Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-09-2005, 10:00 PM   #1
ShadowXIX
Abandonia nerd

When I run Another world in DOSbox I get this message on start up

Quote:
A memory manager has been detected that may impare performance. Removing your memory driver will enable maximun performance. Consult your DOS manual or memory manager guide for details.

To continue press:
1) to proceed
2) to run in a reduced audio mode
3)to completry diable audio
esc) to abort

I press 1 and the games run fine from what I can tell music and sound FX. Though maybe alittle fast but that could just be because im use to the SNES version.

I wanted to know though whats with the memory manager message before the game starts up I never got that before? Any way to get rid of that also?
ShadowXIX is offline                         Send a private message to ShadowXIX
Old 15-09-2005, 11:23 AM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I got it on a normal DOS PC too. Seems that the game reacts that way to EMS/XMS. Nothing really serious.

If the game runs too fast, try decresing the cycles or get the Windows-based port from HOTU (it's called Out Of This World). The Win conversion has a little worse music, tho.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 16-09-2005, 08:52 PM   #3
ShadowXIX
Abandonia nerd

I tried slowing it down and its alittle better. I think its that im use to playing it with a controler and not the arrow keys. I use to be able to play through the whole game without dying back in the day.

Now im getting owned all the time. Like that part where the alien punches you and you kick him in the nuts and have to run and grab your gun and shoot him before he smokes you :ranting: sooo hard now but im getting better.

One thing I also noticed is the lack of music compared to the SNES version. Too bad I really loved the music in that version it added so much to the atmosphere that made me love that game with a passion.

I think im going to track down a SNES copy and get my SNES working again. k:
ShadowXIX is offline                         Send a private message to ShadowXIX