Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Introductions, Farewells and Returns
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-04-2013, 03:57 AM   #1
RaptorZX3

Exclamation New one around

hey!

my main reason that i subscribed on this forum is to get help to have Images or a copy of floppies' contents, for games that i bought.

But yes, i like old games, mainly collecting games i like from 2000 and older.

I got a Pentium 3 450Mhz not long ago, and i'll try to upgrade it enough to run anything from this era fine, since the video card is only a Rage 2C 8mb AGP...and only 128mb of SDRAM PC100. But it seem to run older games just fine.

I'll probably get myself a 286/386 (not sure which, the current owner can't tell me since he doesn't have a clue) soon.

So yeah, a vintage PC gamer and collector from Montreal, it's hard for me since it's like a black hole here for old PC hardware, tons of peoples throwing their still-working old PCs to the recyclers...very sad.

At least that Pentium 3 i got, along with a lot of floppies (3.5" and 5.25") and many other things, i got that for free, from a generous soul here who knew they can still be used.
RaptorZX3 is offline                         Send a private message to RaptorZX3
Old 04-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #2
StaaViinsZ
Abandonia nerd

Unhappy Oh no!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorZX3 View Post
hey!

my main reason that i subscribed on this forum is to get help to have Images or a copy of floppies' contents, for games that i bought.

But yes, i like old games, mainly collecting games i like from 2000 and older.

I got a Pentium 3 450Mhz not long ago, and i'll try to upgrade it enough to run anything from this era fine, since the video card is only a Rage 2C 8mb AGP...and only 128mb of SDRAM PC100. But it seem to run older games just fine.

I'll probably get myself a 286/386 (not sure which, the current owner can't tell me since he doesn't have a clue) soon.

So yeah, a vintage PC gamer and collector from Montreal, it's hard for me since it's like a black hole here for old PC hardware, tons of peoples throwing their still-working old PCs to the recyclers...very sad.

At least that Pentium 3 i got, along with a lot of floppies (3.5" and 5.25") and many other things, i got that for free, from a generous soul here who knew they can still be used.
Oh no, don't make me cry... an old PC going in the trash when if I was there at that time, that moment, I could get it and maybe use it. Ah, there's just some things you can't prevent... Just have to forget about them and try not to bum out over them... Like for instance... I'll take a guess that a old DOS game is thrown in the trash once an hour in the world, maybe more. Ooh, just makes you kinda angry at everyone for a bit, eh?

I'm new too, but I've made a few posts. You've only made 3! Shame on you! PAH! measly 3 posts. LOL JK. Hope you enjoy your stay here!

"...this forum seems like a bunch of jumbled posts all bound together, except a toddler has been tearing "Posts" out of the "Binder"."

"And here we are, in the shadows, patiently awaiting a reply to appear, in it's natural habitat."

"Why quote someone else when you alone have enough ridiculous posts for the whole forum's user base?" -All Quotes StaaViinsZ
StaaViinsZ is offline                         Send a private message to StaaViinsZ