Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-12-2004, 08:57 PM   #21
ignus

Maikel, I found parts of your review odd.

Quote:
When the game comes to an end and all the Star Player Points (SPP) have been given out, you may want to give your players new abilities. Sorry, you can't. The game engine chooses these for you automatically (and randomly, it seems). You may have a Blocker, who would benefit the most from gaining the Block or Mighty Blow skill, but suddenly he will have Sure Hands the next time you see him. The only way you can influence your players is by buying Star Players like Hafklem Skuttlespike or Griff Oberwald.
I have a original copy of the game and that have never occured to me. All players, whether original or bought, have the exact same abilities every match and every game they are in. If this is not the case in your version, something is probably wrong with it.

Excellent game by the way.

Old 28-12-2004, 09:51 PM   #22
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

When I played the game (which is for download here) my players recieved new skills as the game progressed.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:58 AM   #23
Zach

Sim, I followed your instructions and ended up with a "memory allocating buffer" error. Any idea how this might be fixed?

Old 06-01-2005, 09:06 AM   #24
Zach

Got it working, but does anyone know a nice way to make dos box run faster? I've already got the frameskip and gamespeed going as fast as possible.

Old 29-01-2005, 01:00 AM   #25

What do I need to do if after putting it in the Blood directory.. and starting BB.exe... it says can't allocate enough XMS. ????

Old 12-02-2005, 08:20 PM   #26
Gareth

not to sound stupid, but i have dosbox saying c:\BLOOD> and i have tried typing bb but it is an illegal command, please help.

Wicked game man!

Old 17-02-2005, 09:34 PM   #27
Guest_hillel_kitty

Anyone know how to speed up mouse cursor movement? It seems like whenever I try to use the mouse, I reach the edge of the mousepad before the cursor has moved an inch. I RTFM, but it doesn't say anything about mouse speed. Thanks!

Old 03-03-2005, 09:47 AM   #28
Faulcon

If you want to play bloodbowl, you're much better off going here:

fumbbl - online bloodbowl

Very close to the real thing (as per current living rulebook) using a java based client to allow you to play others over the net.

Old 03-03-2005, 10:17 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally posted by Faulcon@Mar 3 2005, 10:47 AM
If you want to play bloodbowl, you're much better off going here:

fumbbl - online bloodbowl

Very close to the real thing (as per current living rulebook) using a java based client to allow you to play others over the net.
I've only just downloaded this the other day, it looks cool. I used to play the boardgame years ago.

Old 03-04-2005, 05:06 PM   #30

At risk of sounding like the fanboy I can be - in fairness to this game it should be pointed out that it is an older version of BB, at the time the game didn't have special play cards and Star Players were created wholly randomly - at best different positions had different tables to roll on to acquire skills but there wasn't nearly the level of customisation you can get with the current version (sometimes made it more fun actually). If it's the version I think it is (downloading now ) it's not a bad representation of the game as it was.