Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-06-2004, 08:51 AM   #11
Anonymous

It's at the start, right after the scene wherein larry spills coffee on his boss larry's boss and then tells you you're the rightman for the "job". After that there is this topsecret paper that pops up and ask you to enter a code, I entered "larry" for I thought the game was cracked. It must be some sort of game protection. I'm sorry to be buggin so much.

Old 10-06-2004, 02:02 PM   #12
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Oh that! :wink:

The game is aking if you want to protect the game by putting a password on it. (So that your 3 year old son will not play it... without your permission).

Just click on "Why bother?"...
Old 10-06-2004, 08:26 PM   #13
Anonymous
Default Password

The game doesn't ask to set a password, but to enter a password that was previously set.

Old 10-06-2004, 08:29 PM   #14
Anonymous

Sorry to double post, but a quick Google helped: Just delete the file memory.drv in the Larry 5 directory and the game forgets that a password was set before.

Old 11-06-2004, 03:40 AM   #15
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

That is strange...
The achive should be clean, meaning no password should have been placed on the game :?

But, as long as you managed to bypass it...
Hope you find the game worthy your work!
Old 17-07-2004, 05:56 PM   #16
Anonymous
Default Weird behavior on "beginner tips"

After I have watched the intros and Larry's boss is shouting for coffee, a box pops up giving tips for ones who play Sierra games the first time.

All I can do is click these tip windows away; but they just keep on reappearing, and I will have to close Larry 5 manually to exit.

Old 17-07-2004, 07:45 PM   #17
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Stange. That never happened to me... Have you tried to start the game from scratch? Or to download it again?
Old 30-07-2004, 05:40 PM   #18
Anonymous

Well I am having that problem now with a couple downloads of it from a couple of places. The strange thing is the first download I got from somewhere a long time ago and on the computer I was on that I never ran into that problem but for some reason on this computer I am. I'm gonna see if I can find a way to solve this problem for people here by messing with settings and such.

Old 30-07-2004, 05:47 PM   #19
Anonymous

Okay I can't get that to stop but this game does have a handy skip forward feature. So for those of us who can't find a way to get out of the text telling us the tips over and over for first time players we have a solution. Fight it with it a little and by either clicking ESC alot till it brings up the menu or click with the mouse positioned where the menu bar is supposed to appear at the top. You'll eventually catch a gap in the text and have the menu. Click the button with the two arrows pointing right and it'll skip out of that. You'll be brought to the screen allowing you to place a password. Click "Don't Bother" and you'll see Larry coming out of the meeting room. Sure you'll miss the scene with the spilled coffee and Larry being given the job, but it's a small price to pay if you want to be able to play this game.

Old 05-08-2004, 01:14 PM   #20
jbergstrom

Ok, I guess I have worked out why this happens: on some internal level, the game is running too fast on these modern computers.

When I play LSL5 through VDMS, the tip problem occurs. However, if I run it in DosBox, all is fine!

Then, I have another problem: the AeroDork codes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it not that you are supposed to look up the time on the code sheet and then enter the corresponding code? I do just like this, and the game rejects my code no matter what.
jbergstrom is offline                         Send a private message to jbergstrom