Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-02-2009, 11:55 PM   #61
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

that's nice video man! woah my eyes are not fast enough for it, you apparently know what's the deal in the game

by the way, can i ask you, did you use the dosbox default recording thingy or you went for some other specific program? did you reencode the video after? because i tried uploading another video i made in dosbox and youtube totally screwed my encoding in which i saved it

Last edited by _r.u.s.s.; 09-02-2009 at 11:58 PM.
_r.u.s.s. is offline                         Send a private message to _r.u.s.s.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:37 PM   #62
Xzar

Thanks.
Still some faults in the run, for example, fireball missed and hit only 1 enemy, and so on.
It's possible finish in 9min. with my walkthrough.

Yes, i have used "dosbox-0.72", but recorded with "camstudio 2.0".
Didnt know yet, that dosbox has a record option.
And at least, encoded/convert with "TMPGEnc-2.524.63.181-Free" resp. "VirtualDub-MPEG2".

see ya

Last edited by Xzar; 11-02-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Xzar is offline                         Send a private message to Xzar
Old 10-02-2009, 06:31 PM   #63
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

YouTube never screwed a DOSBox 0.72 video for me. It has a mega library of codecs and reencodes the DOSBox one quite decent (even though the real pixel genuine thing is by far better).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzar View Post
This topic is back, good timing.
Swinging my hands and speaking in syllable style like the pope: You can post in this thread anytime you want.

That's nice of me, isn't it? :amused:
Old 12-02-2009, 02:28 PM   #64
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

it does support mega library of "codecs" but it always resizes/compresses videos very lame. though i don't blame them, with the ammount of videos it's kinda difficult to have processors for everything

anyways, thanks xzar
Old 29-03-2009, 10:50 PM   #65
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

It would be awesome, if JMB also got hold of the cluebooks to the other Goldbox games Such as Pools of Darkness and all the others.
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 30-03-2009, 12:25 AM   #66
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineDK View Post
It would be awesome, if JMB also got hold of the cluebooks to the other Goldbox games Such as Pools of Darkness and all the others.
Which of the gold box games are abandoned? As far as I know the only ones on site are the Krynn games. By the way, the links to the clue books for those games don't seem to work. I have the clue book for Curse of the Azure Bonds but that might be all. I'll check.
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer
Old 30-03-2009, 01:56 AM   #67
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
Which of the gold box games are abandoned? As far as I know the only ones on site are the Krynn games. By the way, the links to the clue books for those games don't seem to work. I have the clue book for Curse of the Azure Bonds but that might be all. I'll check.
Hmmm Sir, there is a private tracker known as underground-gamer.com (where I am banned because I screwed them over with faking the upload for kicks) where there is a 3 part torrent with all clue books to all SSI RPG´s .
And there are also cluebooks for ALOT of SSI AD&D games. I am not proud of screwing them over for faking the upload, but when you consider that there upload speeds were a joke (1+ kbits at max most of the time) then you feel it sucks. But Sadly I had to delete the torrent and a load of other great SSI things, because I got a virus that was close to screwing me over then you delete and scan the heck out of your pc like I did.
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 30-03-2009, 02:09 AM   #68
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

I believe that most, if not all, the SSI AD&D games had clue books for sale. I was only stating that you won't find them here unless the game itself is on the site. I honestly do not know what the abandonware status of those games are to know whether they qualify.
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer
Old 30-03-2009, 04:45 AM   #69
red_avatar
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luchsen View Post
YouTube never screwed a DOSBox 0.72 video for me. It has a mega library of codecs and reencodes the DOSBox one quite decent (even though the real pixel genuine thing is by far better).
Dosbox is really great for uploading vids like that. It's very easy to record what you want and once you've done that, Youtube will have it online in no time.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 29-04-2009, 07:12 PM   #70
Subcommander_TPol
Default Cant enter words when copy protection came... :(

Hi there.

EOB was one of the first games I played, and it was a great adventure... For now (after a cupple of years, more than a decade... ) I use it via Linux in a DOSBox. But when the copy protection ask me a word, Im not able to enter any kind of word. The problem is that the game doesnt recognize any key pressing. It seems to be stopped completely... What Im doing wrong? Is there some special DOSBox+Linux Issue???

Im glad for any kind of hint to fix this problem.