Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-01-2006, 09:38 PM   #41
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

TheGiantMidgit: he he I liked the forum thread title, since I know why you did put in a "not" into the title, since then you would maybe have thought of either the album Music For The Masses, by Depeche Mode, perhaps the very unknown Danish Coverband by the same name.
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 19-01-2006, 09:42 PM   #42
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Music for the Masses is a good one, too - less filler than they usually managed On a Depeche Mode note, Playing the Angel is very good - if anyone was put off it by the crapness of Exciter, don't be!
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 19-01-2006, 10:02 PM   #43
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by BeefontheBone@Jan 19 2006, 10:42 PM
Music for the Masses is a good one, too - less filler than they usually managed On a Depeche Mode note, Playing the Angel is very good - if anyone was put off it by the crapness of Exciter, don't be!
Oh dear God , donīt get me started, When I heard Precious before it was released. I though "WOW they really have upped themself ! since Ecxiter"

But damn I wa dissapointed when I heard the rest of the album.

When I heard it I got nausea, and wanted to puke.

So not break up a flamewar I will only say this

this is too

So no I donīt like Playing The Angel, And I really better like Ecxiter.

Than the new album

But I am still looking forward to the concert in Parken Copenhagen(Denmark) in February.
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 20-01-2006, 11:11 AM   #44
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

And when the next album comes out in a few years, everyone will bitch and moan about it being sooo much worse than the album before... until the next album comes out...

A little advice for people that want their favourite bands to make the same record over and over: Just listen to your favourite album over and over, won't make any difference anyway k:
Chuck the plant is offline                         Send a private message to Chuck the plant
Old 20-01-2006, 10:52 PM   #45
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

Hey Chucky, I am not bitching and moaning, heck I really donīt like PTA, and on the Exciter album, I only really like Dead Of Night, Freelove, and I feel Loved, the rest isnīt my cup of tea, heck some of the bootleg remixes are better than the real songs from Ecxiter, and back then I even wrote I didnīt like Ecxiter(except for the three songs) on depechemodeforum.com (Damn that Tour was great anyway).

But PTA isnīt really a great album, I feel it is worse than Ecxiter, and I am not fond of Ecxiter either, it is like if I am on a dancefloor, and a hot cutey goes over to me. I would pass her dance invitation, if PTA was playing, Except for Precious.

Heck the last really great album they made, in my point of view was ULTRA.

So anyway, I am to bed. And I know we should hold our good DM discussion out of this thread since we are going too
Old 20-01-2006, 10:54 PM   #46
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by WolverineDK@Jan 19 2006, 10:38 PM
TheGiantMidgit: he he I liked the forum thread title, since I know why you did put in a "not" into the title, since then you would maybe have thought of either the album Music For The Masses, by Depeche Mode, perhaps the very unknown Danish Coverband by the same name.
Both, infact.
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 22-01-2006, 08:23 PM   #47
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/ModestMou...VidFull_300.asx Also, the video for Modest Mouse's "Ocean Breathes Salty".
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 24-01-2006, 08:59 AM   #48
Bieningana
Abandonia nerd

I don't know if anyone mentioned Sigur Ros - I think it's not for the masses, although it's really well-known nowdays. I think you should check especially the "Odin's Raven Magic" - based on some Iclandic Sagas. You can't buy it (at least in Poland) - but you can download 2 parts from http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/media/ in the "unreleased material (live recordings)". You should also try to find it in Emule - I got whole recording; really stunning!

Ps. here http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/media/press/othin1.php you can find all the information
Bieningana is offline                         Send a private message to Bieningana
Old 24-01-2006, 07:35 PM   #49
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

Ah yea, we mentioned them. They've always been pretty damn good.
Old 27-01-2006, 08:23 AM   #50
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

I don't know about that. I've heard Glosoli and I'm not all that impressed.

I'm not sure on the size of their fan base but Mindless Self Indulgence have some reallly good songs. Very fast and very energetic, although nearly all songs I have heard by them are sex related, which I find a little odd.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow