Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-08-2007, 05:52 AM   #1
Guest_Rust_Knight_*

Can anyone tell me please how can i make quest for glory 4 work with dos box because with windows xp, it doesn't really work too well, i searched the forum the sticky, and i didn't find anything regarding in how to make old games work with dos box, i am sorry if somewhere on the forum there is a tutorial and i missed it.

oh yea and the help from dos box is rather confusing so i was hoping a step by step in how to do it, my game folder is simply located on C in the folder S, so i guess this will be rather simple to explain

Old 01-08-2007, 08:09 AM   #2
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

A DOSBox guide can be found here
http://www.abandonia.com/forum/index...howtopic=14913
Please read it for additional info.

But ok, you have a folder on your C drive named S, and in this S folder, you have the DOS game. So:

The first thing you need to do, is to "mount" a virtual hdd. We shall give the mounted drive the letter C (this C drive is NOT your actual C drive.).
In the DOSBox configuration file, there is at the bottom a line saying something about autoexec. Below that line, type:
mount C C:\S
C:

That's it. Run DOSBox, and it will now treat your S folder as it's C hdd.
For your game zips: Just unzip all your DOS game zips into the S folder.
NOTE: Some games may run too fast or too slow. Use Ctrl + f11/f12 to slow down/up. Also: Keep the file/folder names in your S folder short. DOS/DOSBox don't like names with more than 8 characters. Some zips may come with longer names.