Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-10-2008, 08:22 PM   #101
montebest
Lurker

how the heck do you not lose money?
hey does anyone have a saved game past the 50's?
montebest is offline                         Send a private message to montebest
Old 29-10-2008, 09:17 AM   #102
grinderz20
Lurker

I was loosing 3-4 million every month since 1931 Tried putting more and more money into ads, it didn't help... Probably after I'd discovered a radio and put $10-50K on every single station
grinderz20 is offline                         Send a private message to grinderz20
Old 15-11-2008, 10:59 PM   #103
WilliamC23
Abandonia nerd

Why can't I make any money in this game, no matter how much I spend on advertising, no matter how little set my car prices, it always ends up not selling, and I have no clue why.
WilliamC23 is offline                         Send a private message to WilliamC23
Old 26-11-2008, 09:20 AM   #104
jinxdone

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamC23 View Post
Why can't I make any money in this game, no matter how much I spend on advertising, no matter how little set my car prices, it always ends up not selling, and I have no clue why.
Just start in the four US parts and canada and slowly expand everything gradually from there. Also open up more than one marketing dept on the areas where your cars sell well.

Keep an eye on the competitor prices and their car tech levels and pick your price accordingly.. don't sell your cars too cheap.

Well, this works nicely up until the game's bugs kick in by the 1920's .. (some counters roll over to 0-> 255 or 0 -> 65535, it's no fun to find you have thousands of workers when you should have none in some factory.)

Last edited by jinxdone; 26-11-2008 at 09:23 AM.
jinxdone is offline                         Send a private message to jinxdone
Old 02-03-2009, 06:27 AM   #105
Martin Levy
Default Tips

TUTORIAL !

First of all, If you are not selling its because you have your offices outside USA . ALWAS START IN NORTH EASTERN USA ...

Open a Factory and 10 office sales in USA and supply each territory with one factory .

Use more than one Family Sedan. You can sell 10 diferent models and still sell them all. Set your prices 20 lower than competition and overflow the USA market with your cars.

Set arround 15 % of your selling in each territoy into advertising in that territory . So if you are selling 200 k in NE USA , you should spend arround 20 k spread in different things like billboards, Newspaypers and Sports.

15 % Benefits for your workers and give them a salary that is attracting a lot of available for hiring.

Make at least 7 sedan Family + 1 Sport + 1 luxury + 1 van + 1 pickup and so ... Dont change the names of your models, upgrade them and keep the supply lines in order.

When USA is consuming more cars that your 4 factories in USA can provide even when they are at 10 level with 200 workers per line. Open a Factory in Canada and then another one in South America and set them in 2 nd and 3 rd position in each supply line for each Sale office . If you spend enough in advertising for 1930 NE USA will be consuming all its 10 level factory cars . So you can set a Factory in China only to supply USA with more Family Sedans .

Use Canada and South America Factories to supply all your non sedan models for the entire world.

For people that want to edit memory stuff . You can download programs for editing memory such as " Game Wiz 32 " or " Engine " they can give you a lot of money very easily .

As soon as you are making profits start hiring TEch people and assign them at engine first, then brakes , then Body, Then Safety, Then luxury . Once you reach 50 guys in one line , go even in the others and then start again 100, 50 50 50 50 ... And so ...

Anyquestion feel free to mail me at [edited]

Good Luck !

Martin Levy

Last edited by Paco; 02-03-2009 at 09:01 AM. Reason: no email in Forum!

Old 22-05-2009, 12:36 AM   #106
Rogir
Default You are right

[quote=Martin Levy;354431]TUTORIAL !

First of all, If you are not selling its because you have your offices outside USA . ALWAS START IN NORTH EASTERN USA ...

You are right. I have more than 5 billion dollars and i am in 1949. Important issues:
Control your prodution month a month. Firing and hiring as necessary. Salary and benefits according to your wish (increase to be able to hire more).
As soon as you gain money in the game, hire techs. It's my best guess. I have the max amount possible (255) in every area as soon as i could, in fact i already have airbags and ABS in 1949.
Keep your prices low, but mostly in the beggining, as you are hiring and growing production, keep your prices cheaper comparing with the others, in a way that you have good profits. But you'll see that they can decrease their prices too. You can notice that when your sales decrease a month. So check the prices of the others constantly. It's very important when you have the same side of the others.
In the lines of production, keep the same number of workers in every line, or its much better 25 workers in to lines than 50 in one. I don't have more than 50 workers in a line, the productivity is too low. I'd rather open a new factory.
Keep the level of the factory as low as possible, 3 is a good level in the beggining, and opening another factory grow it slowly, and you see that level 9 and 10 are very expensive and the productivity doesn't worth it, specially level 10.
That's the deal: keep your prices lower, your tech higher, and advertise about 10% of your gain. It's working for me. I sell 2 times more the amount of the others together, and i have a profit of 4 milion a month with 14 million of income. I sell more than 7 thousand cars.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:57 PM   #107
TRJ021782
Lurker

I have been playing this game for a few days now. I have $4.7 billion in the bank (savings) and $558 Million in checking. I bring home around $30 million a turn. Every turn the news reports that one of my competitors (always Wild Oats INC) has filed bankrupcy and thier CEO has been fired and so on.

Two Questions:

One - Can you buy a competitors company or buy stock in it or something? the news keeps saying that the company hopes to find an investor to save the company, it seems to me they are trying to imply I could do that and I would like to do just that.

Two - How do you win? I have ridiculous amounts of money, I can't produce cars fast enough to satisfy N. Europe and Japan, I sell more cars every month than everyone else put together - What do I need to do to win?
TRJ021782 is offline                         Send a private message to TRJ021782
Old 09-08-2009, 04:04 PM   #108
AdyDurn

Not quite as good as Motor City... but a few things I like about this game. First, if you want a challenge from starting on the highest difficulty and paying off your debts in only a few years... start in the middle-far east. If you want a garunteed success, start in the USA with a sedan (saloon) car or start in N Europe with a van. You only need 1 model to start off with, but I normally also make a sports car to go with the sedan/van I start off with...

Each different region "needs" a different type of car, but I find sports cars sell well in the whole of western world from day 1 (or maybe it's just that I offer cheap performance, hehe)

I love the body customisation, and this game is much better than Car Tycoon (more options, better gameplay), however it does lack when it comes to variation in the specifics of the vehicle, engine development is very linear and the engines just get more powerful and more efficient. I would also like to choose the change in body style when a new level is researched rather than it making (normally the wrong) assumptions on the car shapes... it's a very addictive game, but it can get a bit too easy once you start turning more than 3million net profit, regardless of where you start.
AdyDurn is offline                         Send a private message to AdyDurn
Old 12-08-2010, 01:43 PM   #109
gamekid55

Wink cool game

I like this game. Even though it is not in my favorite kind of game and I'm not to good at it, Detroit is still a good game.
gamekid55 is offline                         Send a private message to gamekid55
Old 10-09-2010, 04:15 AM   #110
help!

can anyone explain how to edit the amount of money you start out with, i have both hex editor and universal game editor, however i cant seem to get either to work correctly, anytime i play this game for real my company goes down by the 1920s quite fast, ive tried everything! anyone have an explanation for UGE or a hex edit that works?