Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-07-2020, 08:49 PM   #81
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

1. You make it harder than it must be. As I see, it's simple 2-layer wheel, external ring (flags) is visible (even if I don't understand why do you need them %), internal circle - upper layer with gaps - is visible too. All you need is one good scan and full data on the middle circle, with numbers. As I see, it's 12 sectors (columns) by 6 sectors (rows). So all you need is to make 12x6 table and consequently write all numbers in all cells (easy to do by rows. Select sector with most outer gap ("Figure scating", for example) , match with any country by your choice (say, Poland), write number, turn to the next country (Switzerland), write number, repeat for all 12 numbers. Then select second row gap (Giant Slalom, for example), set it to Poland, repeat for 12 countries, select 3rd row... Looks quite simple for me, and definitely less efforts than 100 scans.

2. I don't need any exclusives (but thank you for the offer). For me, it's enough to have the working game and working codewheel. (I have impression that eXo will ask guys from this resource anyway - but I can be wrong).

P.S. Also, as you can see, it's only 12 possible positions, actually, if you _don't_ want to mess with a table - it will cover all possible numbers. So 12 scans (one for each inner wheel turn) is totally enough to recreate the wheel. But if middle wheel positions - matching with flags - have any significance, of course, you'll need 144 scans. But I believe, in reality it will be 132 excessive obsolete scans.

P.P.S. Ah, I read about protection scheme. Yes, for re-creating wheel you need only this 12x6 table - or 12 wheel scans.

Last edited by Smiling Spectre; 29-07-2020 at 09:03 PM.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 01-08-2020, 04:17 PM   #82
Raffaello
Lurker

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardner View Post
Thanks for your reply. The attached file didn't make the deal, Ice Skating still broken.

Searched the net for Locksmith, Neverlock and TDC but couldn't find anything according.

I have found a C64 retail version of Summer Challenge at Ebay, but no Winter Challenge, only Sega cartridges with no wheel.
Hey, it looks after 30 years I've found out I had the wrong copy of the game! I've unlocked that version on Archive.org which was posted here with Neverlock and I managed to bypass the copy protection, but despite looking legit, speed skating, ski jump, etc. are still broken.

Did you guys have better luck than me?
Raffaello is offline                         Send a private message to Raffaello
Old 10-08-2020, 10:15 PM   #83
Hardner

Default Re:

Just an update, a sad one so far. The parcel service delivered it a completely other address. The two involved parcel services don't offer much help so far by issueing this incident and investigating this case. They are neither replying to me nor the sender. The sender did everything right. I hope that copy won't get lost at all.
Hardner is offline                         Send a private message to Hardner
Old 11-08-2020, 01:22 PM   #84
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Ouch.

I can be too paranoid, but it's not scam where sender didn't send anything, right?
Old 11-08-2020, 05:04 PM   #85
Hardner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
Ouch.

I can be too paranoid, but it's not scam where sender didn't send anything, right?
I have a copy of the receipt, full tracking numbers from both parcel services and the parcel service in Germany actually messed it up while the british parcel service still had the informatoin it had been delivered to my adress according to their tracking status. It's just G**'s stupity not to label a package responsibly.
Old 13-08-2020, 08:42 PM   #86
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Too bad then. And here (in Russia) we always believe in exceptional German pedantism! Well, I hope it will turn well.
Old 03-09-2020, 08:43 PM   #87
Hardner

Default Just an update

I gave up hope that the item could be delivered in the end. Ebay is gonna refund me, but actually I don't even care about the money. I just want to have the only globally available IBM version, this item is just very precious to me and I'm sad that this special item could be lost forever.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:55 PM   #88
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Ouch. I am sorry for you. I hope, game will appear on ebay again... Somewhere in the future.
Old 07-11-2020, 06:01 PM   #89
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

And it surfaced again. Italian, but I believe, it not matters for the codewheel?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gioco-PC-...AAAOSwVFZfV5he
Old 14-11-2020, 10:28 PM   #90
simo87
Lurker

bought today!! :-)))
after reading the lie of that user I want to ship them
contact me by email
simo87 is offline                         Send a private message to simo87