Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-04-2007, 10:34 AM   #21
Puggy123
Forum hobbit

(Door Opens)

Guy- Uhhh..... I need to buy a gun.

Seller- For what reason? Defense, Hunting or Other?

Guy- Other....

Seller- Do you want the .45 Smoothbore 1952 HiPower LoRecoil Model or the 9mm School Massacrer 9000?

Guy- The latter...

Puggy123 is offline                         Send a private message to Puggy123
Old 19-04-2007, 11:40 AM   #22
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

More like:

Buyer: Hi there, I want to buy a gun?

Seller: For defence, right? *giggles*

Buyer, yeah, suuuure, defence, that's right hahaha

Seller: Just wanted to check you won't use it for anything say... illegal hehehe

Buyer: Wouldn't drrreeeeaaaaam of it *laughs out loud*

Seller: You promise? *guffawing*

Buyer: I swear on my headmaster's grave *writhing in laughing pain*

Seller: Oh, you're killing me *gasping for air* here you go son
Old 19-04-2007, 03:05 PM   #23
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
hmm let's see... US installed a government in Iraq. that government had these security forces who were actually death squads and were killing civilians with certian familly names. the other side then retailietaed. on the top of that there is still bombing of US forces, heavy fighting in some cities etc... if war is over why are US troops still there? if they are just to monitor the peace shouldn't they be wearing blue helmets?!?
ergo war is not over. fighting is over ocupation begins. cause what you are saying is that WW2 was over for example for Poland in 1939. after that it was just something else...[/b]

The US did not install a government in Iraq, they did help take down the old one. The new Iraqi government was chosen by Iraqis. The war vs Iraq is over. The war vs terrorists will rage on for some time it appears. I could cite a number of reports that indicated there were ties between Saddam and not only al-Qaeda but other terrorist groups as well. Also reports of al-Qaeda training camps in Northern Iraq.

As I said before I don't want to debate this here. I don't come to Abandonia to talk politics. I am sorry I even continued the discussion. Maybe somewhere else but not here. If you want links to the reports I am referring to you can PM me.

Peace.
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer
Old 19-04-2007, 05:04 PM   #24
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Geezer @ Apr 19 2007, 05:05 PM) [snapback]287525[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Peace.
[/b]
Yes, that one sounds just about right...

Connection with war in Iraq and the Virginia Massacre?
Well Moore linked the Columbine massacre with the bombings in Iraq ordered on that very same day... but NO, I really doubt there's any connection.

Commenting the Iraq thing (OFF TOPIC - feel free to ignore):

The US invasion of Iraq (it can not be classified as anything else, because if you have the power to proclaim it a liberating action and most of the world dissagrees with you and doesn't support your action - it is not a liberating action but an action of terror) was an attack of a soverign nation on a soverign nation, both internationally recognised within their borders... The overthrowing of a dictator's regime had absolutely nothing to do with it, otherwise US would have to go to South America and overthrow all the dictators there as well... wait, maybe they will... there's a pattern... US puts Saddam to power - goes to war against him, fights it for over a decade and takes him down... US puts dictators to power in Southern America... waiting...

Except for the overmilitaristic point of view the US government and general public show by such acts as the invasion of Iraq there is nothing that could relate to any other act of violence not directly related to the agreesion.

Suggestion to moderators - split the topic

So the shooting at Virginia... (ON TOPIC - this is what the topic was opened for):

A guy gets fire arm and starts killing people. The guy seemed normal. I guess he was provoked and kept surpressing his anger. That's always a bad idea. Surpressing anger only leads to a build up of it, which has to end with a destructive act. It's like with any other preassure build up. If you don't vent it out (prefrebly through controled outlets - which violent computer games acctually can be) the preassure gets too high and the explosion follows. There's also another problem with it... if more preassure builds up then it can get vented, the explosion will also follow.

So if you play violent games to let some steam out, you should first make sure you'll be able to avoid the thing that got you steamed up first. Othervise violent games can turned into unfulfilled fantasies you would want to fulfill. If you can access dangerous firearms in the process so much the worse.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 19-04-2007, 05:58 PM   #25
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

I would love to spilt this topic in half, but most of the posts made so far have commented on both Virginia and Iraq, so that's not possible.
This does show that lots of people want to talk about both iddues though, so if people could stop posting things about Iraq here and post in the new thread here (link).
Anyone who posts again in here about the Iraq War will encounter my displeasure. And don't be afraid to start a new thread if anything else that you want to comment on pops up.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 20-04-2007, 01:15 PM   #26
mika
Games Master

From http://www.mg.co.za/zapiro/default.aspx
mika is offline                         Send a private message to mika
Old 24-04-2007, 01:17 AM   #27
Puggy123
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Apr 19 2007, 07:40 PM) [snapback]287480[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
More like:

Buyer: Hi there, I want to buy a gun?

Seller: For defence, right? *giggles*

Buyer, yeah, suuuure, defence, that's right hahaha

Seller: Just wanted to check you won't use it for anything say... illegal hehehe

Buyer: Wouldn't drrreeeeaaaaam of it *laughs out loud*

Seller: You promise? *guffawing*

Buyer: I swear on my headmaster's grave *writhing in laughing pain*

Seller: Oh, you're killing me *gasping for air* here you go son
[/b]
Thats the gayest thing ever.......
Puggy123 is offline                         Send a private message to Puggy123
Old 24-04-2007, 01:46 AM   #28
rlbell
Game freak

The amazing thing about all of these school shootings is that they are usually done with legally obtained weapons and nothing is ever done to make weapons harder to get.

Another contributing cause is the almost religeous zeal with which americans have embraced the 'cult of victimhood'. What is terribly lacking in America (and is obviously in decline throughout the western world) is any sense of personal responsibility. Things are always the fault of $NONSELF (insert society, childhood, parents, video games, rap music, the list goes on and on). Things are never the fault of the person that actually DOES the deed, they are merely victims.

I have a name for these claims-- lies! Unless some avatar of $NONSELF is actually present to encourage/threaten the person to do the deed, it is an act that that person has carried out through an exercise of their own free will. We insist that people be responsible for everything that happens once they release the parking brake and, for the most part, people accept this. This sense of responsibility must be extended to everything that we do.

rlbell is offline                         Send a private message to rlbell