Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-08-2006, 09:38 PM   #461
brandon

Help me i tried to run this game even in dosbox it wolnt work i can get to the char selection screen, when i pick it kicks me back to the command prompt help me please thx in advance

Old 08-08-2006, 05:49 PM   #462

Nevermind i had the same problem the other person had earlier in the fourms, it just started working for no reason at all k: time to whip some behind

Old 13-08-2006, 12:03 PM   #463
uk_john2005
Forum hobbit

It's 110 megs, but if you want the full game, it's at Home of the Underdogs:

http://www.the-underdogs.info/game.php?gameid=1324

Enjoy!
uk_john2005 is offline                         Send a private message to uk_john2005
Old 14-08-2006, 01:26 PM   #464
Yalla-Johnny

That big-version of Lands of Lore from the underdogs........... have anyone tried it yet???
Is it easy to install and play, because ive tried to download the other big version of L.O.L., who somebody trew a link to in this thread.
Have anyone tried this one? is it easy to run?? How do you make it play??

Old 14-08-2006, 03:23 PM   #465

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(uk_john2005 @ Aug 13 2006, 12:03 PM) [snapback]248309[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
It's 110 megs, but if you want the full game, it's at Home of the Underdogs:

http://www.the-underdogs.info/game.php?gameid=1324

Enjoy!
[/b]
I downloaded it, that's why I knew where the link was! LOL! I am playing it happily in dosbox in xp with no problems, just a regular setup for sound and away you go!

Old 15-08-2006, 01:07 AM   #466
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yalla-Johnny @ Aug 14 2006, 01:26 PM) [snapback]248557[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
That big-version of Lands of Lore from the underdogs........... have anyone tried it yet???[/b]
Yes, I have tried it last year.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yalla-Johnny @ Aug 14 2006, 01:26 PM) [snapback]248557[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Is it easy to install and play...[/b]
Assuming the archive is still the same with the one I downloaded and played last year, just use WinRAR to extract the files inside. Then open the first one, LOLCD.001 or something like that, with WinRAR once again, and do extract.

Quote:
How do you make it play??[/b]
Use DOSBox.
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi
Old 15-08-2006, 03:26 PM   #467
yalla-johnny
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rabadi @ Aug 15 2006, 01:07 AM) [snapback]248632[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yalla-Johnny @ Aug 14 2006, 01:26 PM) [snapback]248557[/snapback]
Quote:
That big-version of Lands of Lore from the underdogs........... have anyone tried it yet???[/b]
Yes, I have tried it last year.

Quote:
Is it easy to install and play...[/b]
Assuming the archive is still the same with the one I downloaded and played last year, just use WinRAR to extract the files inside. Then open the first one, LOLCD.001 or something like that, with WinRAR once again, and do extract.

Quote:
How do you make it play??[/b]
Use DOSBox.
[/b][/quote]
Thanks man k:
Then ill try it then.
This is a very cool game. Especially this CD-Version.

And then there is the game: have you also had the problem that in the final chapter, Scotias tower, that some of the animals constantly acided your armor???
When i played it first time, the monsters (especially that wheel-looking-clown with the big eye) acided and destroyed my best pieces of armor (and i forgot to save, because i am so dumb), so that in the final battle that red-haired man (Paulson i think) did not where any armor..... so the battlle was very hard.
But had any of you other also tried that really iritating problem????
(PS: Sorry for my poor typing-skills)

Old 15-08-2006, 06:52 PM   #468
uk_john2005
Forum hobbit

The answer is pretty much always the same. 'It works in DOSBox'. I also recommend you get a free front end for DOSBox called D-Fend. It set's up the mounting and soundcard, etc globally, which mean you only have to set it up once, you can set the cycles and skips, etc in D-Fend because you can set a profile for each game. Once the profile is set you double click on it and D_Fend calls DOSBox, gives it the paramenters and settings you have made in the D-Fend profile and starts the game. No setting the mounting over and over again and resetting the cycles. In D-Fend, just do it the once!

I have about 50 old DOS games listed in my D-Fend profile list. I couldn't even tell you what cycles, etc I have each game set up for. All I do is double click on the game, just like a shortcut and DOSBox opens, the game loads, the screen goes full screen and I have the game running at the cycles and setting I want without having to touch anything (other than the first time)!!!
uk_john2005 is offline                         Send a private message to uk_john2005
Old 16-08-2006, 12:59 AM   #469
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

Well that's interesting. I never use D-Fend, I just use the traditional DOSBox. Do you mean that in D-Fend, the program will be intelligent enough to raise or reduce cycles according to the game being played? I mean, if I want to play games like Lands of Lore and Anvil of Dawn, I will set the cycles to 8000. But when I played Ancient Land of Ys, the cycles needed to be reduced as low as 250, 'cause otherwise the game will be much too fast. With Albion, however, no amount of raising/reducing cycles really worked for me, it is unbearably slow. So, can D-Fend adjust that automatically?
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi
Old 16-08-2006, 09:49 PM   #470
Undertaker
Super Freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(yalla-johnny @ Aug 15 2006, 03:26 PM) [snapback]248714[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
But had any of you other also tried that really iritating problem????
[/b]
Not really. Just put your chest armor in your inventory and you should be fine. If you do lose your armor, let Baccata be the one without armor; he's in the middle of the guys, so he gets hit the least often. Generally, only monsters that take up an entire square (that would include Scotia) attack Baccata. Or just find some new armor. There are some to be found in the Dungeons and Castle Cimmeria.
Undertaker is offline                         Send a private message to Undertaker