Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-07-2008, 10:19 AM   #561
ajoin007

1st sorry but i cant post there i dont have the privelege of the admin or something like that.

2nd still not working. the only lmine i can see in dos is reconfigure hardware options
ajoin007 is offline                         Send a private message to ajoin007
Old 08-07-2008, 10:51 AM   #562
dosraider
Dismembered.

Hmmm, you can't download an attached file aslong as you have that n/a thing it seems...
There, on 4shared it will work for you:
http://www.4shared.com/file/54341463...e9/momcfg.html
Put those two files in your MoM folder, overwrite the old ones.
Works in dosbox 0.72.
BTW, think you would better delete the old folder, and startover from a fresh one.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 15-07-2008, 03:49 AM   #563
MrShadow
Lurker

I've been playing Master of Magic daily for the past 3 weeks.

I am lucky to have an older computer (Pentium 200Mhz) on which the game runs smoothly, but still crashes sometimes.

My favorite race is High Men. They have the best unit, Paladins. In my current game, just 2 Paladins (aided by 2 Gorgons) vanquished the heavily defended capital cities of two enemy wizard who had the audacity to occupy the same continent as me!

Second favorite race is Nomads. They can build Griffins (which are nearly as good as Paladins) and Rangers are nice with Pathfinding and decent missile attack.

Another good race is High Elves. The Elven Lords are almost as good as Paladins and are quicker to build, but High Elves can't build Priests, which are useful to purify corrupted lands. Pegasai are expensive scouts, but don't fight too well.

Many like Halflings, but while Slingers are very good, I find the race itself very boring to play because they can only make 5 different units (spearmen, swordsmen, bowmen, shaman and slingers)

I always raze cities of the following races: Klackons, Gnoll and Orc. I sometimes keep Barbarian cities, because their Beserkers are useful.

Other races I like, but not as main race: Dwarves, Beastmen and Dark Elves.

Magic:

Nature magic has the best summons: Great Wyrm, Colossus, Gorgons.

Death magic also has some very good summons and I play it often enough: Death Knights can kill anything except Chaos Spawn and Gorgons. Also good are Shadow Demons, Wraiths, Demon Lords and Night Stalkers.

Chaos magic had the best offensive spells... Flame Strike hits all enemy targets and make winning fights easy. Doom Bolt and Disintegrate also hurt the enemy bad. Creature summoning is almost tops with Chaos too: Great Drake (not as good as Sky Drake, but still worthy), Hydra (slow but deadly), Chimeras, Fire Giants and Doom Bats.

Sorcery has some good summons: Sky Drake (the best in the game) and Storm Giants. In combat you get: Phantom Beasts and Air Elementals to crush the enemy. If you get Wind Walking, you can cover a lot of territory fast.

Life magic gets you the best hero: Torin.

I don't know it anyone here posted this link already:
http://faqs.ign.com/articles/372/372466p1.html
It's a great MOM strategy guide. Check it out for great info.

Master of Magic is my all-time favorite game.
MrShadow is offline                         Send a private message to MrShadow
Old 15-07-2008, 04:45 AM   #564
nvrmre

I just started playing this game the other day, and so far I like it. It reminds me a bit of one of the older Civ games with a fantasy twist (both good things in my opinion!).

I've noticed that this game seems to have a real following, so I'm curious to venture further.
nvrmre is offline                         Send a private message to nvrmre
Old 16-08-2008, 09:35 PM   #565
CorruptMylar
Abandonia nerd

I have a question if someone would like to offer an opinion/advice.

There is a place that I'm looking to settle. I can get 4 piles of crystals if I settle in that spot. Also,if I settle there I can get 16 max pop. Not bad. With my dwarfs I can maximize their potential as well.

However, just north is a river bend where I can get 20 max pop. But it will run into the prime location for getting the crystals.

So I ask thee, would it be better to max out the population and build an ancillary city to take advantage of the specials or try to average population and terrain specials.

Here is a screenshot.
http://img501.imageshack.us/my.php?i...dcity16mx4.jpg

And in general, are little cities even worth it. Is it good strategy to completely spam the land with settlers like the computer does?
CorruptMylar is offline                         Send a private message to CorruptMylar
Old 17-08-2008, 06:23 AM   #566
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Well generally, the higher population of a town, the more gold it will produce for each round. Keep in mind that the maximum population of a town will also be raised once you've build the granary and that food market or whatever it's called (I have a German version).
But building a town with so many crystals nearby will boost the mana per round for at least 6 points which is something. I would suggest though you build the town just one tile to the east on the same horizontal length so you get the gold ore as well, then it would be the best solution as long as the maximum population won't be less than 14. Shouldn't be though since it's close to the river, and besides it will get one more plain tile instead of a desert tile.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 17-08-2008, 09:13 PM   #567
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrmre View Post
I just started playing this game the other day, and so far I like it. It reminds me a bit of one of the older Civ games with a fantasy twist (both good things in my opinion!).
When the game first came out, we were all struck by how much it appeared to be Civ in a fantasy world setting. That was a part of its charm. The screen was deliberately set out to imitate Civ, which was possible because Microprose was the publisher for both games.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 27-08-2008, 08:39 AM   #568
jasonmloh
Forum hobbit

The copy of Master of Magic found here requires a patch (patch 1.31). The one I am having is the final retail version (doesn't require a patch and no bugs, although I am not to sure). I have been playing this game for several months and not a single problem, except that it runs slow in dosbox 0.72. I would like to upload this final version to this website but I need to know if it's ok to do so (Kosta, all admin and moderators I hope you are reading this).
________
Lovely Wendie99

Last edited by jasonmloh; 01-05-2011 at 12:42 AM.
jasonmloh is offline                         Send a private message to jasonmloh
Old 27-08-2008, 09:21 AM   #569
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Yep, we'd love to have it on Abandonia

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 29-08-2008, 03:01 PM   #570
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Final retail was much earlier than 1.31. The game was only released once, and the patches were added later.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin