Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-02-2005, 11:12 PM   #101
Boddah

Heya, Here again.

And SO SORRY to discuss this, but I really need help

I have some problems in X-COM Apocalypse - in the Apoc's forum they take too long to reply, so...
Ah! Well... I just give up to play in DOsBOx cause it really slow my machine... and I downloaded the VSDM driver and a lot of other things... but the game can't get sound!

How can I fix it?

Old 09-02-2005, 11:58 PM   #102
Yobor
Hero Gamer

Hi guys. I owned this game since when it came out. When the old games stopped working on new machines :ranting: I threw out my copy. However, a few years back, PC Gamer did a revival. But all of this was before abandonia! Now I can play on my new machine. My favorite weapon :evil: has to be the blaster launcher. That baby can fly!
Yobor is offline                         Send a private message to Yobor
Old 10-02-2005, 07:52 AM   #103
ultranewbie
Abandonia nerd

hehe... at the start, i really like the autocannon.. i just load that baby up with HE and INC ammo and let everything die!

(a little sadistic, but it's fun nevertheless)
ultranewbie is offline                         Send a private message to ultranewbie
Old 10-02-2005, 06:02 PM   #104
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

It seems there is a problem with the game (or mine at least) I can't start any missions in Northen Europe.

*Downloads again*
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 10-02-2005, 09:48 PM   #105
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

Can´t pass first terror camp :blink:
I remember that it was hard when I played this for the first time years ago. But I´m playing the beginner level and at the camp is nearly no chance getting out of the plane to take position at strategic points. They will shoot at once. Thought I should leave that first camp out and spend more money in science to get stronger weapons and shields. But I think I want to kill em all :evil: in that first one. Possible?
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 10-02-2005, 09:51 PM   #106
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

BTW @ ravel: had problems with abandonia´s version, too. Try using the win95 compatiblity mode and turn off visual designs in the same window. If this doesn´t work either try the same with HOTU´s version. Works fine on my system ( with just small failures)
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 10-02-2005, 09:54 PM   #107
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

What guns do you have? You don't have much chance with conventional earth weapons but laser rifles are quite adaquate for terror missions (provided it isn't a night mission or anything) if you can throw grenades at or shoot all the aliens outside of your craft then you should be alright at the start, it might take a bit of saving and reloading. After you're out the best thing you can be is cautious, moving in groups (get your men to watch each other backs) but don't travel too close together (grenades...) and be careful around corners (aliens are good at reflex shots). Also, don't make the mistake I used to make and only send a few of your men out, try to get as many of your men out of the craft as possible, the more ground you can cover the better and they don't gain any stats just hanging around in the craft.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 10-02-2005, 10:03 PM   #108
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

Just have eart weapons with HE ammo thought that would do. So I have to do some science before kicking some alien behind out of Paris

I shot all that were in sight. But some UFO-like aliens are next to my plane where I cna´t see them. And if I got marines out though, they took control of the others in the plane and shot all men down.... so I think leaving that out wouldn´t be that bad?

BTWid you try the tweakin I mentioned above?
Old 10-02-2005, 10:07 PM   #109
>sKy<

Quote:
Try using the win95 compatiblity mode and turn off visual designs in the same window.
I'd like to try this...but I don't know how. :help:
>sKy< is offline                         Send a private message to >sKy<
Old 10-02-2005, 10:11 PM   #110
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

Press with right mouse button on the ufo.exe. Choose last point in menu ( Thin that´s "properties"). After that choose the tab "compatbility". and there you make the modifications I mentioned above....