Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-08-2007, 10:16 PM   #61
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Sorry guys, but just had to bump this one!
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 08-08-2007, 11:01 PM   #62
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Greatly appreciated, that bump. I found "Werewolf In A Girls Dormitory" there. I had it, but I lost it and couldn't find it again, until now. Great site
Old 08-08-2007, 11:07 PM   #63
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

And since the site was first mentioned here, some great movies have been added - like Trinity is still my name (with Terence Hill and Bud Spencer).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 08-08-2007, 11:36 PM   #64
strider2

I bet you might not have this, "The Fool of the World and the flying ship" It was an old clay animation. If I find it I will add it, not a bad movie.
strider2 is offline                         Send a private message to strider2
Old 08-08-2007, 11:42 PM   #65
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

That site is just incredible: I found Les Vampires from 1915, and with these Frankenstein and Wizard Of Oz movies from 1910 I found on Veoh, I'm a _very_ happy fellow!
Old 08-08-2007, 11:52 PM   #66
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(strider @ Aug 9 2007, 01:36 AM) [snapback]303741[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
"The Fool of the World and the flying ship" It was an old clay animation. If I find it I will add it, not a bad movie.
[/b]
Sorry, never hear of it, but for great clay animation movies check ou THE LOST WORLD (based on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's book).
Old 09-08-2007, 12:30 AM   #67
rlbell
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sebatianos @ Aug 8 2007, 11:52 PM) [snapback]303745[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(strider @ Aug 9 2007, 01:36 AM) [snapback]303741[/snapback]
Quote:
"The Fool of the World and the flying ship" It was an old clay animation. If I find it I will add it, not a bad movie.
[/b]
Sorry, never hear of it, but for great clay animation movies check ou THE LOST WORLD (based on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's book).
[/b][/quote]

It is a russian(?) version of one of the Baron Munchausen stories. The fool of the world (as he is called by his brothers) sets out to find a ship that flies, as the daughter of the Czar has refused to marry anyone; unless she is presented with a ship that flies. The fool encounters an old man who asks for even a crumb to eat. The fool admits that he probably has little more than a crust of bread in his small sack, but that the old man is welcome anything within. The old man pulls out a veritable banquet from the small sack, and the two share a hearty meal. After the meal, the fool explains why he is travelling, and then falls asleep. He awakes to find that the old man, a great wizard, has fashioned a flying ship for him out of snow and ice, but tells him that he must accept anyone who asks as a passenger. As he makes his way to the Czar's capital, he picks up an odd assortment of people with peculiar abilities. The thought of a peasant marrying his daughter so affronts the Czar, that he creates impossible demands for the fool and his companions to meet, but their singular abilities allow them overcome. The fool succeeds, because his kind heart inspires others to help him past his shortcomings.

It is a very well executed story and well worth the trouble of finding.
rlbell is offline                         Send a private message to rlbell
Old 09-08-2007, 12:44 AM   #68
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Seems reall interesting. At the moment I'm getting my hands on The Children Must Learn (a documentary of Apalachi families and home schooled children in US), I'll try and get The Fool of the World latter.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:19 AM   #69
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

This site is an awesome resource - I really recommend "Panorama Ephemera," which is a film made entirely from footage from the Prelinger archives (also hosted on the site) it's a witty, disturbing and sly look at America through it's own media.

My favourite scene is the old 50's footage telling citizens to paint their house and keep their garden tidy to protect it from a nuclear blast

If you don't already have a healthy distrust of of mass media, this will clinch it for you.

It also has all three parts of the awesome BBC documentary "The Power Of Nightmares" great stuff

It also has the Fleischman Studio's film version of Gulliver's Travels - What more could a girl want?!
Old 09-08-2007, 08:01 AM   #70
Morrin
Underground

Holy unholy star gods! Nosferatu! GIEV!
Morrin is offline                         Send a private message to Morrin