Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old News
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 30-09-2006, 10:14 AM   #11
red_avatar
Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom Henrik @ Sep 30 2006, 09:53 AM) [snapback]258315[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(red_avatar @ Sep 30 2006, 04:02 AM) [snapback]258283[/snapback]
Quote:
Okay just sent all 5 answers. One of those was pretty hard for me personally. Even if you know and have played all the games, it's still easy to not recognise it by the screenshots because it seems Kosta loves using screenshots of intros/animated sequences which most people will even skip
[/b]
The whole idea is that you are supposed to twist your brain a little and use searching engines and game museums on the net.

Where would the fun be if it was so easy that everyone could answer it in 3 seconds?
[/b][/quote]

Everyone? Not everyone has played so many games. I know hundereds of games for PC (if not thousands) if I get to see in-game screenshots but an intro which you see for a split second or only if you play a game for quite a while is much much harder. I just think that the screenshots shouldn't be mostly intro or cut-scene shots. As you say, then it becomes a matter of who is the best googler or browser. And that defeats the point of a quiz.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 30-09-2006, 10:32 AM   #12
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

No worries, it just happens to be so in the first few "easy" sets. Later screens are all in-game

Kosta is offline                         Send a private message to Kosta
Old 30-09-2006, 10:35 AM   #13
red_avatar
Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kosta @ Sep 30 2006, 10:32 AM) [snapback]258320[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
No worries, it just happens to be so in the first few "easy" sets. Later screens are all in-game
[/b]
Good :P I'd like my head not explode in trying to remember some cut-scene. It's a miracle I recognised the hard one.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 30-09-2006, 12:43 PM   #14
#BlakhOle#
Game Wizzard

I'm not very good at this. Are all the pictures available on the internet to compare to the games? Obviously I'd have to look around to find them, but If I look will I find that actual picture? I don't get the chance to play many games; availability is a huge problem, closely followed by money with time nipping at its heels. I just don't have the resources at the moment to buy, download or research 50 different games. But that iPod looks maaaaighty fine . So with this in mind, I'm going to try my best. So's I don't sound like a whiney kid. Whoops too late...
#BlakhOle# is offline                         Send a private message to #BlakhOle#
Old 30-09-2006, 07:05 PM   #15
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

Thats great. I check in to see what is going on lately, and BANG! A contest is in progress... What's with you people? I go away for a while, and you start a contest while I'm gone... :P

And yes, mee too. I mean I only recognise 1 of the screens
I played many of the classic games, but earlier we didn't or more importantly we couldn't buy the original of the games. I only recieved rips of the original games, which dont have cutscenes, music or sound, just the game itself to spare disk space. This was more than 10 years ago though... The point is, even if I played most of the games back then, I saw no intros or cutscenes whatsoever. This makes it almost impossible to solve most of the screens here... I guess I don' really have a chance to win this contest

But I play anyway, for fun if nothing else

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 30-09-2006, 08:01 PM   #16
shanuea

Send a message via ICQ to shanuea Send a message via AIM to shanuea Send a message via MSN to shanuea Send a message via Yahoo to shanuea

Im pretty confident in my answers for all but the first one. I just had a wild guess at that one. Good competition though. Thanks kosta. But will the answers be posted on here at the very end or as each new set of screenshots are posted??
shanuea is offline                         Send a private message to shanuea
Old 30-09-2006, 11:19 PM   #17
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Well, it doesn't bode well for me. I have no idea whatsoever from which games those screenshots may come from... If anything, I never played those games. And they are supposed to be the easy ones...
Old 01-10-2006, 12:03 AM   #18
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eagle of Fire @ Sep 30 2006, 11:19 PM) [snapback]258485[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Well, it doesn't bode well for me. I have no idea whatsoever from which games those screenshots may come from... If anything, I never played those games. And they are supposed to be the easy ones...
[/b]
Remember that "easy" in this case is very biased. Kosta thinks these are easy, but what he considers difficult wil be considered laughably easy by someone else.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:35 AM   #19
MV75
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom Henrik @ Sep 30 2006, 07:53 PM) [snapback]258315[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(red_avatar @ Sep 30 2006, 04:02 AM) [snapback]258283[/snapback]
Quote:
Okay just sent all 5 answers. One of those was pretty hard for me personally. Even if you know and have played all the games, it's still easy to not recognise it by the screenshots because it seems Kosta loves using screenshots of intros/animated sequences which most people will even skip
[/b]
The whole idea is that you are supposed to twist your brain a little and use searching engines and game museums on the net.

Where would the fun be if it was so easy that everyone could answer it in 3 seconds?
[/b][/quote]

That's great and all, if you know what it is you're looking at to search for, and also where to search for.

EG: 1st picture: search for "army dude with explosion" I'm sure that'll return something useful. You really need to recognise these screen shots, so yea, it really is an answer in 3 seconds deal.

Looks like I'll just buy those sierra games.

EDIT: Is it possible to still be in the running if you can't guess any out of a block of 5, but can guess some in the next block, etc, and only have say, 30 out of 50 guesses submitted?
MV75 is offline                         Send a private message to MV75
Old 01-10-2006, 01:31 AM   #20
Damo

Thumbs down

Hi folks.
Long time reader first time poster
I am not going to compete in this as I dont know any of the first five.
However I am a massive fan of Monkey Island, Discworld and the like, and the 4th picture looks of the same ilk.

If someone were to email me the game so I can try and get it I can promise I wont use it for this comp or give it to someone else.
Just really want to play it.
I only have the next couple of days off to play games so I can't actually wait for the comp to finish

Hope someone can help

Thanks in advance and great site!
Damo is offline                         Send a private message to Damo
Closed Thread