Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-05-2005, 08:40 PM   #21
Orden

It works! k:

Thanks for uploading it guys I really enjoyed messing around with the first one, and this one is a whole lot better.
Orden is offline                         Send a private message to Orden
Old 10-05-2005, 11:22 PM   #22
Sammyjenkis

hey there. okay... i know all the dosbox stuff, but the sound is all garbled when i play it in dosbox. the music is fine but the digitized sounds are really crappy. soooo crappy. craptastic. when i ask them to say alice the say alishhhchh. and that's when they're healthy when i comes to that respect. the ekg meter blip is all scratchy, as well as all intercom speech. like i said all digital sound is weird. any fixes?

Old 11-05-2005, 06:45 AM   #23
tomf
Game freak

Send a message via AIM to tomf Send a message via MSN to tomf Send a message via Yahoo to tomf

Even in dosbox i can not get sound to work
There may come a day when the courage of men fails, When we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day, An hour of wolves and shattered shields, When the age of men comes crashing down, But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth I bid you stand! Men of the west!

Click my dragons please
Or just click here for all of them
tomf is offline                         Send a private message to tomf
Old 11-05-2005, 08:48 AM   #24
Strobe
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by tomf@May 11 2005, 08:45 AM
Even in dosbox i can not get sound to work
it's turned off by default. you gotta turn it on by using the clipboard in your office.
Strobe is offline                         Send a private message to Strobe
Old 11-05-2005, 03:23 PM   #25
chickenman
Hero Gamer

As i said before k:
chickenman is offline                         Send a private message to chickenman
Old 11-05-2005, 11:58 PM   #26
matelot
Quote:
Originally posted by Sammyjenkis@May 10 2005, 11:22 PM
hey there. okay... i know all the dosbox stuff, but the sound is all garbled when i play it in dosbox. the music is fine but the digitized sounds are really crappy. soooo crappy. craptastic. when i ask them to say alice the say alishhhchh. and that's when they're healthy when i comes to that respect. the ekg meter blip is all scratchy, as well as all intercom speech. like i said all digital sound is weird. any fixes?
i have the same problem
the sound is switched on but it is garbled
anyone know how to fix this problem?

Old 12-05-2005, 03:45 AM   #27

Yes mine freezes up too. I am running in dosbox, tried with sound on and off. Everytime when cutting through the dura it freezes. I get some weird lines across the screen and then it locks.... oh well was fun while it lasted.

Old 12-05-2005, 05:54 AM   #28
SirWhiteKnight
Lurker

Hey I'm a new member, just today and all, but I have this weird problem. Whenever I play Life and Death 2 (although the sound is rather bad) the game always quits when I'm operating on a patient. Whenever I have to open the skull for tumors, or stuff like that, it quits. So I drill the 4 borr holes in the scalp and remove the scalp piece, then use that drill bit to clear up the edges, and then use the metal plate and the fine drill piece to drill 4 separate small holes and put the string through them, but then I think (from what I remember) I'm supposed to use the scalple to cut along the edge of the bone, but everytime I start to cut at all along the bone edge the game suddenly quits, displays about 6-10 lines of text really quickly and then dosBox closes completely.

Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me?
Thanks guys
SirWhiteKnight is offline                         Send a private message to SirWhiteKnight
Old 12-05-2005, 09:39 PM   #29
Xar

I've had a similar problem... the game works fine and performing a hematoma surgery is no problem, but whenever I try my hand at an aneurysm or brain tumor, the game crashes as soon as I get to the point in which I have to drill small suture holes in the skull plate I remove.

More specifically: I flip the skin flap, drill the burr holes, I dissect them, I saw the line between them, I remove the bone plate, bone-wax and cauterize the bleeders, smooth the sphenoid ridge, bone-wax the bleeders again, place the metal ribbon, make the small suture holes on the skull, then I place back the bone plate into place to make the suture holes in it as well, I drill the suture holes, but as soon as I pick the bone plate back up to place it on the tray, the mouse disappears and weird lines of color appear wherever I move it. If I actually manage to place the bone plate on the tray, the whole tray becomes nothing more than a series of strings of messy colors, and I have no other way to solve the issue than exit the surgery.

I'm running the game on DOSbox 0.63 installed on a Windows XP operating system... anyone else had the same problem?

Old 14-05-2005, 07:27 AM   #30
plague
Abandonia nerd

Game doesn't even start in dosbox... Complains something about 'illegal command' and Unable to change to: (location of the game in HD). Help please? Same thing happens with Life and Death.
plague is offline                         Send a private message to plague