Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-09-2004, 08:56 PM   #1
Mr.Peskapoe

I'm guessing few, if any, around here are as eager to play HL2 as me, so chanses are no one really cares about this, anyway....

Valve, the developer of Half Life 2, has sent a release candidate to Vivendi for testing. If Vivendi approves the game will go "gold" and a few weeks after that it'll be in stores. There's of course the chanse that Vivendi will reject the RC in which case Valve has to work out whatever bugs they found. Although from what I've heard there's been rigourus testing done by Valve allready, they've been using the new enginee with CS: Source for a while now.

Here's to Vivendi labeling this sucker "gold"...

News
Mr.Peskapoe is offline                         Send a private message to Mr.Peskapoe
Old 17-09-2004, 12:17 AM   #2
Ioncannon
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via MSN to Ioncannon

YAY. Uhh were was the page with the rquirments that HL2 will need? Can't wait to map for that game. Also I am so excited that we get to see more of THE G-MAN!!!! THE G-MAN IS WATCHING
Ioncannon is offline                         Send a private message to Ioncannon
Old 17-09-2004, 07:16 AM   #3
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

I do hope the magic of Half Life won't be gone by the time I play it.
After playing Farcry and Doom 3 i'm already kinda used to pretty graphics.
And with all those video demonstrations we already kinda know how the game will feel and play.
I hope it still manages to capture that old half life feeling.
However I don't think the beginning will be anything like the beginning in the original. I think the player will just be thrown into the action... which wouldn't be all that much fun.

Anyway, I hate people who say a game will be bad before they've even played a demo, so I'll just hope for the best k:
Old 17-09-2004, 11:48 AM   #4
Maikel
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Stroggy@Sep 17 2004, 07:16 AM
I do hope the magic of Half Life won't be gone by the time I play it.
After playing Farcry and Doom 3 i'm already kinda used to pretty graphics.
And with all those video demonstrations we already kinda know how the game will feel and play.
I hope it still manages to capture that old half life feeling.
However I don't think the beginning will be anything like the beginning in the original. I think the player will just be thrown into the action... which wouldn't be all that much fun.

Anyway, I hate people who say a game will be bad before they've even played a demo, so I'll just hope for the best k:
I've heard there is an extensive interactive intro once again. where you are lead into the city and you have to talk to several characters from HL 1. Getting smacked on your head by troopers if you don't keep in line.
Maikel is offline                         Send a private message to Maikel
Old 17-09-2004, 02:29 PM   #5
Mr.Peskapoe

Quote:
Originally posted by Maikel@Sep 17 2004, 12:48 PM
I've heard there is an extensive interactive intro once again. where you are lead into the city and you have to talk to several characters from HL 1. Getting smacked on your head by troopers if you don't keep in line.
Yes, there's a BINK that shows the intro, its alot like the intro from HL1. I dont have a link but its called "Train Station".
Mr.Peskapoe is offline                         Send a private message to Mr.Peskapoe
Old 17-09-2004, 07:11 PM   #6
Ioncannon
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via MSN to Ioncannon

My fav is when the gorden is cuttin up zombies with the gears and blowing em up with the petro tanks.
Ioncannon is offline                         Send a private message to Ioncannon
Old 17-09-2004, 09:03 PM   #7
Mr.Peskapoe

Quote:
Originally posted by Ioncannon@Sep 17 2004, 08:11 PM
My fav is when the gorden is cuttin up zombies with the gears and blowing em up with the petro tanks.
Yeah, thats an excellent display of the HL2 physics, its called "Ravenholm" I think. There's another one thats really good to, "Traptown", it features Gordon using a grenade to tip a container over some troops (among other things), also a really good display of the physics.