Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-11-2013, 10:41 PM   #20
Hunter Hunted
Abandonia nerd

Cool

Well, Lulu, I don't like heights either. I've never flown. Could you catch me boarding a plane? No Sir, or Madam! You'd have to paint all the windows black and assure me this flight would be a relatively short one because I'd be petrified.

It's weird because I used to enjoy walking up high hills when I was a kid with my father. In Edinburgh where I live, there's a famous extinct volcano trail called Arthur's Seat in Holyrood Park that allows for great views of the city from the summit, or you can go round the radical road below the crags. Calton Hill is also very popular and it's got this Greek style monument that was only partially completed so it got labeled Edinburgh's Disgrace. I just remembered I added that as my location. It's not where I live. We say all the queers go up there, which they do. It's kind of notorious, you might say. But you don't actually have to walk up a hill as there are steps.

I was actually scared of this aqueduct along a canal in my city until quite recently, because it's quite high up off the street. There's a part of it where you can see the city bypass below and you can cycle across it, as it's wide enough, but obviously there's water between it. Well, I did actually cycle across it on my bike with my mate one day twice going to and from Ratho and I didn't feel very scared, because I think when you exercise hard, your body releases endorphins which makes you feel temporarily invincible. So maybe my ill-feelings in general could be due to not only boredom and depression, but also due to not being physically active enough. Fresh air really is beneficial.

And about games, etc: I do agree that they go downhill after so many years. Franchises basically get milked for the money and Resident Evil is one of the badly milked series today. It started off a pretty solid saga back in the day. Like it was really cool from 1998 to 2005. Resident Evil 4 was quite amazing in the day, but it just smells of 'selling out' now. Resident Evil games nowadays are basically the same thing as COD, more or less. I just don't find them scary anymore. I mean, in teams you don't get afraid because you know you have other players watching your back and the whole game is pretty much linear, unlike the old ones where they deliberately made you look for keys and waste time doing side tasks. Now it's just repetitive shoot-outs, which is awfully boring and clearly done to cash-in on the success of other contemporary action titles. That, plus they seem to just introduce random characters on the fly. Hey! Sherry's in, as she's the daughter of William Birkin, Wesker's partner behind the scenes, we'll throw in Jake, his mysterious never-seen-before son, even though it'll make no bloody sense whatsoever and fans will still buy it regardless. Right, Shinji. Who's up for some coffee?

Yeah; I have Capcom all worked out, pretty much.
Hunter Hunted is offline                         Send a private message to Hunter Hunted