Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-11-2008, 10:50 AM   #1
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default RAGE - When games attack

This is where you can vent if a game is making you cross.

For example -

Dear Deus Ex: Invisible War,

I am really trying to like you, really I am. Your older brother was wonderful, but you, you are just getting worse and worse.

I'm on Liberty Island and you're implying that I should now "go renegade." THANKS A LOT. After following all the threads of your weak and convoluted storyline you now just want me to kill everyone. Which actually sounds like a wonderful idea because none of your characters are personable or morally appealing. BUT NOW YOU WON'T GIVE ME ANY AMMO.

But you know what? Your port to the PC is so terrible that ammo is irrelevant because your mouse control is horrific - I might as well stand in front of people and shoot them in the face, your stupid controls will still find a way to make me miss.

Whatever, screw you. I'll just try and take down the entire illuminati with a god damned crowbar.

Love,
Me xoxo

P.S the only reason I haven't stopped playing you yet is because your big brother was so good. Call it retarded loyalty.

Last edited by Lulu_Jane; 04-11-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Lulu_Jane is offline                         Send a private message to Lulu_Jane
Old 04-11-2008, 10:55 AM   #2
Kugerfang
_r.u.s.s. changed it :'(

You don't need to go renegade. I never had any problems with the mouse on my PC. I never had any problems with the ammo too, I just used the poison knife and kept hitting people in the back of the head with the baton.

Here's a tip:
Kill or KO anyone with a gun in the game for extra ammo (except when it's not possible), and try to use NPCs to do your bidding. Don't buy anything from the Omar, just kill 'em all.

I can't recall any game that pissed me off. Except due to the fact that my PC won't run it.

-Terry Pratchett

Last edited by Kugerfang; 04-11-2008 at 11:02 AM.
Kugerfang is offline                         Send a private message to Kugerfang
Old 04-11-2008, 11:18 AM   #3
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Thank you for your advice Kuger

Tell you what though, I don't think this thread should be for devolving into discussions about what game is good or bad and why the other person is right or wrong or hints, unless someone asks for them I guess (and there's no game thread for it already).

It's just a place for venting. You know, like the millionth time you get to the castle only to find the Princess morph into Bowser or something.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:37 AM   #4
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

It took me several years to solve Monsters in my Pocket on the NES...
That was a HUGE rant from time to time...
Old 04-11-2008, 11:49 AM   #5
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Knytt Stories pisses me off all the time because all the user made levels are really difficult.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:52 AM   #6
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

I got halfway through Indy and the Last Crusade, and somehow got stuck on the upstairs floor of the chateau... It wouldn't let me go back down. And I hadn't saved since I got out of the catacombes... :wallbash:

:ranting:

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 05-01-2009, 03:55 PM   #7
Zainlong

DAMN YOU SUPER GHOULS AND GHOSTS.
I swear i've been playing this game on and off for 8 or 9 years,
And i still can't finish the level with the ships...
One day that game will fear me.
Zainlong is offline                         Send a private message to Zainlong
Old 26-02-2009, 02:21 AM   #8
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Alien v Predator 2 mulitplayer -

I HATE YOU.

You're a tease, that is all.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:42 PM   #9
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Oh yeah thread, I'm bumping you with my white hot fiery rage and righteous frustration.

Steam, and to a lesser extent, Valve. Yes. I'm talking to you. Every time I hand over my hard earned pennies to you, you just smile and give me the middle finger response.

Seriously, all I want to do is play the Half Life 2 episodes. Is that so hard? First you give me fatal engine errors, and even though my system specs are fine for you and my drivers are up to date (YES THEY ARE STOP SENDING ME MESSAGES SAYING THAT THEY AREN'T) you consistently crash 2 minutes into the intro. I even fiddle with the resolution settings like some poor bugger suggested (YES I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE STEAM) and that works... once.

So again, I do what you want, I re-install my drivers, I re-install DirectX (YES THAT WAS UP TO DATE TOO YOU BASTARD,) and then what do you do? You give me a BSOD. Twice. And then I gave up and thought that I'd rather play Splinter Cell. SPLINTER CELL. I hate Splinter Cell, but I hate it less than you.

It's over. Give me back my Nina Simone albums and you'll find your shirts and toothbrush in a bag on my front lawn. Also, I've changed the locks.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:20 AM   #10
ianfreddie07
wat

Dear ZhuXian Online,

Thank you for drawing my brothers into your convulted gameworld and corrupting them with your "bots are OK" policy. You took my freedom away, melted our videocard (had to buy a new one, better though), wasted our electricity, and made me and my dad unhappy. Now are you happy?

Cheers,
Ian