Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Cold Cases
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-06-2005, 12:50 AM   #1
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Ok...3rd time's the charm I guess...Im asking this again incase we have new members that know what i'm talking about...This is obviously a rare game im looking for....

There was this game I used to play when I was little...I was about 12-14...I dont remember...I only had the shareware version of the game.

This game was like Scorched Earth, in fact it seemed like it was inspired by scorched earth. In the game you had to set aiming direction, power of the shot, and aim angle of the shot, JUST like Scorched Earth...the game had either a top-down or isometric perspective (I think isometric, cause you could see from above, yet you could see the arc of the shots) You could only move your tank when you purchased energy (Be it energy, fuel, or whatnot I don't remember) JUST like scorched earth. When you shot, funny text would appear above the tanks like in Scorched Earth, but you could actually hear the voices say the funny liltte quips in the game. They's say stuff like "Your shoelaces are untied!" and random funny screams when they died kinda like in Worms... Also I remember that the use of "Tesla coils" was a main factor. It was either your HP, shield power, movement power....I don't remember. Also this game didn't Have Scorch, or Scorched in the title..so it's not Xscorch, or Scorch 3d or anything like that....

Please someone out there please know what im talking about! It was such a FUN GAME!
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka
Old 23-06-2005, 03:19 PM   #2
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

No one knows? ....Sheesh this game IS rare....

Edit: Woops! Didn't mean to doublepost.....but...hey..hm. It brings it to the top of this list...if I remove this, it'll bring it back down below again...*sneaky sneaky leaves it here*
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka
Old 19-09-2007, 01:41 PM   #3
wickedmissmel

Not to sure if you are still interested, but i think the game you are after is called charred dirt. My bf just put in on my computer recently and we have been battling. I love it.
wickedmissmel is offline                         Send a private message to wickedmissmel
Old 19-09-2007, 01:45 PM   #4
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

Thanks for your help wickedmissmel, I'll send him a personal message to let him knows.
Edit: PM sent
Old 19-09-2007, 02:51 PM   #5
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

I think it's another game I've seen at MobyGames recently - can't remember the name though. :wallbash:

[edit] I'm unsure, but it's a good game anyway - Genocide. [/edit]