Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone > Mêlée Island
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-09-2008, 10:33 AM   #81
tzutzy

It was the initial losses against The5thHorseman that lead me to appreciate the HE, because I was missing my shots all the time. All my gunners have got max firing accuracy, have got two handed weapons (usually good accuracy ones), have got nothing in their other hand and they crouch. Can't get more accuracy than this and I still missed a couple of important shots that really mattered.

I maxed my troops in shooting accuracy, then TUs, then health. Kept energy to minimum that's why my men stop in the middle of the action all the time . Now I'm still maxed in accuracy but devote more attention to health instead of TUs.

I actually had 2 men commit suicide in my tournament game. Oh well, some weapons have got their upsides and downsides...

Not to worry... I'm down to plasma/mutons now, gotta try it (was a killing combination in those 2 open games), then move along to something new...:nuts:

Last edited by tzutzy; 09-09-2008 at 10:38 AM.
tzutzy is offline                         Send a private message to tzutzy
Old 09-09-2008, 12:54 PM   #82
patrone

Guys I tried some stuff with HE. I had a lot of problems with "Nontech" cause hes using high armoured troops. Once I hit him directly with a missile and he survived. They nearly survived everything! (flying armour) So I decided to make some tests. It seems that a direct hit from an exploding weapon does less damage than the explosion himself. An Ethereal even survived a direct hit from an autocannon with HE only lossing about 10 armour points, but 3 guys standing directly beside him died!!! So HE ammo is very important (rocket or autocannon depends on way of playing) but u need at least one guy who can blow up the battlefield.
Now the point why Explosion are usefull: normaly a weapon does damage equal to the weapon stats given (first deducting it from the armour), but sometimes theres some additional damage. The way my experiments ended show that the blast do extra damage more often!!!
P.S.1 When does the stats get updated (im still not in the league list...)
P.S.2 thanks tutzy, now im fine with making the screenshots
patrone is offline                         Send a private message to patrone
Old 09-09-2008, 01:14 PM   #83
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Sorry. I updated the stats partially (still a few matches left to add), but didn't notice your registration. !

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 09-09-2008, 01:33 PM   #84
patrone

didnt notice my registration hrmpf... ok, now the funny stuff: just played a game against SuperMooDuck and he quit after the second turn, cause he had lost already 4 out of 6 men kinda sucks when players cant accept their fate
Old 09-09-2008, 02:32 PM   #85
Intri

I've won with K02. Attached file should work but can guarrant it.
Attached Images
File Type: png winning-AB-K02.PNG (55.3 KB, 7 views)
Intri is offline                         Send a private message to Intri
Old 09-09-2008, 03:14 PM   #86
K02

Won open against Marillion (quite sure he is not in the league)
I was in a tight spot but he blew himself up (I think)
if anyone cares to explain... replay as attachment
Had to zip to attach...
Intri massacred me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg YouWin6.jpg (83.0 KB, 5 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip 7th odd.zip (178.2 KB, 2 views)
K02 is offline                         Send a private message to K02
Old 09-09-2008, 04:54 PM   #87
Intri

Quote:
Originally Posted by K02 View Post
Intri massacred me
Well...It could be massacre if you wouldn't be able to kill any of my units
With 3 kills it is quite nice score.

I Won match with patrone - it was fight to last soldier almost (won 2:0).
Attached Images
File Type: png winning-patrone.PNG (62.0 KB, 5 views)
Intri is offline                         Send a private message to Intri
Old 09-09-2008, 09:23 PM   #88
tzutzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrone View Post
Guys I tried some stuff with HE. I had a lot of problems with "Nontech" cause hes using high armoured troops. Once I hit him directly with a missile and he survived. They nearly survived everything! (flying armour) So I decided to make some tests. It seems that a direct hit from an exploding weapon does less damage than the explosion himself. An Ethereal even survived a direct hit from an autocannon with HE only lossing about 10 armour points, but 3 guys standing directly beside him died!!! So HE ammo is very important (rocket or autocannon depends on way of playing) but u need at least one guy who can blow up the battlefield.
Now the point why Explosion are usefull: normaly a weapon does damage equal to the weapon stats given (first deducting it from the armour), but sometimes theres some additional damage. The way my experiments ended show that the blast do extra damage more often!!!
P.S.2 thanks tutzy, now im fine with making the screenshots
I had the same problem against high armour flying troops. They survived everything, even the big HE rocket with 120 damage. The problem when fighting against flyers is that HE and AP are the same because if you miss the HE shot, it won't bounce on anything so the explosion will never go off, so in the end I think it's better to use AP against flyers. The problem there is you really need some good weapons and very good aiming to do it. Also you can't use grenades on flyers.
tzutzy is offline                         Send a private message to tzutzy
Old 09-09-2008, 10:20 PM   #89
patrone

actually it is possible. u have to be in a higher position (floater with rocket launcher ) and shoot down. so if u even miss slightly u hit the ground ( or just aim for it, even better). there are buildings nearly everywhere and the point is that even when a flyer is 1-2 levels beyound ground level the explosion hits him ( explosion goes up as well!!!) and thats the clue! I checked that, but im always forgetting about it during the fights and still aim directly :/
Old 09-09-2008, 10:23 PM   #90
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzutzy View Post
I had the same problem against high armour flying troops. They survived everything, even the big HE rocket with 120 damage. The problem when fighting against flyers is that HE and AP are the same because if you miss the HE shot, it won't bounce on anything so the explosion will never go off, so in the end I think it's better to use AP against flyers. The problem there is you really need some good weapons and very good aiming to do it. Also you can't use grenades on flyers.
They are easy to down. Thing is, armor don't work like in UFO. Armor is cumulative in UFO 2000. As long as you keep hitting the same place (like front or rear) you'll go thru the armor quite quickly. Any guy with an auto setting will kill someone in a flying armor with an auto shot at blank range.