Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-09-2005, 11:51 AM   #1
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Ive always wanted to know more about you, so tell about yourself:

My name is Jesse Ojala. Im 15 years old. I live in finland. I got lots of hobbies, including old games,RPG(In many ways),writing,acting....
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 09-09-2005, 04:07 PM   #2
Kearnsy
Games Master

Hi all,
Im Ryan Kearns, 17 years old, live in Australia, play tennis, rugby, I like cooking, watchin sports and havin a chat to anyone who cares enough to listen...and dos games of course.
Well thats me,
Ta Ta for now! :bye:
Kearnsy is offline                         Send a private message to Kearnsy
Old 09-09-2005, 04:19 PM   #3
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

Raf Vermeulen, 20 years old (turning 21 in November), living in Belgium. Hobbies're playing and making computer games, reading, Scouts, hiking, working in the garden and doing stuff with friends (dunno how to describe that, and if I'd give examples, it'd get too long-winded) and general day-dreaming. Now you guys really know me, don't you :bleh:
Kon-Tiki is offline                         Send a private message to Kon-Tiki
Old 09-09-2005, 05:03 PM   #4
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Joseph Brereton, from the UK. I'm fifteen years old.

I'm into politics, women and gay rights (which is not paradoxical). I'm also into talking in forums, old games and online journalism.

There we are. I'm not into prejudice (especially irrational prejudice) as my name suggests.

*edits* Plus I get around 68 on the Goldberg test. Just so that everyone knows. I've done a fair few of them, so I know that it wasn't a one-off.

I also like Radiohead and The Specials just so that you know that too. If you wanted to, a lot of people have put stuff about music in there.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 09-09-2005, 05:46 PM   #5
swiss
who's not Swiss

now this is a cool topic ...

My name is Stephan, I am from Germany and I am working as production-technical leader of a prepress company (doing image databases, creative work, image adjustments, catalogue production and catalogue systems, web design, printing, etc.). My age is 25 (turning 26 in November).
My hobbies: computer stuff (image art, games, translations ) old game consoles (Pong, Sega, Atari, ...), techno events with Vodka RedBull , swimming, photography ...
My favourite place in the real world is: Scourie Beach in Scotland
My favourite place in the global village is : Abandonia (what else)
swiss is offline                         Send a private message to swiss
Old 09-09-2005, 07:39 PM   #6
Puffin
Abandonia Homie

I'm Freyja Sigur?ardóttir Thoroddsen, I'm 17 turning 18 in December. I live in Reykjavík, Iceland, but I come from a small town called Patreksfjör?ur. Now try and pronounce it.

I'm a salesman for Vodafone in Iceland, and I study languages at Hamrahlí? College, with main focus on English.
Puffin is offline                         Send a private message to Puffin
Old 09-09-2005, 08:05 PM   #7
allyfaucet
Abandonia nerd

I'm Ally Robinette and I live in sunny California in San Jose. I'm 18, and I just started going to college at a local community college. I'm an artist of sorts, and get all my musical appreciation and openness from Reamus k:

I like writing, eating good foods, creating, and designing, and I like going out and doing things spontaneously. :bye:
allyfaucet is offline                         Send a private message to allyfaucet
Old 09-09-2005, 10:54 PM   #8
Aristharus
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to Aristharus

Really can't think of much what wouldn't read in my profile. I play in a couple of bands, some a bit promising ones too. I've just finished the Finnish equivalent of senior high school, called a "lukio" in finnish and now I'm doing this thing called "siviilipalvelus" (would be translated as "civil service").

In Finland there is obligatory drafting. Practically every young man has to go to the military for 6-12 months. There is one alternative: siviilipalvelus, which means doing work for the government (in a civil service department or a school etc.) for 13 months getting almost no pay at all for it. Because you'd probably get out of the military in 6 months, the duration of siviilipalvelus is very long (and actually is concidered a punishment even by the UN, still they haven't done a thing about the law even though they could) but because of ethical reasons I'm ready to take the punishment.

Another "alternative" would be to refuse from doing the siviilipalvelus as well. Then you'd be thrown into prison for 6 months. Having a girlfriend etc. I'm not ready for that.

A fun fact: Amnesty International counts the people that refuse from it and are thrown in jail prisoners of conscience. Those are the only prisoners of conscience in the whole Europe by Amnesty International's concideration.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:03 PM   #9
taikara
Abandonia Homie

My name is Monica Schoenthaler, I'm 25, and I live in Florida, US. I work as a legal assistant at a small law firm, handling mostly real estate, property, and business law. I am an admin of our sister-site, Abandonia: Reloaded.

Interests include art, writing, games, and all things Japanese.

I love cats, llamas, and platypi. I think people mostly suck :P Of course, that's mostly due to my very bad experiences with them.

And like PrejudiceSucks, I'm rather active when it comes to gay rights.

taikara is offline                         Send a private message to taikara
Old 09-09-2005, 11:06 PM   #10
moogle
Abandonia Homie

I'm 13, live in the Silicon Valley of California, oh yes!!
Los gatos to be exact, fear our self inflating economy!!
Lotsa hobbys...prety much the usual stuff...
moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle