Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-02-2011, 09:22 AM   #11
kotshka
Lurker

Does anyone have a functioning copy of this game? This one has a fatal glitch where the entire map clears after a few turns, removing everything but desolation (including the shelter you're supposed to be standing in) and then kills you. Based on the discussion I see here, someone must have a working copy that lets you play for more than 10 turns, but I can't find one anywhere. The copy at HOTU has the same problem. I'm dying to get further into this game.

Thanks in advance!
kotshka is offline                         Send a private message to kotshka
Old 03-02-2011, 12:50 PM   #12
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

The version I got from the site works fine, however I don't know what you mean by turns since it is not really a turn based game.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 04-02-2011, 10:49 PM   #13
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotshka View Post
Does anyone have a functioning copy of this game? This one has a fatal glitch where the entire map clears after a few turns, removing everything but desolation (including the shelter you're supposed to be standing in) and then kills you. Based on the discussion I see here, someone must have a working copy that lets you play for more than 10 turns, but I can't find one anywhere. The copy at HOTU has the same problem. I'm dying to get further into this game.

Thanks in advance!
If there is, in fact, a problem with the archive I can create a new (and different) one. Is the problem some kind of copy protection?
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer
Old 13-05-2011, 02:57 PM   #14
Ramidel
Abandonia nerd

The problem is a glitch. Between months, the game sometimes corrupts and wipes the world file, throwing you into a blank world and deleting your save.

The fix is to save the game every couple months or so and copy-backup the world.
Ramidel is offline                         Send a private message to Ramidel
Old 20-12-2011, 10:30 PM   #15
JediaKyrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramidel View Post
The problem is a glitch. Between months, the game sometimes corrupts and wipes the world file, throwing you into a blank world and deleting your save.

The fix is to save the game every couple months or so and copy-backup the world.
That glitch was in the released version of the game too...I found my old copy in a box and got it running....to the same world-delete error.

I also have all of the tchotchkies that came with it...a couple of fake nuclear fallout shelter guides with game stuff hidden inside. I can copy them for anyone who would like.

Old 19-12-2012, 12:27 AM   #16
ChescoChesco
Default Looking For Bug Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediaKyrol View Post
That glitch was in the released version of the game too...I found my old copy in a box and got it running....to the same world-delete error.

I also have all of the tchotchkies that came with it...a couple of fake nuclear fallout shelter guides with game stuff hidden inside. I can copy them for anyone who would like.

I also purchased a copy of this game when i was 10 years old. The game was released with the fatal month bug, making the game unplayable. Its a shame cause once u understand how it works and all the amazing things you can build combining resources you can build your dream city & garden - this game is actually quiet amazing, infact, the FIRST 'Minecraft-like' game of its kind! Never took off because of this bug!

Anyone have a solution, i REALLY want to play this game!!

Old 30-01-2013, 09:20 PM   #17
JediaKyrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChescoChesco View Post
I also purchased a copy of this game when i was 10 years old. The game was released with the fatal month bug, making the game unplayable. Its a shame cause once u understand how it works and all the amazing things you can build combining resources you can build your dream city & garden - this game is actually quiet amazing, infact, the FIRST 'Minecraft-like' game of its kind! Never took off because of this bug!

Anyone have a solution, i REALLY want to play this game!!
I've tried patching it myself, but can't figure out exactly where the bug is. It would probably be easier to rebuild the game from scratch than find one mistake in thousands of lines of un-commented code.