Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-04-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
levoman

Question point & click adventure, police detective

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to remember the name of this old detective game, point & click style from the 90's.
your character is a policeman/detective/ F.B.I agent (?) and each level you have a different case to solve. for example, I remember that in one case there is an assassin sniper shooting a guy who Speak (enthusiastically! i think in Russian..) in front people and he is standing on a stage (important one maybe president of some country) and the bullet split his head in half while he is talking in front of the crowd - you see it in short (pretty Graphic!) video. in the video you also see people in shock covering their eyes to the sight of split head. i think it like you see it through the "news in the TV" -
which reminds me: there is a short video before you start each level, that shows you what you gonna deal with "this time"..

In the level with the sniper shooting important man, you need to find where the sniper hide in a clickable pic (i think its a pic of a city with building or just building/s with windows or maybe both? and I think the solution is that he is hiding in one of the building windows..)

I also think there is a briefcase in this game, where you can see your missions but i am not sure about that..

plz help!

levoman is offline                         Send a private message to levoman
Old 04-04-2013, 07:26 PM   #2
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Do you remember what the graphics were like? Colorful, VGA 256 colors, rather EGA 16 colors or maybe even the 4 color purple-white-bright blue CGA graphics?
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 04-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #3
levoman

Default וt was pretty realistic animation...

All I can remember it was not "Childish" Animation (Relatively) but more realistic style, resembling to videos in command & conquer red alert (I know that in c&c there's real actors playing.. but that is the only example I have to Demonstrate you what I mean when I say "realistic animation")

kind of like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpvqn0fT1OY
Old 04-04-2013, 10:21 PM   #4
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Mm, that's a little bit vague. What about Dick Tracy, could it be it?
If that's not it, try looking through this list, you can select the year period to narrow the search down. Be sure to check out the screenshots on each game's page to the right of it's decription.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 04-04-2013, 11:06 PM   #5
levoman

Default we're getting close

these two are very similar to what i'm looking for:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/sfpd-h...ay/screenshots

http://www.mobygames.com/game/window...rs/screenshots
Old 12-04-2013, 05:19 PM   #6
AdyShearer

Maybe Spycraft?
AdyShearer is offline                         Send a private message to AdyShearer
Old 26-06-2013, 10:52 PM   #7
fablefire

Lightbulb Maybe Hopkins FBI?

Sounds extremely similar to Hopkins FBI. The main character as a cop, the graphic violence, it all makes me think of Hopkins FBI. You can get the demo here: http://www.fileplanet.com/10772/1000...kins:-FBI-Demo You can also get ScummVM and run the game with that to ensure compatibility on modern systems.
fablefire is offline                         Send a private message to fablefire