Default DLC Quest

You can't have more gold than me:

Old 05-07-2015, 04:36 PM   #172
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking philosophy and yoga

Dear twillight,
Would be so kind answer me the next 2 question, slightly philosophical?
Thank You very much:
1-What can change the nature of a man?
2-Why some persons like Yr humble slave believe in God, till others like … not?
Again my sincere thanks for Your time and help.
To compensate You let inform You that:
Realization of Fallout 4 will start this October.
One secret for You only:
There will be a dog who will help the hero.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:04 AM   #173
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
Dear twillight,
Would be so kind answer me the next 2 question, slightly philosophical?
Thank You very much:
1-What can change the nature of a man?
2-Why some persons like Yr humble slave believe in God, till others like … not?
Again my sincere thanks for Your time and help.
Dunno how it helps, but as you insist...

1) I pretty much agree on what Planescape says. Or nothing.

2) religion is a persisting bronze-age cultural phenomena.
Its persistence comes from a multitude of reasons:
- threatening unbelievers with death
- causing psychological damage to young ones
- segregation from everyone else
- promising to answer The Big Questions
and so on.
Others find enough doubt, realism, self-trust and chance to live outside the cult to no longer fall for the con-mans.

If sy gets offended by the above, I don't care.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:56 AM   #174
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
Dunno how it helps, but as you insist...

1) I pretty much agree on what Planescape says. Or nothing.

2) religion is a persisting bronze-age cultural phenomena.
Its persistence comes from a multitude of reasons:
- threatening unbelievers with death
- causing psychological damage to young ones
- segregation from everyone else
- promising to answer The Big Questions
and so on.
Others find enough doubt, realism, self-trust and chance to live outside the cult to no longer fall for the con-mans.

If sy gets offended by the above, I don't care.
Offended, me?
You do not know me, dear twillight.
Vey sad.
First, i respect You so much to be offended by real Wizard.
Second, i am jester-like person, but trust me good one.
Third, seriosly, i respect everyones right to speak/defend his political/religios believs.

I was really offended first time only when one forum member told me:
- yoga, y"re cheating in that game..
No, no i will never tell You who was. He knows.
And second time when other member told me:
- yoga, y"re real idiot.
Because i did experimet with my security, being without antivirus program about six years. I swear in my mam and dad that during this test period NO one friend, relative or client was virused by me..
Now?
I do have 2 antivirus programs: Stopzilla and Malwarebytes
Old 07-07-2015, 08:03 PM   #175
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
Offended, me?
You do not know me, dear twillight.
No, not you. But this is an open forum-page.
Old 09-07-2015, 04:19 PM   #176
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Twillight after his 1000-th game

Pst!!......
Tired and go to sleep.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gamer.jpg (43.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 29-08-2015, 11:36 PM   #177
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Fallout Tactics solo though guy guide

Decided to do Fallout Tactics again this time with a single SuperMutant protagonist as fighter in though-guy mode (no saving during missions).
Used the game's own editor to fix the SM-char in "races mod" (its only function to allow you play non-human races in the single player campaign).

Starting stats: 9 strength (to carry around Browning) / 6 perception (machineguns don't need more) / 4 endurance (oh well) / 1 charisma (who needs company?) / 6 int (still ca. the same skills as a gifted char with 9 int) / 8 agility (7 minimum for perk, and the extra point helps until bug guns appear) / 6 luck
Traits: Ham Fisted (bonus tag), Fast Shot
Tags: big guns (prime weapon), unarmed (until big guns are available), sneak (bullets hurt), steal (the general has the first available big gun and a small amount of ammo too)
Throwing will also be a skill on the "do not forget" list, although during mission1 it is entirely useless (and will be like that until being able to invest into it heavily).

First mission: the people with shotguns are dangerous, as well as crowds. Healing stuff is plenty and Stitch is with you too. Do not make your company killed: Stitch should stay with you to make inventory-management easy, and Farsight can open some locks until you find spare skillpoints. Mission 3 will have a notoriously "come back later for it" safe anyway, so likely I'll keep her around until that.

---

Arriving back to the bunker lets you save finally. Clvl: 3. With steal 80% you can steal General Barnaky's weapon with one barrel of ammo (for a long time you'll have no more, so just keep it somewhere).

You can go to hunt special encounters, I suggest to do so. Here are the notable ones:
- Brahmin Poker: lots of money. As stealing make people hostile, you won't actually steal outside the bunker as Though Guy, so better be prepared.
- Hermit: aside the junk-items he has an Outdoorsman book.
- Farmer: he has 1 .50 cal DU. Still, ammo is ammo.
- Gas Station: the most important one, gives 1 Endurance
- Trader (actually merchant is in the location but whatever): skillbooks and some plasma granade. The guards have pancor jackhammers to steal (not relevnat for me, but nice).
- Trader (in this location is the merchant, but whatever): rocket launcher (no ammo), 150 5.56 cal, avenger minigun (same as General Barnaky, uses 5.56 ammo)
It is best to do the encounters in twos. Also, you can leave the trader/merchant pair until you gain your first vehicle.
- Brahmin Armour: while this armor transforms a human into an useless brahmin it does not so with the other races. Gaining it is tricky though 'cause the turrets here fire deadly precise high damage at you. To get this as ThoughGuy you either have to save after dealing with every turret (means a trip back to the bunker each time), or arrive here at night, and snake to the dead brahmin after the initial cannon self-destroys.

But time to invest some into sneaking!

----------

Mission 2:
Possibly my least favourite mission for being frustrating. It demands 70% stealth to be effective, so have that - remember though guys can't save during missions.
First run to the bottom right corner and kill the sleeping raider, get the stuff, pass the ditch here, stealth to the allied raider if possible, steal its psycho if you want (at least try, restart if no success), than fight the three guys buzzing around. Beware, do not follow them around mindlessly because they like to run away attracting unwanted attention.
If you don't suffer an unlucky critical continue north - not stealthing. Go until you can speak with the prisoner, switch back to stealth. Cautiously disarm the alarm here, and wait the guard to come around further east to kill it.
Go to the north edge, crouch, pass to the locked building with the sleeping sub-boss raider. Stealth around until you can break the alarm, turn off stealth, lure the walking guards in the middle to you one by one.
HEAL, than go back to the prisoner's house. There is a second guard walking around nearby in a fixed route with a shotgun. Let's hope you don't roll minimum damage and he don't roll a critical - than he'll be down.
Further down there are 2 raiders at the south side of a tent - dispose them. Go in the bottommost tent on the right and punch these guys too (they are sleeping).
Go to the middle tent on the right. Pull out an incindenary granade to kill these two guys fast (sleeping), because AK47 hurts and could kill you otherwise.
Go into the top left tent, and use your second incindenary granade to kill these two sleepers - again an AK47.
Still not allowed to consume any Healing Powder, but heal up (, possibly take a buffout), go back to the start and kill the guards outside the complex. Beware to separate them as much as possible, 'cause two have hunting rifle, and that can damage you. Heal up. Run in to the still and kill the easy targets - still using only your fists. There's an AK47 guy along the destiller, so I hope you brought your avenger minigun! Aim the destiller, and hope the explosion kills primaly the AK47 guy. 1-2 burts should be enough, do not waste bullet! Dispose the remaining opposition here.
Clean the complex. Beware the bottom left tent, there the sleepers are not next to each other, and the further one has an AK47. Possibly try to throw on it your 3 molotov cocktail to kill/soften the situation. After all AK47s are dead, feel free to use Healing Powder.
Lastly, there are two guys sleeping the middle of the complex. The one on the left side has a pistol. If he manages to shoot any, that'll awake all sleeper in the compound. I simply avoided him as long as possible.

As this mission took a large amount of my thin supply I went to the trader/merchant encounters to have stuff. Impact gloves also appeared in the BoS shop, which is one of the few unarmed weapon better than a SuperMutant's bare fist.

--------

Mission 3:
The problem here is, everyone walks around with AK47 and you barely have anything.
Rise your throwing skill to 40+ because for unknown reason at the same distance here and in mission 1 my aim is 33% whil in mission 2 was 70. Bladder.
As a solo supermutant (NOTE: ghouls can buy a ghoul armor from Bazaar Day encunter) you lack everything yet bring TONS of healing stuff, and dare use drugs! Do NOT touch the mines, and if you even suspect someone has AK47 stand far away and let it burst until he runs out of ammo and only shoots single bullets.
Also because lacking HP and granades don't pass walls skip certain enemies! There's no punishment for it, and the minor amount of exp isn't relevant. The guys in the tunnel on the left side and others up on the wall are examples.
The highest risk here is the front gate, where frontal assault IS suicidal, but you STILL have to do it. I suggest going from the right to the guy nearest the gate as he has AK47 and hope your incineration granades will hit. Than run away separating the horde. That's my best advice.
The most dangerous boss (aside the final is Daisy because the three unit there hit hard, so have enough HP (and eat a voodoo), ok? Against Bo you can't do anything aside hoping he won't blow you up with his granades.
For the final boss I say consume the psycho you stole and flash granades after running round the room.

In the bunker gamble away all stuff from the mechanic, and maybe steal some super stimpacks from the random guys around, than move the next bunker where gamble away all equipment from everyone (the guy at the medic never let me succeed, but I could rob him blind except his money), and as Barnaky got refreshment steal his new dose of ammo (no wonder he'll be captured, I stole his ammo, lol).
Get rid of Farsight, there'll be no unfair locks anymore, and if there would, there's always Stitch.

EDIT: Almost forgot: Power Fist is available in the shop. While it consumes ammo - which is easily accessible from a special encounter -, it is the most damaging unarmed weapon still, so buy it. Seems there won't be Big Guns until St. Luis, which is also reason to risk Macomb first for the infinite inventory car. Bring there all your weapons and repair kits!
NOTE: Preoria with a single character is impossible to be done for best result, which hurts both rank and karma. The mission can be completed solo, but all the tribe would be killed, which also means no extra power cell. I won't go that much hardcore now.
Strickt solo play would also strip you from collecting the vehicles, because unlike in F2 there isn't a "vehicle here" sign on the map if you leave a vehicle at a random position. And collecting the loot also takes immense time in comparsion. So just have one extra recruit I say. It doesn't have to do anything aside being a mule, but it is a big relief.
Oh, and clvl 6 now.

Last edited by twillight; 19-06-2017 at 12:30 PM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 31-08-2015, 01:53 PM   #178
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Macomb:
It is not exactly hard, but like a rogue-game has occasional death-locations.
Suggested stats: 60% Big Guns, 50% throwing, 70% repair (as the game does not offer until now or made available from random encounters repair books let Stitch repair. You COULD repair yourself, there's enough tools for it, but nah).

Arrive AT DAWN. It is crucial you can be seen!

First stealth along the northern edge to the building on your right to kill two guys and open the first gate. Go out, climb up, and kill the guy on the roof, than RUN down.
Stealth to the Bowling room and wait until you see a silouette, than start the mayhem. Stealth out and go amongst the wrecked cars to lure there the dogs. One will only be able to get to you, so use piston gloves to spare ammo (I don't think you absolutely need this, but hey, it's fun!). If the raiders across the street on the rooftops don't harass yu catch their attention and far enough to not get hurt crouch until all four stop bursting, than run away.
Patch yourself up seriously, than stealth across Bowlarama to the ladder on its other side. Take a voodoo, than climb the ladder. This is a big and serious fight against many enemies, so here are the rules: only approach a raider if your AP-bar is full (even with power fist you need 2-3 hit to kill an enemy). If your AP-bar is not full, just stand around and watch your HP. If ca. half your HP is lost, eat a super stimpack! This is a very important part. All these raiders have AK47 (now only single shot) but one has a shotgun (on the first roof, kill him fast!).
As the drug is in your system do not stop for a moment! Make Stitch drive through the car on the first gate, while you go there too and pack down the loot. Approach the other side of the roof stealthed from the north through the building and climb the ladder. If you despite this are bursted down go to the street and let them shoot until they have ammo to burst. If you came from the middle of the building though, this is unlikely. Run to the first guy for kill (usually he's passive) than the second guy. The third guy will be easy again.
Let the Hungry Raider make his speech and die, open the next gate, get in the car, grabbing molotov coctails in your free hand. Enter a bit so the rocketeer can waste his TWO rockets. Let the granade-man notice you, than drive there as fast as possible in agressive and let the coctails (you have 4, will likely all go) defeat him. Jump out and kill the rest with fist. Take note that the granadier's body can not be looted by a SuperMutant because the walls are too close to each other.
Now comes a very dangerous situation as there are 3 AK47 raider on the left (after the 3rd gate). Make the rightmost waste ammo from far away, than you can't do anything else but jump in. Kill the rightmost guy, eat a super stimpack if you're still alive (good chance). Kill the leftmost guy, than the last.
The next building is owned by a civilian, no need to kill him (BoS needs slaves!). Still run in and loot the fridge.
Go to the big building Avenger minigun in the right hand. Kill the three guy in the hall (no problem) and possibly the civilian on the street (unavoidable, but as he's pathetic, use the piston gloves). The courtroom is a deathtrap walking blocked everywhere, so minigun in hand enter - shoot until guy on the left is dead- some more steps - the guy from the right come running shall be dead - run to the pedestal for the third guy. If you're lucky 3 burst will do it, but DO NOT SPARE HERE. It is a deathtrap!
Around this time your voodoo will expire. If it holds let the citizens from the rootop throw things at you until it lasts, or if not and you're in a hurry jump in the car and camp with it.
Wait until you regain your stats, then pass the next gate (still on foot of course). Kill the immediate raiders on the left, then we'll bother with the mine-field on the right.
Pick up the unarmed mine just to have it, than drive the car on the mines to "disarm" them. Only use one side of the road, so you only have to blow two mines. DO NOT LET THE CAR GET WRECKED, it is (unfortunately) objective to keep it in one piece. The max HP of it is 200, try to fix it near that. Walk on foot towards the next building and camp crouched until the raiders on the rooftop run out of all ammo. Yes, they can't even singleshot, that'd be death itself.

Now comes a most problematic part. Enemy comes from both left and right, they like to run around, and both guy from the east/north/right side house has granades (for any reason usually only one comes out if they start to come out)! While you do have enough HP now to suffer some AK47 burst even, granades are oneshot. I suggest minigunning the throwers right after the rooftop-team runs out of ammo, then clearing the rest the best you can.
After this is solved the second party-member comes useful, because (s)he can attract attention, making it possible for you to enter sneak mode.

After the second set of dogs of this map there are only civilians in the buildings until the gate.
There is also a civil in the building you can climb up to kill and loot the rooftop-raiders, and some are in the cemetery.
You CAN kill the raider standing at the bottom of the rooftop-team's stairs without the civilians taking notice, although it isn't relevant, because these three and the above WILL be attracted to the fights, which stes civilian victims number minimum 5.
If you get spotted by the civilians you CAN run away, hop into the car and drive away fast speed (press shift for extra speed if I'm correct). Coming to the car: with almost no pilot skill you can only drive the car forward. After reading the pilot books until now (2 if I'm correct) I could also go backward. In case anyone actually cares what this skill does.
But comparing my result with others' killing the entire town doesn't seem to make any difference. Not that the civils would have anything good, or deal mighty exp (likely removed quest/condition).

To not die at the very end sneak/run to the south house and start the mayhem from there (otherwise everyone will run onto you what is bad). It is outmost importance to kill the guy on the second floor of the building ASAP because he has granades, although god news is, he starts with puny acid granades.
Finally the rocketman: he has - again - TWO rockets. Do NOT climb to him until he fired TWO times. Also, he has a double barrel shotgun, so be fast after he ran out of rockets!

-------

Preoria:
This mission isn't such a big deal - if you stole the ten-pack antidote from the doc that is.
As mentioned before making the locals live demands a second character. If you go total solo, you'll loose promotion, recruits and quest exp as well as karma. Not that soloing would give you chance for the good ending, but still.
After the first gates on the right there's a crate a Supermutant can not loot being slower then the other races. Another reason to bring company.

EDIT: ok, I confess this wasn't went so smooth I'd like you to think. You can (I did) die several ways:
- being unlucky and get shot by laser turrets
- Roachor dealing out massive damage (it could destroy 50% of my HP undrugged). To be (more) safe eat a voodoo AND a trauma pack, AND hold in hand incineration granades (I had 2) + molotov coctail/other granades in the other hand. Watch out as regular cockroaches can steal hits (so kill the ones in the bottom please).
- with ca. 1:3 chance per try when you deactivate the inside turrets the outside turrets will kill one or more tribesman. This is the most frustrating thing ever (steals mission success) and you can't do anything against it.

NOTE: although the village elder "gambles" I could not win against him.

--------

Special Encounters:
By default they are marked to specific locations. There's a map about it.
Now if you get two encounter any time on the same special-encounter-grid things will be messed up. Some SEG will no longer allow encounters, some will allow up to 4 special encounters. And the encounters themselves don't go around just random: some is fixed to its original location (Bazaar Day), some will be relocated to a fixed new SEG, and some will appear in a fixed sequence. Beats me how they coded this.

--------

Mission 6 (Quincy):
If you did not do so, go for the brahmin armor! Also buy the 1,000 available 5.56 bullet from the Quatermaster (some also found in Preoria, bring those too). You'll need it. And even than you WON'T be able to succeed in most subquest. You have practically zero chance freeing up the brothel, and good chance to mess up each of the optional sidequests too. Crossing fingers.

#1 Freeing the major: arrive at night (between 20.00-00.00). Eat an afterburner gum. Stealth up on the side of the building, get in, break the alarm, kill the boss. Do NOT bother with the ground floor! Do not forget to disable the siren.
#2 The power plant: Have 70% big guns, eat an afterburner gum when you reach the building. Do NOT turn off the light. When you see the patrolling leader sneak out on her, kill her (with the regular power fist), run to the nearby two raiders barely crossing the sandbags and kill both with a single burst from your minigun. Run down, goaorund the sandbags standing between the raiders. Punch them to death. Disarm the Remote Mines (the rest "looks dangerous", and even this is a risk somewhat). W00t, you likely won without 0-1 causality!
#3 Sneak to the central building's north(?) wall. Wait until the patrolling raider turns back, then follow him and break the alarm. Climb the ladder there to avoid attention, and go in the building for cover. Wait until the raider on this level walks away from the alarm, and break it. Do NOT bother with the raider himself. When the raider down goes away descend and wait him, kill him. Wait until the other patrolling raider further south turns away, and "hurry" to disable the alarm. He'll notice you but it's too late for him - kill him after the alarm is broken. Eat an afterburner gum. Climb back on the mentioned ladder to kill the guard, then climb the roof to kill another one.
#4 Sneak to the western side of the brothel. This is why you ate so many drugs. Step in and kill the first raider, then run in the middle to dispose the two melee raider/beastmaster, than kill the one on the left, finally the one at the south window (you can reach it from indoors). Don't forget that there's a (fortunately passive) enemy on the east too. Let's hope some *****s are still breathing, but rly this is the best you can do. NOTE: seems the patrolling enemy can be killed without rising attention (I managed to lure him at the western corner). The pistol-guy behind the bar may duck and lkeave he "ladies" alone, so the major problem is only the two meleer, who focus on you if you get close enough. This way I managed once with a single causality.
#5 Go (sneak) back to central building, climb it, and descend through the stairs inside. Kill the guy at the door, than keep sneaking. The goal is to destroy the alarm inside. The deathclaw is a big challenge, my tip is Big Gun, although you should spare the bullets, as the major mayhem will happen in the ghoul district, for what maybe it'll be wise to wait until ingame-morning if you can afford the real time. Also, there you can get use of the remote-mines you liberated (and the T45 mine you got from Macomb).
Liberate the rest of the building.
#6 Let's free the town's local hero I say. Passing the tunnel is the first thing. Go up, kill the beastlord right there, nevermind the floor just go up. Here your snake automatically deactivates (dammit), so just run in to the leader and punch him to pulp. Run right to the sandbags and lay waste the couple there by minigun just to ensure victory. Deal with the remaining ones as you please because likely the rescue-await runs into safety.
#7 Time to free the ghoul quadrant. You can try setting traps if you want, but it is not mandatory. Talk to Eliot and run camping (standing position) to the entrance. When they are sufficiently close (like passed half the initial distance) hit agressive (oh, yeah, deactivate agressive mode before starting the fight!) and hope noone will cripple you on the arms, eyes or head. The deathclaws WILL reach you and make you fall a couple of times but with your killing speed and the help of the ghouls hopefully you'll be ok. One of the adult deathclaw even ran away from me in fear and had to hunt it down! Switch to power fist and kill the leftover beastmen on the ranch to free the captive ghoul, and voila, this mission is complete too! <--- THIS IS BS! DO NOT TRY IT!
#7 If you were darn lucky until now like me, do NOT WASTE A PERFECT MISSION! Let the remaining enemies to themselves, and GO BACK TO BASE FOR SAVE! You can come back later if you really miss messing with deathclaws for items you won't be able to use anyway (the metal armor mark 2 in the church).

Last edited by twillight; 23-06-2017 at 06:27 AM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 02-09-2015, 04:56 PM   #179
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Mardin:
This is a frustratingly hard mission for still not having access to anything basic, slowly running out of doctor kits (I wish during the previous missions not used them to remove bandaged status!), and there are a zillion monsters to fight! I can hardly think what'll await in Springfield...
But first arrive here. That's very-very hard because the welcoming cometee is hugh, and even starts with 2 shotgun-shots in yo' head. You can die even just from that, but than you must minigun down the crew in the way the initial grneadier/s will die for f* sake or you are dead as a kitten. Consuming a super stimpack in the middle of a crowd is also a great achievement, so let's hope you won't need that.
If that's done, you must find the second grenadier which ran away most likely and kill it without drawing attention, as well as the other guy patrolling in the middle with 2 small cockroaches (there's also a scorpion, but that's rly a minor issue).
Third move left on the bottom and let the wasps attack you (their beatmen won't notice you if you do it cautiosly). Oh ye, practically never can you sneaking as everyone will notice you, and they go in groups anyway. The wasps can cause all kind of conditions from crippled leg to winded (which for a bug I suspect sometimes won't go away naturally), blindness, unconscious... And you can't do anything about it.
Let's hope you don't go suxxor, and go back to the beginning else you'll be DEAD. Seriously. Go in the ruined house guarded by puffin-mines (can't even try to disarm, they are "looks dangerous" with 75% traps!). The enemy CAN trigger these mines, so beware. Start to lure out the nearest beastman - a whole PACK will be on your neck! Start with possible grenadiers, than just stay alive. Kill the rest here but do NOT kill the baby-deathclaw if it doesn't attack you!
If fortunate the two guys sleeping in the hut won't wake up, but it's no biggy. Run there in cover, and throw them 2 grenades then finish this fight.
Go towards the cemetary and hope everyone will run at you - if not you'll have to run around like headless chicken amongst graves and other obstacles AFTER you dispose the enemy on the right side where the toxic waste is.
Another "nice" thing with this mission is also that sometimes anyone can shoot through walls...
Back to the collapsed hole to squash bugs. Did I mention this is the last area with poison, so bring all your remaining antidote and use them as coming?
You HAVE TO kill the two baby-deathclaw in the pit after the bugs, but that's unavoidable, else you'll get stuck if major crap happens. They usually don't do worse than winded though, especially if you take a dose of psycho before descending. In a perfect world I'd know how long it takes to finish the mission from start and insist to eat psycho at the arrival, but... But here it is safe enough.
Clear the dungeon focusing always on the shotgun noises, but you should be fine enough. You won't be able to open the deathclaw-cages, but even Mother's help should be enough to win the bossfight. Pack up and leave. Prepare for Springfield.

Notes for bunker Beta: going back after Mardin you find a "Medical Officier" instead of the usual medic-trader. Rob him blind.
Moving to Bunker Gamma let's you rob even more stuff, although Tiduk's and Shauri's initial payment (2K BoS money each) can not be stolen or gambled (Tiduk offers a chance for gamble initially, but it doesn't work).
Dunno what happens if you don't go to Springfield yet this point as that mission is still from General Barnaky. I want to avoid possible bugs, but it'd worth to investigate. We'll see.

--------

Springfield:
Your hair will fall out with this one if you don't have ranged weapon, because this town is built to be a straight out swiping mission. There are constant enemies buzzing, no chance to sneak or even get behind them. So starting even is a miracle, especially that there is a grenadier amongst the welcoming comitee, and practically every enemy likes to run up and down making melee almost impossible, or at least very frustrating. and the car has very low health, so the best you could do with it to drive in (everyone flees) and throw 1 and only 1 grenade then drive out ASAP.
Your goal is to kill enough people to be able to go behind the buildings on the south (the guy behind the sandbags at the corner can be left alive, won't notice you too much, and kill stuff there, going in the houses eliminating threats, than defeating the patrols on the street. I hope you have doctor kits when loosing limbs, grenades for tactical use and some luck!
The three(!) guys behind the initial fence is best to shot 1 burst of minigun (can't really afford more). Beware, because on the upper side two other "raider" resides, and 5 people shooting at you can easily be too much. Ye, 3 will hopefully die in the first second, but...
If you somehow survive, don't be happy: open the first gate! There is a whole ARMY behind it, so do it sneaking, and get cover. Showing yourself will pull out the melees, and hopefully attract more guys close enough to pull out a second wave. Be cautious, as one of the enemy is again grenadier! Actually there's a second two, but he's in the back, so you probably will be able to come up with a strategy or just use the fact he's alone.
Against the guys in the digs use grenades from the right angle (not from the side they lean to).
The next section is a deathrun with high-hitting people running constantly away from you, and that was the point I said it doesn't worth it and went to St. Luise.
After coming back from there this whole thing turned out to be a real bonus mission, me happily exterminating whoever I pleased (as long as I did not go too close I did not suffer lethal damage). I still advise eating a voodoo though for the bossfight. Or a traumapack.

St. Luis: Be this a simple rescue mission: no heroics. Have the fully loaded Avenger Minigun in your hand and drive in full throttle to the mutants ahead. Three dead mutants later hop out and grab a SAW. Now you can hit any mutant you encounter, including the one just a bit behind your back. REPAIR the APC.
Continue to #1 (110% big guns if I may) stopping at the large rock, so not all three will hit you the same time and maybe they'll get closer making easier to hit 'em.
Grab the sniper rifle - even though you can't use it it's loot! REPAIR if you didn't done it by yourself! At this point some repair-books became available, and I had higher repair with them than Stitch, who's still useful for first aid/doctor At the start there was another pilot book, and with all the books my skill became 101 with that one, which means the car no longer drifts when stops.
Go towards #2 on the pipmap with full throttle and kill the two mutant behind the sandbags (advise: 120% big guns). Kill the others visible too. REPAIR!
Go in to meat the wired guy. Sneak on your belly, and come out on your front too to avoid getting shot (hopefully. The mutants will crouch and no longer bother you after 1 burst).
Blast up the minefield from safe distance bursts. Actually leaving mines on the west row can be adventageus as they can blow up occasional mutants. Drive to the rock-plateau on the right with 130% big guns (you should be able to afford), and DRIVE OUT IF THINGS GET UGLY! Hopefully you win, but there's a chance the car will blow up unfortunately.
Here comes the annoying part: in the tunnels is a mutant which can blast your mission very easily - I suspect he has browning. Do NOT go close for all sake if he is standing! If he is crouching he isn't an issue, but if he stands... Cross your fingers. And repair!

Jefferson:
I rly don't know why Kansas City is offered. You don't have the equipment to deal with that, doesn't make sense with the story, and you want every ounce of power you can collect before you go there. Solo party can't solve it properly anyway (the mutant ambush demands at least 4 members to deal with it).
There's not much to say about Jefferson. You have your guns, and basically no need for grenades. Use the rocket launcher to spare .50 cal ammo, but be extremely sure nothing blocks the way to the target or you can kill yourself. Destroying Generator#2 disables the towers, which have thick armor so you either brought power fist, or you won't destroy them (not that you'd miss anything). Whenever the only way though to kill an (armored) enemy is close range combat, try your best to snake, and don't spare with the Browning. Better shoot some extra bullets than die!
After this mission I had like 1000 .50 cal, and clvl 14. I'd be much more happy with clvl 15 and Bonus Rate of Fire, but whatever. Can't get 20K exp from random encounters just for this!
NOTE: the chest in the toxic tunnel is inaccessible for supermutants! (space too thin)

*BONUS CONTENT*: Before Jefferson I went back to infiltrate the Supermutant Base in St. Lousie. Here is how it can be done:
- bring these items: 1 buffout (I have 9 strength but need more to carry the stuff), 1 mentat (you NEED aim), 40+ frag grenade, 10 explosive rocket, rocket launcher, SAW + 200 bullet, (brahmin) armor, 2 expanded lockpick, 10 super stimpack, browning + whatever ammo you salvaged (ca. 100-200). These are stricktly to infiltrate the base, NOT for the tunnels!
- required skills: 70% stealth, 80% throwing, 130% big guns.
- kill everyone in the tunnels. Never stand up from crouching, and if you see/know the mutant has armor switch from SAW to rocket launcher.
- sneak in through the back opening. If you are detected you are screwed and have to reload, so stay close to the walls for cover! Lay next to the walled hideout (not bunker) on the north. Eat the mentat. With SAW hit agressive. Wait up to 20 seconds until a mutant arrives and make himself killed.
- with grenade kill the mutant within the hideout. Staying at the very edge of the screen go around the hideout with 33% agressive until you shoot at the mutant in the western bunker. If you clicked between the wall of the hideout and the edge of the map you won't be seen by mutants on the east. Crawl back, and crawl to the west wall of the closest bunker. Switch to the SAW whenever you see the mutant in the western bunker, otherwise throw grenades in the bunker next to you. There are 2 mutants in it. Do NOT go too close to this bunker or you'll die. If you see the top removed that's perfect position. Watch the battle-briefings to watch if both mutants die (the mutant in the western bunker will die too).
- Crawl along the northern wall of the bunker in 66% agressive. This is the hardest part because somehow the mutant not far away in the tunnel can see and shoot you no matter your position. So have the browning at hand, or be extra careful.
- get to the western bunker stealthing. Yes, now you can stealth here. Go inside the bunker, and kill the mutant right next to it with grenades. No idea why, but you can't see him normally, despite he standing at the window...
Get stealthed again, switch to rocket launcher.Go to the windows of the bunker in DEFENSIVE mode. Make sure you see only 1 mutant from the three standing in the open. Hit agressive, and when the animation of the attack starts - DUCK. Crawl back to get into sneak mode again and repeat until all three are dead.
- There is a bunker on the south, and outside it in the tunnel stands another mutant. Kill it from distance.
- Whenever you're pleased now get stealthed and wait until the mutant on the sniper-roof stands up so you can see it. Get close for a good % and hit agressive. Hopefully it dies. It is a grenadier, and there's no way to climb up there for loot.
- There remains 2 mutant in the southern bunker. Crawl to them from outside, and kill them with grenades! <-- LIE! Can't aim to the inside of the bunker! Must crawl near (stealthed), and browning them down! Must hope you'll be faster and/or they miss. They are armored with browning, but this is the only way.
- Loot. there were 5 mutants with brownings, and 2 had DU ammo, 90 each if they did not fire any.
- Be happy, find transcendence!

Last edited by twillight; 24-06-2017 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:55 PM   #180
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Kansas City:
Actually this mission is "Gravestone", and "Osceolla" will be Kansas City, but whatever.
What I always hated in this mission is, that you have no time even to speak with the ghoul leader before positioning your units, not to mention the south gate. And the ghouls' AI is total stupid making some of them running into certain death, like the mission wouldn't be hard enough anyway. And it usually comes way too early to make a proper Big Gunner at least. The mutant ambush with a full team works like this: one (the protagonist of course) speaks with the ghoul leader and later joins the south gate, one goes north, one (PipBoy usually for me) goes east, and the rest goes south. When the party starts maybe north will reach position barely, and south is halfway to the gate needing to hurry because there a ghoul just lubs to run out, and the heaviest artillery ever will arrive there (of course .50 cal and some rockets can actually solve it), while south takes most of your time.
Soloing here is determined "bad outcome" because although the mutants never actually enter the town itself, they do happily massacre the defenders at all three gates. Bummer.
It is said 5 ghouls may die, so I'll try this: Switch will actually get a gun or two and defend the north gate (minimal action there), and my supermutant (darn, I'd give something for a supermutant armour!) will deal with south. East will be destroyed, but if there are no more than 5 ghouls, that gives a marginal chance for the good outcome still. Well, it is a theory...

Well, I managed to get away with exactly 5 ghoul causalities. I gave Stitch all 3 small guns books (I don't need them. Supermutants can't even hold small guns, and I don't go for sniper) and pumped further the skill to 200%. His weapon was the unique XL70E3 from the St Louis Supermutant Base.
My mutie also decided to get drugged. Literally fly on drugs. Now there are a couple of things with drugs:
- you can NOT take a drug on the fast travel map, travel into a mission and do it, even if the duration should still hold (useful drugs can have days of duration, and I suspect time during missions passes the same speed as real life time).
- taking drugs depend on Endurance, but it is not "EN/X = Y amount of drugs be taken". For example with my basic 4 endurance I could take 1 mutie, 1 buffout (12 Endurance after these), 1 mentat, 1 afterburner and 1 voodoo without falling unconscious being overdosed. On the other hand if I took 2 mutie (13 Endurance), 1 mentat, 1 afterburner and 1 psycho became available. So if you're planning to fly on drugs, save and try out the combination you're into before wasting your time!
- it is possible that independently form Endurance taking a certain amount of the same drug will overdose or even kill you (it is generally told the max afterburner you can take is 2, and that's it).
My weapon of choice was the Browning naturally (during the entirety of the mission I used up almost 500 bullet for it, half the total of my supply), and here is a video that can give you ideas what I did: VIDEO. Note that the guy in that record lost the entire east gate (6 ghouls just from that) and 1 more from the south, while I had 2 alive in the east, and he still got the best ending.
Here are my stats at the beginning and after the end of the mission (seems mutie don't last 10 days, but around the same duration as psycho, both ca. 2 hours real time, not 4 as guides says for Psycho).

Mission 12 (Osceola):
This is the mission requires your grenades (frags and maybe incineration), plenty of healing, and rational use of Browning. Grenades will come useful against the east gate, and mutants along the northeastern walls (you CAN throw through grenades). Unfortunately your frags can easily be blocked by the wall or sglt, so you need the healing. But it is still the best option.
Lethal points:
- the east gate can only be freed by browning. You must outshoot the two guards there
- the sniper nest. 90% that your browning will kill them before they can shoot, but I still don't like it at all
- the gas-chamber (obvious, but let's mention)
- Gamorrin. He somehow shoots precisely and hard from his puny gun. Use browning to outdamage him.
PS: I always forget to go back to Roshombo (and let him be killed)

Here is a complete comprehensive list of alternative/additional things to do in every mission for karma/BoS ranks (optional mission briefings not mentioned):
- Brahmin Wood: bonus: don't let any villager die / negative: let villagers die; let Fairsight and Stitch die (in any mission basically all friendly/quest character's death/loss of quest items counts towards the negative)
- Freeport: bonus(?): unlock Ripley's door
- Rock Falls: bonus: get device, free mechanic, free Nanuk
- Macomb: bonus: return the librarian's glasses (actually not for rank, this is a proper sidequest which unfortunately only spares you minor amount of cash)
- Peoria: bonus: no tribal died (depends on real life luck); gain 4th battery (do not have any battery on you when talking the elder after finishing the quest, otherwise you don't get it 'cause bug)
- Quincy: bonus: rescue major's daughter, rescue Warden Felix / trading karma for BoS rank: save ghoul village, rescue Gorgi, save as many "working girl" as possible (might have the requirement of minimal loss).
- Mardin: trade: save mother
- Springfield: -
- St Louis: optional area for .50 DU ammo
- Jefferson: negative: destroy the lab
- Kansas City: 5 (7?) or less ghoul die
- Osceola: bonus: pick up holodisc, Barnaky's letter, Briefcase
- Junction City: bonus: heal the mechanic's father. Also, optional area of the rat-tunnel.
- Great Bend: -
- Cold Water: bonus: save the hostage girl / negative: kill Ma Baker (in 1.0 it even made me negative if I spoke with Don Vinchenzo and didn't check this since then)
- Newton: bonus: have the EMP-prototype when leaving. Optional stuff: repair the tank.
- Canyon City: -
- Buena Vista: -
- Scott City: -
- Cheyenne Mountain: - / Vault 0: a locker with a pulse rifle demands 180% lockpick as "optional area" / Calculator's Lair: the 4 alternative endings (why isn't there a neutral ending?)

Last edited by twillight; 25-06-2017 at 06:38 PM.