Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-04-2006, 02:40 AM   #1
Blake00
Abandonia nerd

Notes:
You can click on ANY picture to enlarge!
Pictures are from different beta versions so differences in interface and textures many be observed.
Some shots are pure eye candy shots where the interface is deliberately hidden so do not fear that there is none.
I've had to split my posts due to a images per post limit on this forum which unfortunately doesn't differentiate between big pictures and tiny heavily compressed pictures.
----------------------------------------

Hi guys..

That’s right the release of Heroes of Might & Magic 5 is getting closer & closer, and the Demo has just been released to the public!

I’ve have been a Heroes fan since 1996 when as a teenager I accidentally stumbled across a demo of Heroes 1 on PC Gamer CD and instantly fell in love with it! The idea ruling over beautiful castles (While developing them up), launching heroes out (that could level up & collect artifacts RPG style), control large armies (of beautiful fantasy creatures from all your favorite books & movies), and explore a large world (of dwellings, monsters, and other rival castles) just blew me away & everyone else I showed it to.

Since then I’ve collected every game plus its add-ons in the series. I enjoy playing many genres of games, First Person, RPGs, RT Strategy, & TB Strategy and have many favorites over the years but Heroes takes the crown. Never has a series of games caused so many sleepless nights with the old ‘just one more turn..’ mentality LOL!

For those of you who don’t know the unfortunate tail I’ll say it really briefly here. In 2001/2 when the rushed out Heroes 4 & its addons were released 3DO fell bankrupt taking Heroes creators New World Computing with them and it looked like all was over for the Heroes series. But then European company UbiSoft bought the Heroes name and in 2003 a Nival project leader made an unofficial announcement in a popular Heroes fan forum that work had begun on Heroes 5.

Since then Ubisoft/Nival have been pumping out all sorts of juicy hints & FAQs, and then finally pictures and game play video’s over the last year so I thought I’d drop by some of the forums that I browse to show how good the game is looking now!

The game’s 3D engine is looking gorgeous and creates some amazing game environments for your heroes to walk, collect treasure, & fight in:

In the Haven Faction grasslands
The Human heroes ride on armored horseback while trees & flowers & crops sway in the wind, and sun light pours through the trees. In the castle screen the castle glows with holy light surrounded by reflective rippling water.

In the Inferno Faction volcanoes
The Demon heroes run through massive deep lava pits & flowing lava rivers, while steam & fire spews out through giant cracks. In the castle screen the fortress burns and flaming lava chunks fall from the sky leaving smoke trails in the air!

Continued in next post...

Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods: Quest for Glory IV 3D Hexen, Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- MovieTV Shrines: Lord Of The Rings & Hobbit, & Star Trek
- Emulation
Blake00 is offline                         Send a private message to Blake00