Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-12-2015, 04:20 PM   #191
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Fun game. Grazie, C(A)PO. Noted

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
It was a suggestion if you didn't catch that.
Gemplay vdu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXLKoov2ZZQ
wikipedia article on the franchise: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothic_%28series%29

OK
OK
Nice video.

But why this mage does not use for example

1. Molotov cocktail

2. AK47

3. Mirror image?

Only fireballs?

He seems to be poor fighter? No spells?

Like idiot he runs up-down before monkey.

Stand up and fight like a man, like brave.

Old 29-06-2016, 07:41 PM   #192
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Fallout Tactics solo though guy guide

So, I put this back. What a miracle.
The last bunker can be gambled as intended (free for all), the jet bike key does nothing despite the popular rumor about Phil the Nuka Cola Guy.

The missions offer practically no advantage to mix their order, so w/o furtther ado:

Mission #17

You'll pee blood, because the game is cheating against you.
First:you'll need every type of weapons you can use:
- power fist t smash some towers
- rocket launchers because there are plenty of free ammos here for that
- saw minigun + browning because 1 round from the browning damages the crab-bots (scurry bots?) enough that the next round can come from the SAW.
- grenades. Grenades will be used at the #5-6 complex.

First kill everything right north where you arrive. Let's hope they don't instakill you (they are many), and the upmost bot does not notice you so you can get close to it and kill it fast - it has gauss ammo. When the first wave is destroyed get behind the fence so the second guard-bot won't kill you, and the gauss-bot won't wast your ammo.
Go further, kill some crabs. Don't mind the generators, they must be blown up the same time, but there are remote dets and detonator around, so you don't actually need those to be brought (although 2 explosives helps ensuring the kill).
Climb down the ladder, and turn off the agressive setting of your character. Go to the switch. Wait until the mines are found so you will be sure you deactivated the towers here. Use rocket launcher to blow up the tower you see. Two of the three guard posts have entrance from behind - get close to them to see the bots inside and throw grenades at/next to them. Do NOT stand where they can see you. You also CAN'T throw grenades over the walls surrounding them, you must throw through the "gates" of the walls. Problem is the third post, which you can not kill with grenade. Actually the whole kill of it depends on sheer luck.
Also beware the bad texture which can make you see/make you be seen by a pacification-bot inside the front gate. It has short distance, but it likes to be invisible, and is just annoying. Use rockets against it through the texture if you can. Beware, do not stand close to the walls and accidentally blow yourself up!
Do NOT go to the upper floor until the rocket bots on the main streets are eliminated (more on this below). Use the side-entrance in the gorund floor. There is a tank-bot, it is melee- use rockets and run behind cover. Disable agressivity whenever it comes to the door, or you'll cut this entrance. Go down with powerfist on your active slot and punch the tower to death. Go back up and get to the room of generator #5. It has 3 invisible guardbot inside. I'm not actually sure what to do here, they tend to fry my arse. Maybe an electric grenade...
There is another (another two?) room on the upper floor... I adivse using the stairs from outside and try activating the invisibots by rockets or something.

To get to the #2 and #3 firstyou need to kill 2 crab-bots, then shoot down one-by-one some human-bots. Not hard. Avoid the rush to #3 because of the doorframe. Through THAT doorframe you can dispose the rocketbots one by one (the second usually flies in your line of sight and makes itself killed). Every other way you are toast.
To get to #2 there is a ditch with 2 bots. Run to the eastern side of it and kill both the same time. They aren't lethal. Go to the entrance, lay down and switch the switch. Go in and punch the towers to death. Go to the other entrance, run in - 2 crab-bots will be activated.

There are 3 ditches in the south side (and generator #4).
From the side pass the building on the south, kill the human-bot, open the door, run out and kill the two rocket-bots. They usually die the first burst, and never actually killed me.
The generator-house has 2 guardbot, but they are anything but dangerous.
The 3 ditches exist just to f* you with. They have weapons that can tear you shreds even from a distance, and they tend to get the initiative, so make instead a frontal ambush not sparing browning/rocket from an even higher distance. Do NOT try to ambush them close from the north!

The rest of the level is ok, but those *#&@ invisibots are making me maddd.
Old 14-08-2016, 05:51 PM   #193
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Dead End Street

This flash game is a rare gem.
It lacks practically all originality, but it is has a good progress into being hard while remaining in the realm of possible.
There are almost no bugs (only the laying-too-many-mines bug which shouldn't be an issue in normal play), and it gets good use of its mechanic. I recommend it.
Old 01-03-2017, 06:40 PM   #194
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Rage of Mages 2 Hard Mode Mage

Thx Gog for win10-compatible version. Made a mage instead of my lost warrior,and took the ogre-killing dialoge:

At 30 point in water and 22 in earth (bought staff in starting town) gaining more skill proved mostly futile (the troll died before being able to gain another point of skill, so duh).
Btw, later if you have a protection-spell and just let the game turned on, your skill'll go up infinite by time, so duh.

After map1 immediately (no town in-between) comes a second map ca.same size. It has an ogre (at live village), 2 zombies (NE), a crapton of bandits (NW) at locations. With hit&run you CAN kill them or just lead each of them to the local knights guarding the exit.
There's a dead village at the starting location, and if you have only Earth attack you're as good as that as there're some ghosts immun to that element.

Next I can choose 3 quests:
- run for a magic sword (why do it with a mage)
- kill a bunchof bandits (considering the previous ones you better have company, either way it won't give you THAT much gold)
- the quest to have Igles the knight. Sounds the most reasonable, you'll be able to train the whacko asap. The only downside is, you won't be able to kill the local dragon. Not that I'd see any chance fighting it anyway (and being a flying thing knights can't hit it with anything except bows, which suxxor).
Old 12-05-2017, 07:11 PM   #195
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Siege of Avalon Chapter 4 Walkthrough

Most of my notes on this game are on the 15th page of the thread, but whatever. Here comes how to do this chapter with minor fuss:

You can get 34 stealth in this chapter, 5 less if you are not a scout by starting profession.
You should always stick to the known passes because some codes kick in with a delay, and there are some miss-programming (regular enemies being naturally hostile instead warchef/general/shaman), and wolves are perma-hostile. Of course most of these are avoided if you stealth is natural 100 (aka. you don't need to activate for that the shadow-spell).
If you are powergaming gather the stealth-bonuses first and start killing the enemy only after that. Or just do as you please.

Page Entrowe sends you to Mudam after what you need to report back to him. Mudam sends you to Village 4 to see nagas, V7 to see ahoul training, V10 to see a ram under construction, sends you to Sir Soth who wants back ovoron's satchel, also to Ambassador Johfrit who wants you to rescue Edgard, and to Olon who wants you to bring him a dreamcatcher wand for he sends you to Pell.
Now leave to the Village(s).

V1: speak with random ahouls until your journal gets updated. Not sure if this, or any other update worth XP, but whatever.
V2: -
V3: Old Bensends you to swap Mithras' staff as the scout-initiation. Report back after done for +5 stealth and ring of speed.
V4: Scoutmaster sends you to get the hundsman's tunic (when worn wardogs will be yellow = not hostile), after which you can choose from two quest/training: get "a map" or kill lizardmen. I suggest this order.
V5: -
V6: -
V7: find the training ground. There is an ahoul called Shellen, but has no use aside some special conversation. Won't mention similar ahouls anymore.
V8: -
V9: Shiilazia updates journal. After speaking Kallden you can get some XP from Darg who is in V11. Not sure if this is true if you kil Kallden befroe talking with Darg. Equipment: Draugdur's Bow, map, assassin knife (I never use this)
V10: here is the ram, and the hundsman's tent, inside in chest is his tunic (it has no special name, so don't loose it). When visiting all sites for Mudam you must got to Elzarath instead Mudam (or go to Mudam, then to Elzarath despite none sending you there) then back to Mudam, and NOW you finally can visit Fester for Oil. Equipping the oil is how you supposed to destroy the ram. Note: youcan't destroy the ram with bow. Switch to any melee weapon, or just drop the bow and use your fist.
V11: Darg is here. Mard updates your journal.
V12: lizardmen. Check their corpses, now they have some stuff on them.
V13: Equipment: dreamwalker staff, boots of evasion, ring of shadows
V14: helmet of alertness, mail of midnight, cloak of storms, voreworm skin shoes, 2*ring of balance (this on ahoul archers walking around, gives 10 coordination, 10 HP)
V15: Edgar is here. He joins as a companion, so avoid confrontation while he's with you, and yes,you must walk allthe way this time. In V1 4 ahoul will appear near the bridge to the castle during this. Edgar will vanish as soon you enter the castle. Still have to report to Johfrit this for XP. Yes, this must be done too before Sir Roth makes you able to kill Ovoron. Nug Roth until you get it as quest to kill Ovoron (only available when all other possible things are done in this chapter). Equipment: greaves of extinguishing, scimitar of winds. Ovoron's equipment isn't bad either. His satchel is here too, in a chest.
V16: Mithras' staff is in his tent.

Note: at a point Roth sends you to Mudam, who sends you to Captain Calvaric. CC asks you to offer him to the attention of King Vortigern's head honcho of his army, but this doesn't seem to be available, at least not now. onle the journal's minor notes section is updated with this.

And that's it.

----------

Also, here are the differences between classes, aside the obvious special equipment they get:
- warrior: get some initiation-speech, nothing really more than a "nao you are knight, happy?". The initiation-quests can be done by the other classes, even the items-to-gather can be found.
- scout: you get a unique quest which includes some special equipment to carry around - special mage-related equipment, so you won't use them. The initiation-speech is almost non-existent, but the quest-talk mentiones "you are nao part of the illuminati". The whole quest comes from an otherwise-useless NPC.
- mage: a whole new quest, I mean a side-boss-battle. Almost no initiation-speech. Still the bestof the bunch.
Beware, mage playthroughis bugged, you can't free the Queen's spirit because the chapter--finishing conversation does not activate. This does no effect the play otherwise. Here is the journal-entry if you're curious:

Last edited by twillight; 21-05-2017 at 04:52 PM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 16-06-2017, 02:59 PM   #196
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Falout Tactics Though Guy playthrough

You can't blame a man trying. And as I know the armor-bug, I can fix it via the editor.

So, made the character:

And finished the 1st mission. Shotgun-users must be dealt with standing far letting them waste all their ammo (after the first locked door outside the building; at the "bunker" on the top left; outside the front side of the boss tent. The sleeping gangster also has one, but you know - he's seleeping). Same strategy applies to the boss' tent.

Used items:
- stimpack: 25
- healing powder: 3
- happy pie: 2

-------------

EDIT:
Having some trouble with the Special Encounters:
- you get special encounters only in given hexes
- you can get 2-4 special encounter on a specialhex, but that randomizes their location
- after a while the encounter you'll get is unavoidably Pitch Black, and it's death-sentence until very-late game
- after a while the encounters get randomized, so only get to these encounters, in this order to be effective:
I. from Bunker Alpha go 4 hex down: Brahmin Poker. Grab the money.
II. from I. two hex to the right, 4 down: Hermit. Buy Scout Book. Learn from it.
III. from II. teo hex to the right, 3 down: Brahmin Armor. This is the most dangerous and otherwise problematic encounter. First: only try this during night. Second: do not leave the encounter until you have the brahmin armor, or you risk (make?) the exit grid not working anymore. You heared it right: you go back to your base, save, come back, and you'llnever be able to leave the encounter ever again! Third: have 70% stealth. As soon as you arrive start stealthing. Start walking - and when you getdetected running - towards the nearest turret. If all goes well it self-destruct, maybe hurting you a good portion too. If not, it'll just kill you. Stay there (you can loot it) until the rocket-tower keeps firing (and maybe you hear the brahmin's moo as it dies). Fall back then, and enter stealthing again. Lay down and crawl to the cow's body. If the cow is still alive, you'll die. Get out.
IV. from III go diagonally up-left (not touching the Hermit-grid) 9 hexes, then 1 to the left to find the Farmer. Buy small guns + outdoorsman books, plus 1 piece .50 DU ammo
V. from IV one down, 3 to the left: Gas Station. Buy the Elixir of Life (+1 Endurance).
VI. from V down-left 15 hexes, then 2 down: Merchant. He has 3 kind of book (*2 science, traps, pilot) for starters.
VII.from VI two up, 8 to the right: Trader. 150*5.56 ammo (one more magazine for avanger minigun).
Back to Bunker Alpha to save: 2 up, then straight up-right to Bunker Alpha. During this last course at the 2nd hex keep the upper part to avoid Komodo Man, down at 4th to avoid Deathclaw Liberation, down at 7th to avoid Pitch Black.

-----------

Freeport

Having my guide from before helped

Consumed stuff:
- 1 use of doctor's bag by Stitch. Ok, this is just bending the rules - I mean my own rules. See, A's hand got crippled, and while kicking myself through the game would have been a way probably, I just did not wanned to pry that way. And my own skill is negligeable.
- 7 stimpacks. Well, after the Still I just did not need any healing.
- 1 buffout. Roaming the Still was just safer this way. Also, the boss in the locked building had AK47. He went down smoother with the risen stats.
- 2 burst of 5.56 to destroy the Still. Well, even the first round killed the raiders around it, but I can not control things that good in this :P
- 2 incindenary grenade
- 4 molotov cocktail

preparing next mission:
- buying 1 impact gloves

Rock Falls

Wearing the Brahmin Armor this time ment a lot.

Consumed Stuff:
- 14 stimpack
- 5*first aid (by Stitch)
- 2*doctor (by Stitch)
- 1 meat pie
- 1 afterburner gum (at beginning of mission)
- 1 buffout (when entering Daisy's house)
- 1 voodoo (when entering Daisy's room)

Last edited by twillight; 21-06-2017 at 10:15 AM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 22-06-2017, 09:05 AM   #197
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Falout Tactics Though Guy playthrough Bunker Beta

First, here is the Random Encounter Map: http://i.imgur.com/XBse4Yq.jpg

Macomb:

Consumed stuff:

super stimpack: 2
stimpack: 17
first aid: 2 (by stitch)
voodoo: 1
molotov cocktail: 17 (mostly blowing up barricades - I missed a lot)
acid grenade: 3
repair: 7 (by stitch)
5.56 ammo: 360 (I'm left with 30)
shotgun shells: ca. 20

Preoria:

Do NOT try to overdose turrets with buffout! It won't work!

Consumed stuff
:
super stimpack: 3
stimpack: 2
first aid: 3 (by stitch)
doctor: 4 (by stitch)
afterburner gum: 8 (used on surface turret)
psycho: 3 (used on surface turret)
trauma pack: 1 (at roach-king)
rad-X: 1
bug-on-the-shell: 1
antidote: 12
punch gun (ca. 100), power fist (ca. 15)

Don't ask the age of the char. It came with the altered file, and I did not pay attention to it. It doesn't matter anyway.

Preparing for next mission:
- buying allavailable 5.56 ammo in the bunker
- stealing small energy cells fr5om everyone in the bunker

Quincy:

Tips:
- the alarms outside the town hall seems to do nothing after the main sirenis disabled. This went on my nerves, went to see if the daughter can be saved, and turned out there was no reaction on the inside of the building.
- with 2 causalities in the brothel still got positive comments from the employees there, so I assume that's ok. Well, actually the success might depend on how many are alive WHEN you kill the 3 beastlord within the building, not when the mission ends. Your reward for successfully making it is 400 exp.
- I considered Psychotic as perk. Turned out it only applies to normal damage, and as your armor and natural resistance gives 50% base resistance to that anyway, this perk is pointless. Potentially awesome for a multiplayer match as you don't have to buy an armor this way, but for normal gameplay it is pointless as with your armor and psycho normal dose you'llhave 100% normal damage resistance anyway!
- in the Ghoul Town the attack initiated by your visit, NOT your talk with the leader!

Step-by-step manual:
- arrive at night. Eat an afterburner.
- talk with the NPC, make Stitch run to the factory, you climb the mayor's house stealthed. Step front of the alarm inside blocking the way, appear, kill the stupid leader (power fist), talk with mayor, stealth to the roof, disable siren (1600 exp).
If you later still have enough resources and want to clear the building, climb back this way and start with the baby deathclaws (one can only reach you if you stand on the stairs).
- go to factory. Stealth, go down. Do not disable light. When you see leader patrolling go after her/run when noticed. Kill her with power fist. RUN to just the other side of the sandbags switching minigun on the way (80% big guns here). First burst kills both enemy, run down to the front of the sandbags, punch the enemy to death, also the other. This worth 800 exp. If you disarm the two remote detonator you get another 200 quest exp. Eat an afterburner.
- go to city hall. Kill things in the front at your leasure. It worthstealthing, but the alarms have no consequence actually. Kill the guy at the front, also the patrol with the three dogs on the other side.
- go to the "west" side of the brothel. Watch the patrol starting to walk towards you, and stealth to the door your side. Count until ... 10-14 seconds pass and walk to the nearest enemy, punch it to death. Run in a little, and adjust to the two melee enemy inside. Kill the pistol-one inside, than the patrol outside - if it is at the window, use minigun. Stealth out and kill the passive one on the east. Eat a mentat.
- Stealth inside the city hall on the left crawling, break alarm. Get to inner room, punch the sleepers to death. Stealth-crawl back to the front gate, and from that direction put the beastman between you and the deathclaw (ca. atthe edge of the light). Start minigunning.
- go down to infiltrate the prison. Climb up stealthed, get along the wall so not noticed. When you see the patrol going away go and break the alarm, and step a half step away from the corner. The patrol will make himself punched to death. Go up stealthed, go directly to the boss. If noticed asap run there, kill him,then run to the sandbags minigunning the two there. Switch the minigun to superstimpack and use it on the local hero. Punch the enemy to death in the towers.
- go towards the Ghoul Town. DO NOT ENTER AT ALL COST! I dunno if the mob is teleported outside or what then. Just go around, get to the enemy farm's fance - a little farther, so deathclaws can't reach you at all! Whait until the dogs start running and start the mayhem: minigun everyone down (have 100% big guns). The deathclaws are Death Incarnate otherwise (they shred through your armor like it's not there).
I have no idea wther getting the speech(es) from the ghoul leader have any merrit, but duh. I've finally done this!

Consumed stuff:
- doctor's bag (by Stitch)
- first aid kit (by Stitch)
- stimpack
- superstimpack: 2-3
- afterburner gum: 2
- mentat: 1
- some food in spite of stimpack
- power fist
- avenger minigun (remaining ammo: 10)

PS: I'm holding my perks. Supermutants gain a perk every four level, so I'll get though hide on lvl 12 and bonus rate of fire at lvl 15.
Actually, I made a list of the "useful" perks to be sure. Man, most of the perks are totally useless in this game for one reason or another.

Good perks:
- supermutants: steady arm, though hide (race-specific toughness perk)
- ghouls: cancerouth growth might occasionally make conditions goaway w/o doctor's bag, making it ok choice for a SOLO ghoul.
- deathclaws: brutish hulk (deathclaws can't wear armor, so ever yHP helps), hide of scars (race-specific toughness perk)
- party: tag! (toadd big guns/energy weapons), mutate! (if they have no trait at all you can give them this way), gain stat (many times they just lack that one point), awareness (not good enough for protagonist, but otherwise very useful), bracing (in case of not enough STR for big guns), weapon handling (incase of not enough STR), action boy (if you can't come up w anything else)
- turn based playing style before patch: flexible
- if playing with a full party: leader, team player
- generally good skills (in order of usefullness): bonus rate of fire, bonus ranged damage, sharpshooter, loner, toughness, more criticals, better criticals, lifegiver
- a pure melee character would probably die soon, but it'd likely demand at least: slayer, silent death, silent running, bonus HtH attack, bonus HtH damage*3, more criticals*3, better criticals - of course this is not possible under normal circumstances, so likely would also include Divine Favour and a ton of wasteland-roaming. Maybe with an edited character could be fun for an hour, but I've learnt through my deathclaw, that nah.

Mardin:

The starting was tough, but managed to lob the CAWSer with molotovs, and from there itwas manageable. Mostly. Keep in mind your superstimpacks.

Consumed stuff:
- rad X: 2
- rad away (could have been prevented by eating radX early)
- stimpack and food
- super stimpack (ca. 3-5)
- first aid (by stitch)
- doctor's bag (by stitch)
- molotov cocktail (1 remaining)
- psycho: 1
- antidote (ca. 5)
- impact gloves
- punch gun (this and impact gloves used primaly lacking resources otherwise)
- power fist (small deathclaws, Emperor Darr, though situations)
- razor claws

Springfield:

Last edited by twillight; 23-06-2017 at 01:47 PM.
Old 24-06-2017, 11:46 AM   #198
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Falout Tactics Though Guy playthrough Bunker Gamma

St. Louise:

Doing it in 3 passes:
#1: the main quest, and all surface-area. Consumed stuff: first aid (bystitch), repair, avenger minigun (stole General'sammo before leaving), incineration grenade (ca. 5), SAW minigun, rocket launcher (on armored mutants).
Because the mutant with Browning in the northern tunnels was standing, I had to eliminate him, and with that decided to clear everything outside the tunnels. The APC served well as shield.

#2: clearing the tunnels: Consumed stuff: saw, rocket launcher.
#3: clearing the mutant base (after Springfield, gained lvl 13 here): Consumed Stuff: 1 buffout, 1 mentat, 1 voodoo (could be trauma pack, forgot), saw (2-300 ammo. Can find more during the task), rocket launcher (used up all 8 rockets I had, wish I had more), frag grenade (ca. 20), browning (4 bursts), lockpick + advanced lockpick (there's a locked chest on the bottom left corner along the ooze-tunnel), super stimpack, stimpack

Springfield:

Jefferson:

After this in the desert had to kill somestuff, because driving 2 cars was problematic.

Consumed stuff:
- stimpack + food
- first aid (by stitch)
- boom bugs (2*3, to destroy generators)
- power fist (ca. 3 full charge, to destroy turrets)
- saw (on unarmored and "almost dead" enemies)
- browning (980 ammo left + 100 uranium)
- rocket launcher (1 rocket left)
- repair kits

Kansas City:

Preparation:
- Just realised I've learnt the Small Guns books. Darn. Would have beenadvantageous to stitch now.
- Stitch will guard the north gate, so giving him something to defend himself. Also will wear environmental armour.
- Will use these drugs at arrival: 2 mutie, 1 mentat, 1 afterburner, 1 psycho to be able to carry around all my stuff.

NOTES:
- sometimes opening a chest or killing a certain enemy gives oddly high amount of exp. Here for example a supermutant gave 7K. Another on the other hand gave 30. I call Bad Programming.
- read through all the battle-logs, and 5 ghoul losses I've counted.
- initially I've tried giving Stitch the XL70E3. With terrible result. Made him a big gunner. Providing character screen on picture.
- put Stitch outside the sandbags to avoid ghoul causalities there.
- do NOT leave the southgate until "objective complete"!

Consumed stuff:
- browning (380 bullet left)
- saw (on some unarmored muties)
- rocket launcher: 1 (I had this rocket left over from the previous missions)
- mutie: 2
- afterburner: 1
- super stimpack
- stimpack

Osceola:

Consumed stuff:
- SAW
- browning
- rocket launcher (all rockets from previous missions, used against armored mutants)
- grenades (only at the south gate I managed this time. Neither the west or east gate works, nor could drop on the head of the four mutants running up-and-down within the compund's fence )
- boom bug (to blow up the gas chamber)
- super stimpack
- stimpack
- foods (I got bored carrying them around)

Last edited by twillight; 25-06-2017 at 06:44 PM.
Old 25-06-2017, 10:08 PM   #199
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Falout Tactics Though Guy playthrough Bunker Delta

Junction City:

Preparation: hire Pump fora second, and take his armor.
NOTE: there is a bug which seems to be related to leather/metal armor mark II and their mutant wariants (ghoul, spiked supermutant, maybe reaver too). Enviromental and power armor seems uneffected. I'll keep watching my stats, and try prevent the bug (which made me terminate my playthrough last time) by not wearing the spiked armor while entering/leaving any mission.

NOTE: to prevent reavers entering the city not started to collect parts immediatelly. During my fight the enforcers (city guards) ran ahead making themselves killed. This could not be prevented, and has no consequences.

Consumed stuff:
- SAW
- browning (2-3 bursts inside the reaver HQ just to be safe)
- power fist (against the giant rats inside the tunnel)
- super stimpack
- stimpack
- foods
- first aid (from now on I make my own patches)

Coldwater:

TIP: on every level walk around the edge to see if you can "reach" enemy on the next level. If you can - shoot it!
Also, at the final building try positioning at the first window(s). The texture is faulty there, and you can shoot down the boss,and at least 2 of his lackeys! Unfortunatelly not the rocket launcher guy. Man, I hate that!

Consumed stuff:
- SAW
- rocket launcher (explosive rocket. 1 at each "group patrolling the corridor" encounter, that makes 2)
- browning (at the stairs from lvl 3 to lvl 4, at the sandbags of the last building, against all power armor boss, against the rocketeer)
- grenade: 1+ (at last house' entrance sandbags 'cause the enemy did not stand up, so needed to activate him. Did not react when not hitting him, that's why not simply 1. Oh, from the two the upper one is more dangerous, only he has browning!)
- first aid
- stimpack
- food
- super stimpack: 2
- lockpick
- doctor's bag: ca. 5 times, by stitch

Great Band:

Hm. After beating this next to Coldwater, I somehow fell back like I never did Coldwater. Seems a bug. Have to do this again. Some other day.

Consumed:
- SAW (occasional killing shot)
- browning
- frag grenade: ca.100
- boom bugs: ca. 10 (to blow up barricades)
- first aid
- stimpack
- food
- lockpick
- doctor's bag (by Stitch)

Newton:

Well, robots. Mostly straight out stuff, although there are some dangerous spots,especially if you want to destroy everything, like the 2 robots crouching on that corridor at the #1 building.
Also, as there are scurry bots (the crab-like things): do not try to fight them unarmed, unless there is only 1 remaining, and you already hit it with the browning.
The #2 building canbe conquered without any fight (ok, there's a scurry bot on the roof).
Do NOT climb around with a supermutant in the junkyard!
Do NOT try to grenade those tankbots, they are too fast. Use rocket launcher.

Consumed:
- browning
- rocket (whenever there is clear path between you and the robot, and the reobot is not a rocket-bot)
- power fist
- stimpack
- super stimpack
- lockpick
- first aid
- doctor (by stitch)

Last edited by twillight; 02-07-2017 at 12:01 AM.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:31 AM   #200
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Falout Tactics Though Guy playthrough Bunker Epsilon

Canyon City:

As far as I can remember this level likes to crash if you leave #5-6 for last, so first clear the robots in the alley near the start, then get to the long underground tunnel - this is doubly important, because for some Strange Coding the turret here becomes active if you descend from above (from the building of #5-6) and can be beaten to death if you arrive from the tunnel.
There are many scurry bots. The level also contains masisve amunt of rocket ammo, but no rocket launcher. Bring one and use it happily.
The problem is the .50 caliber ammo (of browning), as youcan practically find here none of those, so bring a LOT.

Consumed stuff:
- browning: ca. 1200
- rockets: as many times possible (dunno, 50 maybe)
- frag grenade: ca. 100
- flash grenade: 10-20 (used to check if I can hit robots beyond wall - hits for nothing but at least there's no risk killing myself, also is cheap thus affordable. Any other now-useless grenade can replace this, eg. incindenary grenade, molotov coctail)
- power fist: ca. 5*40. Use this to preserve ammo when destroying disabled turrets. All turrets can be disabled (on the turret in the tunnel check above)
- stimpack
- super stimpack
- first aid
- doctor (by stitch, although I could probably afford this now)
- remote detonator: 6*2 (to destroy the power nods. Probably good idea to stand at #2 when you detonate because there only 1 can be placed correctly)
- lockpick

Buena Vista:

At the start there is a hole in the fence, 2 bots coming through. Deal with that nuisance before anything else.
When you reach the main gate to survive drug up, step in, RUN out, start shooting.
It is extremely important to use the rocket launcher to spare on the browning.
You need to use science! Use up all the science books!

Btw, reached clvl 24. This if I'm correct w/o though guy happens during the very last mission. Still feels forced though.

Preparation:
if you went in the mutant HQ of St. Louise bring the .50 DU ammo! That's your best chance when going through the complex's gate.
Also might be clever to bring sabot rockets because of the behemot-behind-the-fence.

Consumed stuff:
- browning: ca. 1200 ammo (900 left, plus whatever the shop offers) + ca. 75 DU (left enough for 2 bursts)
- rocket launcher: ca. 100, maybe more
- power fist: ca. 200 (to beat power nodes offline)
- afterburner: 1
- buffout: 1
- stimpack
- super stimpack
- first aid
- (doctor's bag by stitch - I did not actually got hurt this way, but let's mention it)

Scott City:

This map is friggin HUGH. Takes 3-4 hours to finish. It is alsovery straightforvard. Do not try to use backdoors, sniping positions or other such things. Go full frontal. Oh, and do NO try to shoot the turrets on the roof from the room with the General's body - you'll die 100% of the time that way. Before you ask, the turrets can NOT be disabled.
Also as the map is hugh, better invest into doctor skill to avoid the need to crawl back all the way to stitch.
The footlocker in the hidden room is trapped, but can not be opened by any means.
The house in the junkyard can only be opened by the key from the ghoul prisoner's cell.

NOTE: I think the alarms on the map can cause these prisoners die. If the robots there are killed and the prisoners liberated, it doesn't matter anymore if they activate it. The place with the lock should be avoided though until you destroy the behemoth on the other side of the fence.
EDIT: Nope. The prisoners just get killed randomly. If Sebastian dies only, than none cares. The others worth exp, and likely karma.
On Sebastian: he'll initially talkto you, than you can unlock his cell, and talk with him. If you talk to him the 2nd time after unlocking the cell he'll run ahead and die without achieving anything, Ye, he's totally useless

Behemots have low range, and are slower even than a supermutant, so get back constantly, refuel your AP and use rockets if possible. Also use their hugh size to make them stuck.
Bring your remaining .50 DU to deal with the gauss miniguner.
You'll find some poison stuff here. Use it, or some explosives (can also be found) to kill the merchant and not loose karma.

The most annoying thing are the hoverbots which shoot rockets, from very far, and come in group. So you can't shoot them down, and it is enough if only 1 rocket hits you, and it is blowing up.
So I ate some drugs the last try, maybe they helped, maybe it was just RL-luck.

Consumed stuff:
- psycho: 2*1 (first dose ran out)
- buffout: 2*1 (first dose ran out)
- rocket launcher: shall be primary weapon. Bring ALL your ammo! Used ca. 250.
- browning: at tight spots, especially too-close appearing scurry bots, or robots on another level (your rocket can't pass the fence). Use DU against gauss rifle bot (1 burts = 15 ammo. Usually one other thing'll be in the way, make it 2 bursts = 30 ammo. I'm left at this point with 16 DU). Normal ammo used: 300-500.
- stimpack (a LOT. ca. 50)
- super stimpack (5-15)
- ultra stimpack (2-5)
- first aid
- doctor's bag (by me)
- lockpick
- poison: 1 (use explosive if merchant don't die)

As this was the last-but-one mission (no more returning to base), I present you the char-sheet of Stitch. Including kill-count (it is from defending the ghoul-town).

Calculator:

Phase #1:
- watch out the health of the vehicle because of mines (do not roam mindlessly)
- kill the two bots in the bunker with electric grenade (1 each)
- kill the pacification bot and the behemoth with rocket launcher. For the behemot climb the rocks first (it can't shoot upward)
- make the 3 hoverbot empty on the vehicle when otherwise safe (at the start of the bridge it'll do)
- progress VERY SLOWLY at the "stone fence" (you'll know). There is a multitude, you want to dispose the gauss-bot for the ammo, and you'll have to switch 33% agressive to dispose the bot launching grenades on the top of the cliff
- bring with you to the next phase: doctor's bags, electric grenades, plasma grenades, .50 ammo, rockets + rocket launcher, lockpick, gauss minigin + gauss ammo

Used stuff:
- electric grenade: 2
- rockets: ca. 30 (use up all non-explosive ammo first to shorten inventory)
- browning: ca. 1500
- first aid
- doctor's bag
- repair kit

Phase #2:
- buy electric grenades and gauss ammo from BoS
- when open door your active slot should be electric grenades. Throw 2, then switch to browning with .50 DU
- when opening doors your active slot has to be gauss minigun
- on the up-down corridor behind the armory is a tank bot. Dispose all robots on the siderooms, and escaping to those kill the tankbot with rockets (3 electric one is in a locked locker there too)
- the room after the armory (but before you can enter the armory is DEATHTRAP. First: load lifters try to die at the door which is #&@! Second, it is full of vindicatorbots, which if roll a negate-armor-critical are #&@. So use the gauss. No, you can't use anything else because of all the miniwalls (with enough enemy killed you can go around and use rockets even - if you get to that point that is).
- there is a locked room at the cryogenic part. DO NOT OPEN IT. It is heavily guarded, and has nothing inside aside a bunch of .50 ammo which you'll get anyway in the first room of the generator quarter!

Consumed stuff:
- food: all (to shorten inventory)
- stimpack
- super stimpack
- ultra stimpack
- rocket (all)
- browning
- gauss minigun
- lockpick
- electric grenade

Phase #3:
- bring 5+3*2 plastic to blow up the brains as minimum. Grenades work too if you have left any. Remote detonator traps do not work. No info on dinamite.

Consumed stuff:
- plastic (see above)
- gauss minigun (ammo left: ca. 300)
- super stimpack
- stimpack
- mutie: 1
- fuision coke: 1

Last edited by twillight; 08-07-2017 at 12:58 PM.