Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-03-2010, 05:39 PM   #201
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragom View Post
Manual doesn't work... corrupted?
Download and unzipping works. opening PDF-File works. try to download it again.

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 11-12-2010, 06:30 PM   #202
JBaillie
Question Mac Version ??

CIV II is my favorite game of all time. I currently have an Apple running OS 10. So my old CD doesn't run. Any ideas?

Old 11-12-2010, 07:25 PM   #203
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Boot Camp or WINE.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 26-06-2018, 01:13 PM   #204
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Civ 2 buy link does not work anymore. Civ 2 and Civ 1 are not available on Steam or GOG.com.
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 18-11-2019, 06:51 AM   #205
Blake00
Abandonia nerd

Doesn't make sense that such a hugly sucessful game is not avaiable on GoG or Steam, especially considering there are 64bit compatibility patches for it now too.

I've returned to playing Civ2 after like 20 years and have been having a blast. Via a XP VM with an iso of my old MGE cd I've been playing it in HD on a big screen allowing me to see so much of the world! Have been getting into modding it again too.

If its of interest to anyone this is the first dev diary of a Civ2 Heroes of Might & Magic 2 scenario I'm working with someone on that's 20 years too late but we're doing it anyway lol!

HoMM2 Dev Diary 01 - Creating Cities For The Civilization 2 Heroes Of Might & Magic 2 Mod:
In the first dev diary we look at importing HoMM2 castle/city graphics into Civ2.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/civilizat...reating-cities

WIP shot (no units added yet)

Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods: Quest for Glory IV 3D Hexen, Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- MovieTV Shrines: Lord Of The Rings & Hobbit, & Star Trek
- Emulation

Last edited by Blake00; 21-08-2022 at 02:11 PM.
Blake00 is offline                         Send a private message to Blake00
Old 18-11-2019, 11:56 PM   #206
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake00 View Post

Doesn't make sense that such a hugly sucessful game is not avaiable on GoG or Steam, especially considering there are 64bit compatibility patches for it now too.

I've returned to playing Civ2 after like 20 years and have been having a blast. Via a XP VM with an iso of my old MGE cd I've been playing it in HD on a big screen allowing me to see so much of the world! Have been getting into modding it again too.

If its of interest to anyone this is the first dev diary of a Civ2 Heroes of Might & Magic 2 scenario I'm working with someone on that's 20 years too late but we're doing it anyway lol!

https://www.moddb.com/mods/civilizat...reating-cities

WIP shot (no units added yet)

Wow! Nostalgia!

Nice screenshot!

Let’s hope GOG.com makes Civilization II available in addition to other games such as Reunion, Rome, and other memorable games!

By the way, I wish you success in your project!
Old 21-12-2019, 10:40 AM   #207
Blake00
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
Wow! Nostalgia!

Nice screenshot!

Let’s hope GOG.com makes Civilization II available in addition to other games such as Reunion, Rome, and other memorable games!

By the way, I wish you success in your project!
Yes Reunion is another great game that should be on there! But the Civ2 missing thing is just ridiculous!

Thanks Mystvan! Work continues so here's a couple more dev diaries if its of interest to anyone!

HoMM2 Dev Diary 02 - Creating Nice Backgrounds For The Civ2 Heroes Of Might & Magic 2 Mod:
In this second dev diary we look at ‘HoMMafying’ all those Civ 2 advisor, city and event screens.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/civilizat...ng-backgrounds

HoMM2 Dev Diary 03 - Creating Custom Leaders & Wonder Vids For The Civ2 Heroes Of Might & Magic 2 Mod:
In the third dev diary we look at changing Civ2’s leader portraits used for diplomacy with HoMM2 heroes and make a bold attempt at replacing Civ2’s original wonder videos.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/civilizat...eaders-wonders

Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods: Quest for Glory IV 3D Hexen, Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- Emulation

Last edited by Blake00; 21-08-2022 at 02:10 PM.
Old 04-01-2020, 03:29 AM   #208
DrWho42
Game freak

i love civ 2 as well as civ 1 but i'm afraid i haven't played either in ages.

🌲link🌲tree🌲
DrWho42 is offline                         Send a private message to DrWho42
Old 08-02-2020, 09:54 AM   #209
Blake00
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWho42 View Post
i love civ 2 as well as civ 1 but i'm afraid i haven't played either in ages.
I'd say most people would say that. Until recently I hadn't touched them in 20 years either lol! Now that I have I'm an addict again lol.

In fact while I'm here.. Does anyone know of Command & Conquer or Red Alert scenarios/graphics pack for Civ2 MGE or ToT?

Been thinking about making a dark and moody one heavily based on C&C2 Tiberian Sun just for fun. But there's no point in me wasting my time if someone else has done it haha.

The only Civ2 C&C scenario I can find is this one by wonx2150:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resou...-c-c-mod.9958/

He converted in a number of units and buildings but didn't really do much with the terrain. I can't be stuffed making a whole scenario so I'm thinking I might do a C&C graphics update for his instead heh. I could release a separate graphics modpack too for those not interested in the scenario.

Would be easier making a ToT graphics conversion due to the increase colours however his scenario is MGE so I guess I'll be putting my pallet conversion hat on lol as I'm too scared to even bother touching the MGE to ToT scenario converter lol.

Blake's Sanctum:
- Emulation
Old 14-03-2020, 03:40 PM   #210
Blake00
Abandonia nerd

Been a while so here's a couple more dev diaries if its of interest to anyone!

HoMM2 Dev Diary 04 – New Throne Room, Intro, Dip & Wonder Videos For The Civ2 Heroes Of Might & Magic 2 Mod:
In the fourth dev diary we look at changing Civ2’s throne room with a HoMM2 castle jigsaw while completely replacing the title screen plus intro, diplomacy herald and wonder videos with cool HoMM2 content.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/civilizat...ip-wonder-vids

HoMM2 Dev Diary 05 – Creating Victory/Death & City Backgrounds For The Civ2 Heroes Of Might & Magic 2 Mod:
In the fifth dev diary we look at adding new HoMM2 themed victory and death sequences plus custom city screen backgrounds.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/civilizat...ty-backgrounds

Blake's Sanctum:
- Emulation

Last edited by Blake00; 21-08-2022 at 02:12 PM.