Old 04-12-2012, 04:35 PM   #31
Capo
Unconventional member

Sadly no one knows.

Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 05-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #32
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

I've heard that the guy who posted the YouTube walkthrough videos got it from someone who was on the St. Petersburg development team, but he promised not to distribute the game and keeps his word.
Old 21-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #33
tokoloshe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlibble View Post
I've heard that the guy who posted the YouTube walkthrough videos got it from someone who was on the St. Petersburg development team, but he promised not to distribute the game and keeps his word.
Yeah he is an damned thight a** I had conversation with him and he is just full of s**t from our conversation I got the impression that he would not release it because he can't make any money on it. As soon as he try to sell this game Blizzard will sue his ass sky high for stealing either project or idea. If you doubt it please bare in mind that game was never relaeased and as Blizzard own Warcraft trademark ...... you know.
Story about some friend promise is just pile of garbage. If it was just this he would convince him long time ago to release it for public.
tokoloshe is offline                         Send a private message to tokoloshe
Old 21-02-2013, 07:22 PM   #34
Tracker
Home Sweet Abandonia

I don't think it would worth it anyway, the project was shut down for a good reason, Blizzard has always been very sensitive of the quality of the products they release. Warcraft Adventures, according to interviews with some developers just couldn't measure up to the Blizz-hype. History would have been a lot different from what we experience if it was successful.

Reverend Preacherbot: Wretched sinner unit! The path to Robot Heaven lies here, in the Good Book 3.0.
Bender: Hey. Do I preach at you when you're lying stoned in the gutter? No!
Tracker is offline                         Send a private message to Tracker
Old 22-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #35
Capo
Unconventional member

That was not the problem, the quality was pretty high, the problem was that you cant make a lot of money with graphics adventures, and blizzard wants a lot of money.

Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 22-02-2013, 05:36 PM   #36
Tracker
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo View Post
That was not the problem, the quality was pretty high, the problem was that you cant make a lot of money with graphics adventures, and blizzard wants a lot of money.
Quote:
However as the 1998 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Atlanta was approaching, Blizzard became increasingly aware that implementing the proposed changes would result in them being unable to meet their already extended 1998 deadline. LucasArts had released their (competing) title Monkey Island III in the fall of 1997, and had announced their next adventure game title Grim Fandango sporting a 3D engine. In comparison producer Bill Roper felt WarCraft Adventures looked dated;

I think that one of the big problems with WarCraft Adventures was that we were actually creating a traditional adventure game, and what people expected from an adventure game, and very honestly what we expected from an adventure game, changed over the course of the project. And when we got to the point where we cancelled it, it was just because we looked at where we were and said, you know, this would have been great three years ago.
—[1]

After over a year of hard work, press tours, magazine covers, and fan fervor Blizzard announced that WarCraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans was cancelled days before E3. Within hours of the announcement fans of the series formed an online petition, demanding the project be resurrected. On the 22nd of May 1998, Blizzard responded via their website;

Blizzard Announcement — 22 May 1998
Press Desk: Blizzard Cancels WarCraft Adventures

Blizzard wants to take a minute to respond to the Warcraft Adventures petition that is circulating on the Internet. First, we want to express our gratitude to the Warcraft fans that took the time to organize such an effort. We recognize that the cancellation of Warcraft Adventures has disappointed some of our customers, and we appreciate that they have shared their opinions with us.

Secondly, we want let you know that stopping development was not a decision that was taken lightly. It was a hard call to make, but each of us knows that it was the right choice. The cancellation was not a business or marketing decision or even a statement about the adventure genre. The decision centered around the level of value that we want to give our customers. In essence, it was a case of stepping up and really proving to ourselves and gamers that we will not sell out on the quality of our games.
And finally, we hope that Warcraft fans will consider our track record and trust our judgement on ending the project. The cancellation of Warcraft Adventures does not signal the demise of Azeroth. We have every intention of returning to the Warcraft world because there are still chapters to be told. We will keep you informed as we announce future Warcraft plans.
Quoted from Wikipedia.

Blizzard should have given a contract LucasArts to ensure the quality of the product.

Reverend Preacherbot: Wretched sinner unit! The path to Robot Heaven lies here, in the Good Book 3.0.
Bender: Hey. Do I preach at you when you're lying stoned in the gutter? No!
Tracker is offline                         Send a private message to Tracker
Old 26-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #37
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Also, have any of you actually watched those gameplay videos on Youtube? I have. Thats where I based my review on. Its not a good game, even if you take account that some parts are still unfinished (which are probably just bits of dialogue here and there).
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 01-02-2016, 03:49 PM   #38
Sheepdog
Lurker

Thought I found a cool new site with the game I was looking for, only to find out it was wasting my time. Why would I come back or trust anything else here? Bye.
Sheepdog is offline                         Send a private message to Sheepdog
Old 02-02-2016, 11:33 PM   #39
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Because this was April Fool post and you shouldn't be angry with anyone else because you can't find the game that was never actually released.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 11-09-2016, 02:17 PM   #40
Megaman3xa

Hey hey, the beta unreleased game seem finally released!
I tried the game, is not a fake!!!!!!!!
Is wierd and unfinished but yeah it's real! Maybe can be fixed with some unofficial patches!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/gf...+the+CLans.rar
Megaman3xa is offline                         Send a private message to Megaman3xa