Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-03-2010, 03:33 PM   #151
Diamondfist
Abandonia nerd

When the "Walkthrough 2" link is clicked on the game's page, it opens a new window on Abandonia on the "all games" page instead of downloading the Walkthrough 2 zip file. Is this the right place to report this? Thank you!
Diamondfist is offline                         Send a private message to Diamondfist
Old 30-03-2010, 04:05 PM   #152
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

We've got some technical diffculties and that's one of the results.. No idea how long it will take the tech support to get them resolved.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 30-03-2010, 04:11 PM   #153
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

well, now it works
Old 02-04-2010, 07:22 PM   #154
Diamondfist
Abandonia nerd

I still have the same problem with the link, but thank you The Fifth Horseman for responding, I appreciate it. I'll keep checking for it.
Diamondfist is offline                         Send a private message to Diamondfist
Old 02-04-2010, 08:18 PM   #155
ianphillips2347
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
well, now it works
Not working now
ianphillips2347 is offline                         Send a private message to ianphillips2347
Old 02-04-2010, 08:36 PM   #156
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

sorry, i mistook it for the first "walkthrough" link
Old 13-04-2010, 04:34 AM   #157
Jaykzo

So I've spent probably a dozen hours trying to find a way to play this game exactly how I used to- with movie scenes and EPIC music.

So I've purchased the original CD-ROM, but I can't run it even through dosbox. If I try to run the install, it works up until the point where I set the installation path, and I get the error "Cannot install Ahiss.adl" then "Installation aborted". If I try to run the game from the disk drive, I get an error "Cannot open shapes.ndx"

I haven't played this game in well over a decade, and would do anything to play it again. Is there any hope for me?

Old 16-04-2010, 07:49 AM   #158
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

If you perhaps post screenshots of your status window, someone will be able to help you figure it out. Please give detailed information like your mounts etc so that we've got an idea of what the problem is

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 19-04-2010, 03:37 AM   #159
jaykzo

Okay I'm back- I guess I'm just a noob with DosBox and what-not.

For anyone else who needs to play the game from the disc-
Insert Disc
Start DosBox
mount d d:\ -t cdrom
mount c c:\ (this gave me some silly warning)
Now open the d drive- d:\
type install and run the install. It will ask where to install it to, send it to c:\lord

Installation takes like 40 minutes for real

To play WITH EPIC MUSIC AND VIDEOS AND NO PARAGRAPH READING open DosBox again and
mount d d:\ -t cdrom
mount c c:\lord\game
c:\
lord

Its incredible! Thanks for this thread though, I wouldn't have had the motivation to do it without it. If theres any way I can upload this data to the site, let me know, i'm happy to help.

Old 19-04-2010, 04:31 AM   #160
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykzo View Post
mount c c:\ (this gave me some silly warning)
This warning is NOT silly. By mounting the root of your system drive in DOSBox, you're giving programs running in DOSBox full access to the drive.
Guess what happens if you're running on an admin account and something tries to write to C:\Windows...
Yeah, NOT fun at all.

That's why you should always mount a subdirectory on your drive (this also helps to keep the games organized - you'll understand the point when you reach ~100 titles in your collection).

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman