Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-08-2006, 11:14 PM   #1
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh
Thumbs down

Hello there artists of Abandonia!

I'm searching for a good artist who can draw good cartoon characters and/or caricatures. It's for a project of mine, and it is very important. Since I cannot draw at all (except for stick figures), I'd like to call for the help of Abandonian artists.

Plus, if: - you know Warhammer 40K characters
- you can draw cartoon characters or caricatures from photos
- you are willing to help me out

(I know this thread is supposed to be in the art forum, but I think more people will notice it here in 3xBlah, so please don't move it okay? )

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 31-08-2006, 07:58 AM   #2
Abi79
Home Sweet Abandonia

Send a message via Yahoo to Abi79

You know, the true artists are always busy making art, so they don't look in 3xBlah. :P Maybe you should also post in the art section.
Abi79 is offline                         Send a private message to Abi79
Old 31-08-2006, 04:41 PM   #3
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

Well, I haven't enough skillz in drawing to help you, but maybe could be useful if you say how hard could it be that work! It's about drawing a couple of doodles or a gazzilion of paintings?
Old 31-08-2006, 10:54 PM   #4
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Do you mind scans? I'm terrible at photoshop for anything other than coloring scans.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 31-08-2006, 11:49 PM   #5
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Okay, I thought I only disclose the nature of my project to the voulanteers, but hell, here you go:

I need some good cartoon characters based on real life people(me for instance). There are 4 characters I'd like to be drawn, in different positions. It's for a...club...or like that. Okay, me and 3 of my firends are formed sorta club over the years. Each one of us has his own self-made "character". You know, I'm Playbahnosh (which is almost how you spell parson in hungarian, in fact playbahnosh is the "englishized" version of the word), my friend is Inquisitor (who is a big fan of Warhammer 40K)...and so on. So, I thought we could create a group T-shirt, and I want it look cool. I need each one of us as cartoon characters on it. This is all for now... But later I would like to expand this a little, to create a theme "Inquisition" sorta funny like.

We have a huge fest here on the university every two years. Its called "VEN" (Veszprémi Egyetemi Napok = Veszprém University Days). This is a week long party at full power! At this fest, there is always a competiton. Each department of the university is assigned to a group, there are five groups. These groups are competing for the big prize, to win the VEN. Each group has it's own theme, for example this year there was LuciVEN, with a hell theme, SuperVEN with a superhero theme, VENdetta with gangster theme..and so on. Each group must build it's theme based pub, present shows and advertise themselves, like an election. At the end of the week, there is a voting. Who wins the VEN that group will be famous for all etherity

So I thought this could be our big chance, and nominate "VENquisition" as our group theme on the next VEN (which is two years from now). But that's a very far dream of mine...yet

For starters, I'd like to have some cool drawings of us as cartoon figures, as our "character". Just me and my friend. To make a T-shirt
And maybe some cool backrounds and themes for my mobile

Not a big work, but I can't draw
So, anyone willing to help me?

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 01-09-2006, 02:29 AM   #6
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well what does each person want?

I'm VERY good at hand drawn sketches, and I tend to either color with paint markers or Photoshop. I usually scan then blend in Photoshop to make it look natural, so it could easily work for a shirt or such.

If you tell me what everyone wants their character to look like, and you give me a few reference pictures to give me a general idea of what you want, I may be able to do it.

My Site -
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 01-09-2006, 09:29 PM   #7
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Thanks for the help Pigggy!

Okay, I have some bad pictures, but since almost all of my pics got lost in the last system-crash a few months ago, I don't have too many. Plus I'm on dial-up, and the pictures are quite large (1 Mb+) so I can't post them here. I could upload them to a FTP server or I could try to send it to you by e-mail, but I don't say it fo sure. If you have, gimme some contact info, or a server I can upload the pics to, that'll be good.

The worst thing is, I will move back to the university on Sunday, and I have absolutely no internet connection in the dig. I'm planning to get a broadband, but even if I order it now, I won't have any internet for weeks. You can find my picture in the real names thread, I'm on the abandonia wallpaper.

Okay, here's the deal with the characters. The base theme is the "Inquisition", parodized. Me and my friend made up this theme. He is Inquisitor, like the character from Warhammer 40K. More like the Force Commander, in the golden armor with a huge hammer. I'm Playbahnosh, and I'd like to have a cool half-armor half-garmet design, like a Tech Priest but no implants and gadgets, just a staff and like, shoulder pads, belt and stuff...maybe. You can find pictures with google, or if you know the game Dawn of War, that would be awesome. You can also find some cool videos, intros n stuff.

Okay, I don't want huge realism, just some cool cartoon figures, a little caricature like, if you what I mean.

If you could make some beta sketches of the ideas above, that would be awesome. I'd like to see what you are capable of k: Tell me if you want more info or anything.

(I wanted to send you this in PM, but either your PM messanger is disabled or it's full...)

Old 02-09-2006, 03:19 PM   #8
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Yep, my PM is disabled, and yeah I do have Dawn of War so I know what you're talking about

I'll just e-mail you my e-mail (hehe) and I'll start working on a few example pictures once I have the proper reference pics.

EDIT: Do you want them seperate, or standing together? Like doing a pose with eachother, or do you want two different pictures?
There are also a ton of different designs for those two characters you mentioned, if you want a specific one, tell me, or you could leave me to take the coolest one I find.

My Site -
Old 02-09-2006, 04:44 PM   #9
Grinder
Funkpilz Inc.

Well, I can't really draw people, and certainly not from perspectives, but I do enjoy drawing carricatures.
Grinder is offline                         Send a private message to Grinder
Old 02-09-2006, 06:13 PM   #10
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

@Pigggy

I'm sending you some info and some pictures in e-mail. The transfer is halfway thorugh...after 20 minutes <_< bah...
And the golden armor, like the force commander has will be cool for Inquisitor, and a huge hammer like the inquisitor has in the Mark of Chaos video with the Bloodthirster in it. For Playbahnosh, I give you freedom on the clothing, as long as you hold the monk garmet thing, and keep it simple.