Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-07-2005, 07:48 PM   #131
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

They thought it wouldn't bring in enough dough if they made one. What a load of bull-honkey! LOL

Anyway, I know people from all over that have played this game. If they were selling this game in 8 different countries, why wouldn't it bring enough cash flow with it?

I like to be the draconians, and I have had a nightshade and one of the special moutain resources at the same time at least 7 times now k:
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 21-07-2005, 01:03 AM   #132
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by blastradius14@Jul 20 2005, 07:48 PM
They thought it wouldn't bring in enough dough if they made one. What a load of bull-honkey! LOL

Anyway, I know people from all over that have played this game. If they were selling this game in 8 different countries, why wouldn't it bring enough cash flow with it?

Maybe I missed something, but who said a successor to MoM wasn't made because it wouldn't bring in enough money? The problem for Microprose in those years was that it was generally ailling, and everybody knew it. The team who made MoM, SimTex, were very good, but veeeeery slow, and had been placed on a project called Guardians: Agents of Justice. (They literally took four years to do the latter, after which it was shelved because it still wasn't done, and the game was technologically out of date.) Sid Meier had left for greener pastures, and other talented folks were leaving, as well. In the end all they could manage were some lackluster tank sims and a secondrate add-on for Civ II. Very sad.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 22-07-2005, 01:48 PM   #133
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

Well, nobody has claimed it and is profiting off of it... Afterall, interactive took the civ series, and MOM is only slightly older than civ1. Shouldn't someone have made it by now?
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 22-07-2005, 02:05 PM   #134
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by blastradius14@Jul 22 2005, 01:48 PM
Well, nobody has claimed it and is profiting off of it... Afterall, interactive took the civ series, and MOM is only slightly older than civ1. Shouldn't someone have made it by now?
It is being made. Stardock, the folks that did Galactic Civilizations, have been commissioned to develop MoM2.
Old 22-07-2005, 07:03 PM   #135
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

But they are having problems. Game makers shouldn't be stalled like that.
Old 22-07-2005, 08:27 PM   #136
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by blastradius14@Jul 22 2005, 07:03 PM
But they are having problems. Game makers shouldn't be stalled like that.
I'm unaware of any delays, and I've been following their work pretty closely. They've had the contract for less than a year. So what problems are you referring to?
Old 27-07-2005, 12:08 PM   #137
Mongi

Haven't had time to go through all the posts listed here, so I beg pardon if I'm repeating anyone.

Here is the recipe for the strongest AND Immortal unit:

1.Start as a death mage with high human race
2. Reach the paladins ASAP
3. Cast "Wraithform" on paladins. Bingo. U have the unit with both magic and weapon immunity. That makes them immortal everybody-killer :Titan:

After that game becomes VERY dull as all you have to do is train a couple of those units and conquer both worlds. "yawn"

Old 27-07-2005, 03:16 PM   #138
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

Unless the Guys in myrror cast the block planar travel. I've seen the computers cast spells like that, and armegeddon. Though not at the same time, as I often try to do. If the computer is ever smart enough to do this, your wraithformed paladins won't be of any use to you when your world turns to ruin.
Old 27-07-2005, 03:20 PM   #139
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

"Stardock continues to pursue the Master of Magic license, but development of Stardock's fantasy TBS game, which may be the next MoM, is on hold. Stardock is now focused on completing Galactic Civilizations 2 and the newly announced massively multiplayer RTS, Society."

This, borodin.

Question is, is he building from the ground up on this one? Or is he using graphics and scripting from the last one? Some times you will never know.

I suppose it isnt a problem as far as the game maker is concerned, but the other game to me is a problem LOL

It is rude to behind in LOL
Old 27-07-2005, 03:55 PM   #140
Petter1979
Game freak

Its a really nice game :w00t: , Im playing it atm on my old rig with full sound/speed, same with warlord2, Colonization k:

pentium 133Mhz
Sound Blaster AWE64 Value

Petter1979 is offline                         Send a private message to Petter1979