Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-02-2005, 03:49 PM   #1
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review & Download

Last edited by The Fifth Horseman; 24-04-2009 at 02:46 PM.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 08-02-2005, 03:54 PM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

k: For the Emperor!

Love it.

Note to self: Get to writing the walkthrough, you lazy git!

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 08-02-2005, 06:32 PM   #3
Will

Wow, I remember playing this game in high school. I bought it because I remember wanting to play the boardgame badly when it was out but couldn't afford it.

This game gave me nightmares. Out of freeze time, 1 gun jammed, out of flamer ammunition...if Laertes can just make it to the bulkhead and close it in time...Overwatch! They're coming on Four!!!! Yeeeaaarrrgggghhhh!!!!! *wakes up panting*

I didn't really understand the rules of the game until I actually played the boardgame (for example, your gun only jams in overwatch). Try it here SpaceHulk-Single Player. Its based on the boardgame rules and doesn't have the realtime element that this does. Once you get a hang of the rules, you'll be much better equiped to play this game. But, its still a hard and tense game.

Old 08-02-2005, 06:45 PM   #4
MasterGrazzt
Game Wizzard

Jeez, you mention right off the bat that the adventure game Bureau 13 is based off a "popular" RPG (which is false, Bureau 13: Stalking the Night Fantastic is a very obscure game that I can never find a hard copy of in any store) but no mention of Warhammer 40,000 in this review? The immensely popular wargame that had a major gaming release last year in Dawn of War? I call that a huge oversight.
MasterGrazzt is offline                         Send a private message to MasterGrazzt
Old 08-02-2005, 06:46 PM   #5
Will

Sorry for another post, but I forgot to mention about what you said about the lack of a moving back to back tactic. It actually can be done.

Freeze time and go into command mose (right click map)
Select the marine that will be walking backwards.
Position him behind the marine that will be moving forward (click on the square behind the other marine)
Turn him around(left or right click the turn arrows on the top of the screen)
Command Marine to move to other end of hallway(left click on end of hallway)
Make sure overwatch is on (left or right click marine logo in upper left corner of screen, the marine pic with lines coming out is overwatch mode, I forget if its left or right click)
Commit the command (click the go button)

Now, when you unfreeze the game, the marine will walk backwards down the hallway as long as there is an empty square in back of him until he reaches the end of the hallway. So basically, he will take a step back for every step that the other marine is walking forward. (You may want to walk that one manually as walking backwards is slower than forward, if you command him to walk to the end of the hallway, he will leave the backwards marine behind)

If aliens are coming down on the backwards marine, put his view on the main window and fire manually, you won't jam this way.

Ok, this is getting long.... I love this game....Hope I can sleep tonight

Old 08-02-2005, 08:03 PM   #6
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Quote:
Originally posted by MasterGrazzt@Feb 8 2005, 07:45 PM
Jeez, you mention right off the bat that the adventure game Bureau 13 is based off a "popular" RPG (which is false, Bureau 13: Stalking the Night Fantastic is a very obscure game that I can never find a hard copy of in any store) but no mention of Warhammer 40,000 in this review? The immensely popular wargame that had a major gaming release last year in Dawn of War? I call that a huge oversight.
Different reviewers.

1. Bureau 13 is very popular in Scandinavia (where I happen to come from).
2. If the reviewer isn't aware of the game series Warhammer 40 K, he will review it as if it was a stand-alone game.

That's why.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:16 PM   #7

i cant seem to get this game to work. im running 98 and when i open the game up the screen just goes black and nothing happens.

Old 08-02-2005, 09:50 PM   #8

this game is really cool.. i like to call it a precursor to alien vs predator k:

one thing i hate gameplaywise though is how its absolutely neccessary sometimes to use the map mode while turning but when you do its easy to make a mistake and turn in the wrong direction..and close combat is pretty much 50/50 win or die

Old 08-02-2005, 09:56 PM   #9

@above, try reading the game info, specifically the compatibility part.

Old 08-02-2005, 10:56 PM   #10
WolverineDK

i remember playing this game on amiga and yes it is a good game but i was more fund of space crusade

i really liked that game

(somebody should make a remake of space crusade with the amiga sound and i would play it bigtime:-)