Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-12-2004, 10:37 AM   #1
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Default The Fifth Horseman's stuff

Allright. So, as promised looong ago, a (long) list of games I can offer to Abandonia. I don't remember all the titles you already have on the site, but I've tried to omit mentioning the ones I know of. I don't know which ones are abandonware and which are not, though. I also take no responsibility for any possible data storage failures which may lead to my inability to provide one game or another. (just while writind this list I found that one of the CD's actually got holes in it and is unreadable... looks much like swiss cheese, if you know what do I mean).

Abuse (awesome platform game; with all the docs and the editor included - you can actually create your own levels and entire Abuse-engine-based games with that!)

Action Supercross (biker - you need to collect all items from a level, and those can be vicious sometimes; fun, even if the graphics are ugly)

AD&D - Al Qadim the Genie's Curse (role-playing)

Alien Breed (top-down view shooter; pretty nice, but I just don't like it...)

Amazing Spider-Man (Simple platform game with logic puzzle elements. Pretty interesting too. And yes, you are Spider-Man.)

Battletech: Crescent Hawks Inception (same game, but I have two exe's modified so that in one you have a custom Assault class mech instead of Chameleon, in other it's a MadCat for all those Clan lovers)

Battletech: Crescent Hawks Revenge (first RTS ever produced, a worthy precedessor of MechCommander - those who played MC won't find the basic principles of the game too much different; difficulty is kind of insane, though; with self-written editor tool and I can rip out the music as well; think I have also some walkthroughs somwhere; if any of you like messing around with hexadecimals, I have written a full-blown instruction on how to do thattoo...)

Blackthorne (aka Black Hawk) (V. good platform game by Blizzard - unsure if abandoned, though. Was released somwhere around the time of Warcraft 1.)

Blake Stone 3D (Kinda like Wolfenstein 3D, but better, including many features one can think of as missing on the original Wolf)

C64 Emulator + Rom for Knight Rider (old, not really that much fun, but can be used to kill time; works on everything from 486 and up)

Capture the Flag (based upon the game known and loved by so many... yep, almost the same. Player vs player or player vs computer)

Castle of the Winds 1&2 (Win-based precursor to Diablo. Horrible graphics, but the game is quite fun to play)

Chessmaster 2000 (old chess game - make no mistake, the program is wee powerful...

Commander Keen 1-3 (old platform game series by ID; the first three parts are rather boring)

Commander keen 4-6 (same series, but with improved music, graphics and gameplay - you can actually like them)

Conan the Barbarian (RPG game based upon characters and world created by Robert Ervin Howard. What, never heard of him?)

Covert Action (Wanted to be a secret agent? Well, now you are! I have the docs for this game somwhere...)

DarkSeed 1 (Horror-adventure game. Lots of graphics done by Hans Rudi Giger. A few major bugs, though, and it's easy to fail paicking up some obscure item and failing to complete the game. Similar about obscure actions...)

Day of the Tentacle (Good old Lucasarts adventure game with SCUMM interface. Full of funny gags too.)

Descent (Yup, that's it)

Desert Strike: Return to the Gulf (shooter-simulator of sorts; AWESOME)

D-Generation (Logic/action game. Fun.)

Dino Park Tycoon (sort like Theme Park series, but with a Jurassic Park twist to it

Dinosaur Safari (interesting game; you get paid for travelling in past and taking photos or videos of dinosaurs - some of the beasts can be fairly dangerous!; long, but enjoyable enough to complete; a degree of educational value, very good to occupy dinomaniac kids for a while; BIG, somwhere around 250 MB)

Disney's Alladdin (platform game; fun even)

Doom & Doom 2 (the old shooter legends... what else I need to say)

Duck Tales (Mixed arcade/platform game, not recommended for adults, but good for kids who happen to be donald duck fans.)

Duke Nukem (full version here)

Duke Nukem 2 (full version, allright)

Duke Nukem 3D (with one of the expansion packs, not sure which one; is it ABW?!?!?!)

Dune II (okay, not sure if Abandonia does not already have it)

Dyna Blaster (very old, but enjoyable game... hard to describe)

Earthsiege 1 (a good mech combat game - maybe worth giving it a try?)

Earthsiege 2 (I have a full-CD version. Maybe I could try to do some ripping around it, though?)

Electro Man (almost the same as the Electro Body game, except for slightly different graphics and music; hell, even the levels are every jot the same; in case you wondered- a platform game with a pretty high difficulty)

Entombed (puzzle game... kind of like Myst and the sort...)

Epic Pinball (Full version, IIRC. Good game, anyway, though nowhere comparable to Pinball Illusions)

Fatty Bear's Birthday Adventure (adventure game for younger audience; some degree of mini-games and extra activities inside the program too - worth considering, if you want to occupy a younger member of your family for a while with a non-violence-including game)

Gabriel Knight 1 (full-cd version... not sure if ABW or not)

Golden Axe (An oldie beatem-up genre game. One or two players. Graphics and sound are decent. Very arcade in style)

Heretic 1 (similar to Doom, just in a fantasy setting)

Hitch-Hiker's Guide to Galaxy (text adventure based upon the book by Douglas Adams)

Home Alone (based on the movie under the same title - fun, quick, interesting)

Hound of the Shadow (text-based adventure game based on Cthulhu Mythos; didn't like it much, but I have it on my HDD anyway. Manual included.)

Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis (Very good SCUMM interface game by LucasArts. One of my definite adventure favourites out there.)

Indiana Jones and the last crusade (Adventure game. Scumm-precedessor inteface, with lots of unneccesary commands. Graphics can be repaulsive at some moments)

Island of Doctor Brain (great logic game)

Jill of the Jungle 1 (smalll Epic Megagames platform game; fairly good)

Jones in the fast lane (kind of weird game... the very idea cannot be summed up shortly enough to write here)

Keen Dreams (Another Commander Keen game)

Laser Squad (old turn-based tactical strategy, slightly resembling the UFO series)

Leisure Suit Larry 1-3, 5-6 (who needs to speak more?)

Lion King (Another platform game. Disney license, produced by Virgin, yes, it's based upon the animated movie of same title...)

Loom (old, but fine, adventure game)

Lords of the Realm (One of the coolest turn-based medieval strategies ever. Floppy version, so you can only fight in England. Ever wanted to design your own castles? Now you can! Oh, and altough I've got the docs, they are 1. too big to type in and 2. in Polish language so OCR programs wouldn't do much good either (and this assuming I would get access to some scanner)

Lotus 3 (old racing game from loong ago)

Lure of the Temptress (old adventure game - kind of interesting)

Manhunter (An old adventure/puzzle game. Not too good)

Mech Warrior 1 (This aint a joke - fully functional copy of the very first game in Mech Warrior series. Manual included.)

MechWar (A 12-year old Battletech game written by a fan of the boardgame. Two players, hotseat only. Includes all the original docs and tools)

Metal Mutant (Beatem-up game... that pretty much sums it up)

Neuromancer (based on Gibson's book under the same title; interesting to play too, though I did not have the patience to get anywhere far)

Ninja Gaiden II (Platform game, excellent graphics and music, gameplay does not leave anything to be desired too)

North & South (a strategy game dating back to times of Amiga. Not bad...)

Operation Wolf (arcade shooter)

Out of This World (Windows-operating conversion of Another World. Gameplay pretty much the same, music slightly different because in Midi format. Does not need any slow-down tool nor Dos emulator to use)

Pinbal Illusions (two versions - the floppy version and the CD version; each has some flaws, unfortunately - nothing major, but can sometimes be annoying)

Pinball fantasies (not the best pinball I know, but for those who like pinball games it is sure worth their time)

Power Dolls (turn-based strategy game... interesting somewhat)

Prehistorik 1 (good old platform game; didn't hear of it?)

Prehistorik 2 (Sequel to Prehistorik. Slightly better graphics, gameplay just more of the same.)

Prince of Persia (the most classic platform game - maybe only except Flashback...)

Prince of Persia 2 (More difficult and advanced then PoP, with some minor logic puzzle here and there. Not much more to say.)

Quake 1 (Is it ABW, though? Not sure... Anyhow, includes all four episodes, but the fourth seems to be broken and locks up when loading)

Rampart (building a fortress, fighting with enemy fortresses and ships)

Raptor: call of the shadows (sooo old... sooo fun; top-down scrolling shooter, not unlike Tyrian; has a bit more realisitic graphics and storyline is minimum - destruction is all that matters)

Rex Nebula and the cosmic gender bender (adventure; quite humorous)

Robinson's Requiem (Survival/RPG with extreme realism in some terms - except the setting. Excellent choice, anyway)

Robocop (ancient shootem-up/beatem-up game; very arcade-like, with high difficulty level; based upon an OBVIOUS movie title...)

Robocop 3 (based upon Robocop 3, naturally; you can play the movie storyline - and there is one or two what-if options too, or play each type of level as a mini-game; vector-based graphics; kind of interesting, but playability leaves alot to be desired)

Sam and Max hit the road (funny old adventure game with plenty of humour)

Secret Agent 1-3 (Old game series by Apogee... unbelievably addictive. Third part is broken, so you can get to almost completing it, but unfortunately it locks up before the last level)

Shadow of the Comet (Adventure game with maybe a little complicated interface, but nice otherwise. Mmm, Cthulhu Mythos...)

SimAnt (another in Maxis SIM series - simulation of an ant colony; can be played as sort of campaign or experimental mode, like when you have an ant farm; campaign is easy to complete when you get how to win in the first area and then spread to the others; still fun, though)

Simcity 2000 (one of the games from simcity series; still good for its age)

Simearth (another of SIM series - you control an enviroment of a whole planet here)

Simlife (create your own lifeforms and introduce them into a normal enviroment or create your own flora and fauna all from scratch)

Simfarm (like simcity, but about building your own farm)

Space Crusade (similar somewhat to HeroQuest, designed for 1-3 players; for 1 player it's not fun at all, though; music is c***tastic; includes docs and MOD music from Amiga version, which is ten times better)

Star Trek: 25th Anniversary (I'm not sure if you already don't have it here, though.)

Street Fighter 2 (second in the ever-popular Street Fighter series)

Super Star Wars (platform game, with a few pseudo-3d levels; fun)

Syndicate (Team strategy game. Very interesting, with good graphics and sound.)

Terminator 2 (Arcade/beatem-up mix. Ripped straight off the movie.)

Ugh (Old arcade/logic hybrid. Stone age flying taxi sums it up pretty well, even if it makes little sense when reading first time)

Warcraft 1 (Eww... I don't think Blizzard ever stopped selling any one of their games. Or did they?)

Warlords 2 (turn based strategy - very interesting, very addictive)

Ween (myst-like adventure game... pretty simple, but can sometimes be annoying too)

Where in the World is Carmen San Diego (Puzzle/detective game. Kind of fun too.)

Yoda Stories (simple, yet entertaining, adventure game for Win 9x)

A while ago a friend of mine gave me a CD compilation of all oldies he could find, and so I'm listing what other games I found in there, but did not check them out. Note that I have encountered damaged archives and nonfunctional copies in the compilation before, so no guarantee that all of them will be readily accessible and will actually work.:
Adventures of Zak Mc Kraken
Alone in the dark 1&2
A nightmare on Elm street
Archon
Archon Ultra
A-Train
Auto Duel
Barbarian
Bard's Tale 1-3
Battle Chess
Cruise for a corpse
Crystals of Arborea
Curse of Enchantia
Dawn Patrol
Death Track
Defender of the Crown
Deus
Dusk of the Gods
Elvira - Mistress of Darkness
Escape from Hell
Exile 2
First Samurai
Future Wars
Goblins 1-3
Hare Raising Havoc
Heimdall 2
Hugo's House of Horrors
Ishar 1-3
James Bond: The Stealth affair
James Pond II : Robocod
Lost in LA
Mad TV
Magic Carpet 1&2
Maniac Mansion
Micro Machines 1
Millenium
Mortal Kombat 1&2
Mrs Pacman
Ninja Gaiden 1
Pizza Tycoon
Populuous 1 & 2
Ports of Call
Powermonger
Pyramids of Egypt
Quest for Glory 1 VGA
Quest for Glory 1-4
Realms
Reunion
Rise of the Dragon
Rise of the Triad
Rise of the Triad
River Raid
Robin Hood
Road War 2000
Road War europe
Romance of the three kingdoms 1&2
Saboteur 2
Sabre Team
Secret Weapons of Luftwaffe
Shadowcaster
Shadowlands
Settlers
Simcity
Simcity'
Simhealth
Sindbad
Sokoban
Spear of Destiny
Street Fighter 1
Sword Quest 1 & 2
Test Drive 1-3
The ancient art of war
The ancient art of war at sea
The legacy
The lost admiral
Thexder
Times of lore
Transport Tycoon
Transport Tycoon deluxe
Ultima 1-8
Ultima Underworld 1&2
Ultimate Body Blows
V for Victory
Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat
Wasteland
Willow
Wing Comkmander 1&2
Wing Commander Armada
Wizardry 1-5
Wizardry 7
Wizardry Gold
Worms
Xenon 1&2
X-Men 2
X-Wing
Yeager Air Combat
Zaxxon
Zork 0-3

As for non-game programs, I have some DOS-operating MOD players, and, I think, some version of ProTracker (though never used it). I also have a copy of Screen Thief, which is a DOS-based screen capture program (very nice, BTW)

Well, I think that's about all... back to playing Bloodrayne, then :[*
What, never saw a Vampire smiley before? Well, now you did!

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 28-12-2004, 10:49 AM   #2
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to Omuletzu Send a message via Yahoo to Omuletzu

Please send ST(Screen thief).
I only have the shareware version, and the program is probably abw by now
Omuletzu is offline                         Send a private message to Omuletzu
Old 28-12-2004, 11:22 AM   #3
Tuttle
Super Freak

Send a message via AIM to Tuttle

Screen Thief was eventually released as freeware -- ftp://ftp.externet.hu/pub/mirror/sac/graph/st201f.zip (very slow download link; good thing it's only 37 KB. )

If you need docs for it then the old 1.58 shareware release is also available at ftp://ftp.externet.hu/pub/mirror/sac/graph/st158.zip.
Tuttle is offline                         Send a private message to Tuttle
Old 28-12-2004, 12:20 PM   #4
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Impressive list. I only glanced at it right now but I do see many games are either already on the site or are not abandoned yet. Give us some time to digest this and we will get back to you.
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 28-12-2004, 12:35 PM   #5
TaloN
Hero Gamer

rise of the triad is awesome

TaloN is offline                         Send a private message to TaloN
Old 28-12-2004, 12:36 PM   #6
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
many games are either already on the site or are not abandoned yet
:tnx:
Okay, my fault. I did not list ones I was sure of to not be ABW or already around, but I guess nobody's perfect...

Anyhow, the compilation from my friend contains a lot more files... I just did not have the patience to write them all down. So, if you need anything, I might just be lucky enough to have it.

I would have MUCH more, but unfortunately one of my best game CD's broke two years ago. Sad, cos it had a lot of stuff on it. :not_ok: :not_ok: :not_ok:

PS. I'll be writing my review for Crescent Hawks Revenge soon, Picard! Fear it! :evil:

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 28-12-2004, 12:48 PM   #7
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

As for the Amazing Spiderman, Conan the Barbarian and First Samurai, THEY ARE ALL MINE!!!!

I was quite into these games. Currently I'm doing some C64 conversions, but I guess I'll finish all of this games very soon.

Still, there are several that I still don't have.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 28-12-2004, 12:51 PM   #8
Wael
Hero Gamer

I´ll make a list /-
Wael is offline                         Send a private message to Wael
Old 28-12-2004, 12:56 PM   #9
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by the_fifth_horseman@Dec 28 2004, 01:36 PM
PS. I'll be writing my review for Crescent Hawks Revenge soon, Picard! Fear it! :evil:
Fine by me but I cannot quarentee that game will make it on the site. We are actually serious on not having games that are not good enough. Write the review and we will have an objective look at it I promise but no quarentees.
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 28-12-2004, 01:03 PM   #10
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by The Picard+Dec 28 2004, 02:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Picard @ Dec 28 2004, 02:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-the_fifth_horseman@Dec 28 2004, 01:36 PM
PS. I'll be writing my review for Crescent Hawks Revenge soon, Picard! Fear it!* :evil:
Fine by me but I cannot quarentee that game will make it on the site. We are actually serious on not having games that are not good enough. Write the review and we will have an objective look at it I promise but no quarentees. [/b][/quote]
What does it means, no games that aren't good enough.

Why da hell Kosta doesn't want some really old games?? They can actually improve our rating and drag more people. Yes, they CAN!

So? What's a big deal if game is that old?
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river