Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-05-2011, 07:39 PM   #91
apollo0681

i guessed that and i had a go following the instructions in the link but got stuck. Went in search for Dark Omen instead. Took 5mins to download 2mins to install and had no problems with it, so spent all day playing that instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
You didn't set it up, period. Creating a new virtual machine is one part of the process; after that, you have to install the operating system in it.
apollo0681 is offline                         Send a private message to apollo0681
Old 09-06-2011, 05:30 AM   #92
windwalkerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
There's a bug affecting new user profiles.
I noticed that as well. It seems if I enter the forums via the discuss link on the game page, I'm not logged in to the forum, but if I use the forum tab on the top of the page, and then go back, click the forum link on the game dl page, and then reload the page, I'm recognized.

Personally, that installer did not work for me. It copied most of the files, but not the sound/music files. I had to copy those myself. And use the registry entry after changing it to my game's path. But now it works for me, on XP in 95 compatibility
Make sure it's set to full, not half pixel. Man it looks awful on half, lol.

Edit, a day later:
I think the problem with this game is less the rip and more just poor game design. I downloaded the full cd. It still has issues with just not loading things. I save the game after a mission and it saves my units as they were at the end of battle, without applying the reinforcements. This is like some V0.7 shareware. I get why I had never heard of this Warhammer game. It's clearly not a finished product.

Last edited by windwalkerx; 10-06-2011 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Updates
windwalkerx is offline                         Send a private message to windwalkerx
Old 29-09-2011, 11:39 PM   #93
UneducatedGamer
Default Does anyone know where I can get the playstationn version?

I am willing to pay upto $60US for a PAL version of the Playstation release of this game. I have searched everywhere! My laptop will not run this installation as I can not find a DOS emulator download that actually downloads properly anywhere either. Plus being a child of the 80's,I grew up with win 95. The concept and actuall implementation of emulators is a little beyond my limited computer savvy :'( . I do need a functional emulator to run afew old school dos games aswell but for now the PS version of this game would keep me well entertained.

Old 11-10-2011, 01:19 AM   #94
Rawisericho
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by UneducatedGamer View Post
I am willing to pay upto $60US for a PAL version of the Playstation release of this game. I have searched everywhere! My laptop will not run this installation as I can not find a DOS emulator download that actually downloads properly anywhere either. Plus being a child of the 80's,I grew up with win 95. The concept and actuall implementation of emulators is a little beyond my limited computer savvy :'( . I do need a functional emulator to run afew old school dos games aswell but for now the PS version of this game would keep me well entertained.

I own the PS version and it's not that great. The use of the controller compared to the mouse makes it very awkward, but I'll sell it to you if you want.

Can anyone help me with the installation of this game? I have both the PC version and the downloaded version but I was not able to install it using the batch file, I had the problem Red Malak had. If someone could email me, the direct contact would be hugely helpful. I have been trying to play this game on a non Windows 98 cpu for 7 years.
Rawisericho is offline                         Send a private message to Rawisericho
Old 17-11-2012, 09:26 PM   #95
WillBKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo0681 View Post
i guessed that and i had a go following the instructions in the link but got stuck. Went in search for Dark Omen instead. Took 5mins to download 2mins to install and had no problems with it, so spent all day playing that instead.

Dark Omen is amazing, I seriously love that game - the graphics, the characters, cutscenes, generally mood are great. The best bit has to be the battle in the Great Forest when the goblins attack and the flagellant guy says: "They're all around ussssssssss!"

However....................
Shadow of the Horned Rat has some cool elements which beat Dark Omen. It is less linear, you can choose your missions (you rarely get to do this in DO), and you have to make decisions about which units to recruit. There are more units to choose from, but you can't have them all, as they cost money in upkeep. But you can have a lot of units on your roster if you want to, meaning you have much more control over your army than in DO.

Some of the SOTHR missions are great too - the one where you have to dash to safety in the Dwarf fort, fighting a rearguard action along the way, sticks out in my memory.

the big problem with SOTHR is the controls. It's difficult and clunky. The graphics aren't very good either.

Love both games! They just don't make strategy games like these any more, it's such a shame
WillBKK is offline                         Send a private message to WillBKK
Old 20-05-2015, 07:20 PM   #96
Arachippo
Lurker

Default Can't get into Zhufbar

Hello Gamers! I was thrilled to relive my history by playing this delightful game, only to be disheartened. When I reach the cutscene showing the zhufbar siege from the overland route, my game seizes up, and i have been unable to advance past this point. Has anyone else encountered this problem?
Arachippo is offline                         Send a private message to Arachippo
Old 13-07-2015, 04:37 PM   #97
bencerw
Default WING32.dll

Hi i am trying to launch the game. it tells me WING32.dll
is missing. i have looked at other threads and i have tried putting WING32,dll into my system32 folder and it still does not work. please help guys
thanks

Old 18-07-2015, 03:03 PM   #98
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Copying files at random like that will not help.

http://www.abandonia.com/en/programs
Scroll down to the bottom for the WinG installer. Download, unpack, install and it should work - keep in mind that this API dates back to 16-bit Windows, and may not work properly (or at all) on 64-bit Windows.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 18-07-2015, 05:42 PM   #99
Panthro
Man of Science

This game (and a few other Warhammer games) are now on GOG.com!

http://www.gog.com/game/warhammer_sh...the_horned_rat
Old 18-07-2015, 06:59 PM   #100
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Updated status. Removed ISO Cellar threads.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman