Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-03-2007, 12:44 PM   #51

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Mar 5 2007, 04:47 PM) [snapback]282012[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Step 1 and only: Use DosBox to run the game.
[/b]
DAMN... it's very hard... i'm italian i dont understand really well what is the right process for run this beautiful game whit xp please please explain it to me!!!!
i download dosbox and the other program but I dont understand how to use it...... please
Play to this game is wath I wont to do in my life! ( my english is orrible! )

Old 09-03-2007, 01:02 PM   #52
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Italian Language Patch + Readme.
The readme explains the entire procedure.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 09-03-2007, 04:13 PM   #53

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Feb 26 2007, 05:14 PM) [snapback]281072[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
What is the error message when it crashes in DosBox?
[/b]
sORRY wen i try to stert it it compares "screen init failed" and stop..... why?

Old 10-03-2007, 01:51 PM   #54
Die Bärtige

Hello all together!

At first I want to thank you for the notes. Now I got this game running with sound (in DosBox). Also thanks for replacing the corrupt version of the download files.

I loved to play this game since the first time I played it some years ago. And I can remember some aspects of the original manual. But can anyone tell me where and how to get this manual (german version preferred ;-) ) again. My own got lost with the game.

Greetings Die Bärtige

Old 10-03-2007, 09:53 PM   #55
Rob

Hello,

I've managed to get MAX up and running, but I've been unable to get the game to play multiplayer because it is asking for a CD. I have the CD, but I have been unable to determine where MAX is looking for the CD or if I've got it configured properly. Has anyone had any luck mounting the CD drive properly to enable multiplayer?

Thanks in advance.

+++MERGED+++

Hey, I've solved my own problem and will post the solution below.
The more advanced options for CDrom mounting seemed to make it not work (although it could have been a number of other things).

ipxnet startserver
mount c c:\games
mount d e:\ -t cdrom
c:
cd max2
maxrun.exe -fD:\max

Note that in the last line, the "D:\Max" is used because it's an interplay "pack" and there are other games on the CD.

Old 11-03-2007, 11:37 AM   #56

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rob @ Mar 10 2007, 11:31 PM) [snapback]282845[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hey, I've solved my own problem and will post the solution below.
The more advanced options for CDrom mounting seemed to make it not work (although it could have been a number of other things).

ipxnet startserver
mount c c:\games
mount d e:\ -t cdrom
c:
cd max2
maxrun.exe -fD:\max

Note that in the last line, the "D:\Max" is used because it's an interplay "pack" and there are other games on the CD.
[/b]
ok but this is your solution for max 2.... if I use dosbox for max with this keys:

mount c c:\max
c:
cd max
maxrun

it crash and compare "screen int failed" and I dont know why

Old 11-03-2007, 11:19 PM   #57
rob

hmm... you're right, my solution above is not clear. It is *not* for max2, despite the directory name. I had "screen init failed" once but that was when I tried to run it with the follow commands

c:
max\maxrun

which didn't work and gave the error you described. Other than that, I'm unsure, since I was successful with the default settings everywhere else.

+++MERGED+++

sorry, I left off my suggestion. Maybe try

./maxrun.exe

as your last line.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:44 AM   #58
Meteorhead

Hail!
Finally a forum where they speak of M.A.X. (2) and the last post isn't 2005 August. I've been hunting this game for quite som time now, but it's nowhere to be found, and I won't ship it to Europe for 30$. So could someone give me a hint where to find MAX2?

Old 12-03-2007, 01:49 PM   #59
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
mount c c:\max
c:
cd max
maxrun[/b]
Try
mount c c:\
c:
cd max
maxrun

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 13-03-2007, 02:25 AM   #60

Feel free to correct me, but doesn't dosbox recommend *against* mounting the root of your drive?