Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-01-2005, 03:50 AM   #11
The jaws of cerberus

esperanto the language of the future

now THAT is the most stupid i ever hear ???
The jaws of cerberus is offline                         Send a private message to The jaws of cerberus
Old 15-01-2005, 02:40 PM   #12
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

I can understan all of those peopl ewho can't see the point of esperanto, but I have to tell you you're wrong!

Esperanto could be a good alternative.
You all might think that English (or Spanish, Chinesee,...) are languages of the future, but!!!

Back in 1111 a.d. they'd think you're a fool if you even thought of Latin becoming a dead language.

Esperanto has proven it's worth. At the begining only one person knew it - it's creator. Now it has quite a few speakers (more then my native language - Slovene). So it's not a dead language, it's just that people don't see the point of learning it. However that might change!!!

Just look at the Klingon language (made up for the use in the Star Trek series and movies). Now there are dictionaries, books and official sites in Klingon - and it's more difficoult then Esperanto.

So don't - just and start thinking outside the frames you're used too.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 15-01-2005, 05:39 PM   #13
bohor
Game Wizzard

hm, but why would English ever become a dead language?! :blink:
bohor is offline                         Send a private message to bohor
Old 15-01-2005, 05:50 PM   #14
Predator
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Jan 15 2005, 03:40 PM
Back in 1111 a.d. they'd think you're a fool if you even thought of Latin becoming a dead language.
Ask your question in around 500 years...
Predator is offline                         Send a private message to Predator
Old 15-01-2005, 06:38 PM   #15
Strobe
Home Sweet Abandonia

although esperanto is a nice lingual experiment, i agree with the others that english
is the most useful kind of language if you want be able to communicate thoughout
the world, closely followed by spanish!
Strobe is offline                         Send a private message to Strobe
Old 15-01-2005, 07:10 PM   #16
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

I agree that it's much more practical to know English, Spanish, French, German, Russian, Arabic, Chinesee,... Then knowing Esperanto, but you guys didn't have to bite that guy's head off because of it. That's why I wrote that post.

And about english being extinct, well in the past the entire court in England spoke French, because they thought it was the noble language and English was just something the peasons used...

Times change and languages are a living thing that changes with them!
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 15-01-2005, 10:46 PM   #17
The jaws of cerberus

i think that it is usseles to disscus about the language of the future

cuz it is impossible for someone to say or predict something of the future

it could be english
could be spanish
could be french
could be russian

and yes...
it COULD be esperanto

The jaws of cerberus is offline                         Send a private message to The jaws of cerberus
Old 20-01-2005, 10:00 AM   #18
ultranewbie
Abandonia nerd

sorry for making a huge deal of "language of the future". i just thought that sounded kinda neat.

i like the idea of esperanto, because its neutral (although, very 'euro'-neutral). the main advantage of esperanto is its simplicity. it's easy to learn, and it's really easy to communicate with.

the main disadvantage isn't people's scepticism. people have always been sceptics. the main disadvantage is the fact that you can't use the language at home. its neutrality means it doesn't have a home.
ultranewbie is offline                         Send a private message to ultranewbie
Old 20-01-2005, 05:14 PM   #19
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

That shouldn't be a problem really. At least not any more. I bet there are forums that use it. You don't need a country to have a language - you need a comunity that speaks it. Just take the gypsys. They haven't a country - yet they still have their old language that they all mostly understan. They only started developin major differences in the language in last 100 years when they started setteling down.
Esperanto is a good thing - maybe not the best, but the idea is very good. This world needs more understanding and if they all talked in a language that was neutral and easy to learn that would be greeat. k: