Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-11-2005, 05:48 PM   #31
7th Guest

:help:

The game crashed after some sort of error, and my display is in utter disarray... it's as though everything has been shifted to the left so that 40% of the desktop is visible, and the remainder of the screen is black. Also, everything is also fuzzy-like and illegible, like sort of a mirage effect.

After rebooting NOTHING changes.

IF I lower screen res to 800X600 the mirage effect is gone, but changing to a higher resolution makes the display go crazy again.

Could this have something to do with the .reg file? What, if anything, can be done?

I am a horrible monster and pray for death

Old 22-05-2006, 07:10 PM   #32
amnesiac0101

hey ive been playing this game since 2001. its amazing still to this day. i have the cd as well as the downloadable version of this. plus i even now have it on my mac. i love this game but im sick of playing with the AI and would like to test my polished skills against another obsessed fan. my email is amnesiac0101@yahoo.com hit me up anytime and lets all try to like get a game going on every sunday night or something.
- Joe

Old 10-07-2006, 08:05 AM   #33
Taku
Lurker

If you have trouble running the game (big blank screen, menu, mouse as sand clock) it might help to change the "chaosreg.reg"

change the line:
"prefsFullScreen"=dword:00000001
to
"prefsFullScreen"=dword:00000000

I changed the 1 to 0. Reregister the file (double click) and you know should be able to run it in window mode.
Taku is offline                         Send a private message to Taku
Old 24-07-2006, 10:25 AM   #34
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Just noticed this post.
All I need to do is disable the sound and music as soon as the game has loaded (via the menu), then the constant switching of the mouse cursor to a hourglass stops.
Old 30-07-2006, 04:04 PM   #35

I need help to figure out how to play the game with a friend of a friend of mine online, we both have windows xp and good internet conection, we have tried the WinSock option but when one of us try to join the game it appears the error message "host doesnt exist or is not ready".

Please would you help me to get this working I really enjoy this game! Advanced Thanks!

Old 30-07-2006, 04:06 PM   #36

"I need help to figure out how to play the game with a friend f mine"

my bad

Old 30-07-2006, 05:58 PM   #37
Chef Boyardee
Game freak

Send a message via MSN to Chef Boyardee

Are you playing via the internet? Because I and a few friends of mine tried that and it doesn't work. Or rather it does, but as soon as one player dies, the game is stuck and you can't continue regardless of how many players are left. We tried it a few times on different computers and we got the same result every single time, so I wouldn't. In fact, I bet the same thing happens when you play hot seat so unfortunately I'm guessing Chaos Overlords is pretty much a single player game.
Chef Boyardee is offline                         Send a private message to Chef Boyardee
Old 04-08-2006, 04:48 PM   #38
Neck Kicker

Any developers out there?

We're trying to create a web-based version of the game - totally doable because it doesn't require animation and is turn based.

If you're interested, check out http://code.google.com/p/chaosoverload/

Old 28-09-2006, 09:06 PM   #39
???

Please see www.chaosoverlords.com.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Neck Kicker @ Aug 4 2006, 04:48 PM) [snapback]246744[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

We're trying to create a web-based version of the game - totally doable because it doesn't require animation and is turn based.

[/b]

Old 28-09-2006, 09:08 PM   #40
Big Kahuna

You should check out chaosoverlords.com. The original team is reviving the game.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Neck Kicker @ Aug 4 2006, 04:48 PM) [snapback]246744[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

[/b]