Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-02-2008, 06:55 PM   #91
Adamg
That one guy.

Does anyone else have display problems with the crew page, or crashes when hiring more crew? And if you do, do you know how to fix it?
Adamg is offline                         Send a private message to Adamg
Old 29-02-2008, 07:48 PM   #92
Adamg
That one guy.

Aha! I fixed the errors with the crew status page, and the error with the crew recruitment at the bar! :nuts: Turns out the problem was created when the game was cracked and the copy protection eliminated. I downloaded Mechwarrior from our good friend The Underdogs and that copy worked perfectly without any errors.

We have an unofficial manual though with the copy protection codes on Abandonia, so it's just an inconvenience to type the codes in. But at least the game actually works. I suppose I probably should upload the working version.
Adamg is offline                         Send a private message to Adamg
Old 29-02-2008, 10:29 PM   #93
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Adam: I'll take care of that tomorrow.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 06-05-2008, 07:07 PM   #94
DanielLaki

This led me to abandonia. One of my all time favourites. Excellent. And ******* hard sometimes.
DanielLaki is offline                         Send a private message to DanielLaki
Old 23-03-2009, 05:05 AM   #95
CorruptMylar
Abandonia nerd

I have a question about sound. When I'm at the "finger" screen, I don't hear any sound. I hear music when I go to the bar. I hear the foot stomping sounds and shooting sound effects when I'm in battle. What sounds am I supposed to hear? mpu401=false
CorruptMylar is offline                         Send a private message to CorruptMylar
Old 23-03-2009, 01:14 PM   #96
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

On the title screen, in the bar, and when you win or lose a mission.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 25-03-2009, 09:12 PM   #97
Super Rifleman

Default Super Rifleman

I'm having the Crew related problem as well... Have you posted the fix for it yet??? I have been missing this game for years... You guys have a fricken awesome thing going here... Thankyou... Your other patches fix all the other problems... I also have spotty sound as well... Is there anything for that???
Super Rifleman is offline                         Send a private message to Super Rifleman
Old 26-03-2009, 01:06 PM   #98
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

If I remember right, the game archive on the site has been replaced a while ago with one that doesn't suffer from the crash/garble on the crew screen. Download the current one and see if you get the crash with it as well.

What do you mean by "spotty sound", exactly? Mechwarrior doesn't offer much in the way of sound. The four MIDI tunes mentioned above and some PC-Speaker SFX during combat are all there is.

-- Reed Richards
Old 26-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #99
Super Rifleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
If I remember right, the game archive on the site has been replaced a while ago with one that doesn't suffer from the crash/garble on the crew screen. Download the current one and see if you get the crash with it as well.

What do you mean by "spotty sound", exactly? Mechwarrior doesn't offer much in the way of sound. The four MIDI tunes mentioned above and some PC-Speaker SFX during combat are all there is.
Sometimes I get sound in the finger page sometimes I don't... Sometimes I get sound in the bar sometimes I don't... I basically have the game licked... I have all the mechs I need to confront the dark wing... I have the game to that point as well... Let just say I'm good with a jenner... But not that good... I was hopeing to fix this version so I wouldn't have to start over... Not to mention the fact that it took me two hours to get this one working... The only reason I did was because you had it laid out step by step... There is no dummy list for uninstall and reinstall... LoL
Super Rifleman is offline                         Send a private message to Super Rifleman
Old 26-03-2009, 03:25 PM   #100
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Just unpack it into a differently named directory and copy the savegames from your current copy of the game (hint: those would be the most recently modified files in the game directory).

I can look into preparing a fix of some sort, but to do that I'd have to have a copy of the borked-up version of the game so I can find out which files differ.

-- Reed Richards