Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-07-2005, 09:34 PM   #91
Kyp

Hello. I play this game for a little while now and I've just arrived in India. Now the ennemies have time-bombs and, like someone sais before, after 3 or 4 explosions the game crashes. Did somebody knows how to fix that (other than looking elsewhere during the explosions). I run Syndicate under XP with VDM and it's too slow under DosBox (even when changing CPU cycles)

Please help me. :help: I love this game and I'd hate to stop it just because of these damn crash !

Old 08-07-2005, 10:28 AM   #92
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Well, I do hope someone will come up with a solution, but as far as I know none exists.
And even Dosbox doesn't help: the game ran fast enough through Dosbox, but the crashes still occured.
:angry:
Old 10-07-2005, 04:33 PM   #93
command.com

well, it crashes in winxp under dosbox....but if you have dual-boot (win98se as a second OS) it works perfectly. at least for me...

this game is awesome! i played it 12y ago, when it was just released on amiga 1200...i remember that i wasn't sleeping for days until i didn't finished it. and then it came mission disk...but that was *dirty word* heavy. great game k:
command.com is offline                         Send a private message to command.com
Old 15-07-2005, 06:51 AM   #94
justin

I found out I could dl it in this site..
haha
let me try...
This is the most awesome game ever!!

Old 15-07-2005, 06:53 AM   #95
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to Omuletzu Send a message via Yahoo to Omuletzu

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin@Jul 15 2005, 08:32 AM
Anyone know where I can dowload this game?
I will appreciate it.
sorry but this game is ESA protected.So you could try e-bay or some other store
Omuletzu is offline                         Send a private message to Omuletzu
Old 05-08-2005, 04:47 AM   #96
hipifreq

I was able to get Syndicate to run under DosBox in WinXP without crashing!

Here's what I can remember about what I did.

I set synd.bat to my DosBox soundblaster settings in order to get sound working. They're both set to IRQ:7 DMA:1 IO:220. DosBox cycles are set to 10000 and memory up to 128MB.

I do get one error when running synd.bat in DosBox, something about not enough extended memory, although XMS and EMS are on.

The game runs fast enough, but sound anywhere BUT the missions is stunted. As long as the game isn't stunted I'm happy!

I get the feeling that the crash problem is the memory settings. DosBox is set to 16MB by default, and is probably not enough for the game.

Old 05-08-2005, 08:41 AM   #97
Gamefreak

Actually, DosBox can only use max. 64MB of RAM, no matter how much higher you set it. So no 128MB.
And if I remember correctly, Syndicate only needs around 4MB RAM, after all the game came out in 1993.

Old 05-08-2005, 08:52 PM   #98
Christian
Abandonia nerd

YES!! I just found my original copy of the game which had been stored in the attic for some time. I got this game as a present in a "Classics"-box, which includes American Revolt, a couple of years after it was released. I didn't get very far because I didn't really understood how the game was played since I was only around 9-10 years old when I played it. But now... I'm going to finish it
Christian is offline                         Send a private message to Christian
Old 06-08-2005, 06:52 PM   #99
Christian
Abandonia nerd

I'm having a bit of trouble getting the game to work. When playing the game "au naturelle" in WinXP the time flows really fast in the world map. In Dosbox however, I can't save games! Help!
Christian is offline                         Send a private message to Christian
Old 06-08-2005, 08:51 PM   #100
Gamefreak

Mount in DosBox not like that:
mount c c:/games/syndicat (assuming that's where you have the game)

but like that:

mount c c:/
c:
cd games/syndicat

because the game saves the games in a different folder than where it's located.