraven
Old 12-09-2005, 09:31 PM   #25
Fruit Pie Jones
Now 50% Descriptivist!

Quote:
Originally posted by Himmler@Sep 12 2005, 12:30 PM
i was about to tell you my solution but i've changed my mind...
Himmler? Solution? Methinks it best not to ask.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:37 PM   #26
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Himmler@Sep 12 2005, 11:25 PM
OK...another thing came to my mind..have guts with a little alcohol...it works like a charm k: or go get some nerd and say it in her face..yeah..most likely she will reject you...but i think it's better than to stay with her locked in your mind fantasising about the possibilities.
Hey, my very first one, back when I was 15, I turned around during Economics class and told her straight in her face. I don't remember it, but she seems to, and she said I stood a chance for a whole week, as she was more than charmed by my honesty. Didn't notice that chance to get steady with her during that week, and after that, she grew tired of waiting. I still think it beats whalming boozebreath in her face while doddling how you just looooooooooove her and trying to keep your spit in. I honestly doubt "getting guts with alcohol" is a good way to go.
Kon-Tiki is offline                         Send a private message to Kon-Tiki
Old 12-09-2005, 09:41 PM   #27
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Fruit Pie Jones+Sep 12 2005, 10:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Fruit Pie Jones @ Sep 12 2005, 10:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Himmler@Sep 12 2005, 12:30 PM
i was about to tell you my solution but i've changed my mind...
Himmler? Solution? Methinks it best not to ask. [/b][/quote]
Is it Final? :P
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 12-09-2005, 09:50 PM   #28
Aristharus
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to Aristharus

Quote:
Originally posted by Kon-Tiki@Sep 12 2005, 11:37 PM
I honestly doubt "getting guts with alcohol" is a good way to go.
Quote:
have guts with a little alcohol...it works like a charm
It surely gives you the guts!

And seriously, I think a very little amount, you know, one that makes you maybe a bit more talkative but not too much and that doesn't show any other consequences might help a little, but it's risky. It's hard to notice that small change, and you probably think you haven't drunk enough. And after that, you've drunk too much. And she might smell it, which isn't good.

So yeah, it's difficult and risky, so I wouldn't recommend it.

Also, sending the message via another person probably isn't a good idea. I'm sure it does make a better impression if you say it yourself. I think efthimios' idea is simple and good:
Quote:
As for my advice, go for it and ask her out. Nothing more, don't tell her you like her or anything, just ask her out.
There's nothing bad in that and you probably can't blow it. If she refuses, it's pretty likely she would have done that anyway, no matter what you had done.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:24 PM   #29
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Here's a little something.
If you're younger (12-14) it probably won't work telling it to someone's face. At that age most people are in the "awkward stage". So they'll probably have a more subtle and, for lack of a better word, repulsive response. When you're older, you can most likely say it to a woman without having to worry, at this point they're probably mature enough to accept it and prefer your honesty.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 12-09-2005, 10:29 PM   #30
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

I think he said he is 16 and the girl is 18.

Anyway, I disagree about the 12-14 advice you give. Many girls that I used to know when they were 14 they had already lost their virginity.
Don't go for subtle, you will be wasting your time and hers. Someone more direct will get her before you wake up.
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios