Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Introductions, Farewells and Returns
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-04-2013, 08:56 PM   #1
Rob Collins

Default Greetings!

My name is Rob Collins, and I am an evil person.

I am 20 years old, and have been a video gamer for nearly all of those years, and you're probably tired of hearing that, hah.

I'm hoping this will be the 3rd forum I'll be taking seriously. The first is *cough* wrestling related, where I am an admin, and the second being robot combat related. I run shows on these two forums.

Right, abandon ware... where do I begin?

I love Gruntz. I bought it on RealArcade many, many years ago, when I was a child. I'm now 20, and still love Gruntz. After trying to randomly search for the game on Google, I came across its "Request for Abandon Ware" thread, and became interested in abandon ware. Though, I had already known about it quite a while ago, it's only just recently I've become more interested in finding out more about it... if that makes sense, hah.

After doing research (if briefly looking through threads counts as research), I'm going to guess abandon ware means if a/the game [in question] is no longer sold as New/Factory Sealed, and has not been relevant by the company that owns its rights, after 15 or so years. Am I right? Close? Just terrible at research?

Enough of that boring stuff, let's move on to actual interesting stuff! My hobbies, yo!

Unfortunately, I am a fan of anime *fails at dodging thrown objects*. Okay, okay, let's not mention that again! As previously said, I am a member of a robot combat related forum, it's dedicated to the Robot Arena 2 game, which funnily enough, they consider abandon ware. Huge Robot Wars fan, kind of BattleBots fan, and a big robot indies fan.

How huge of a Robot Wars fan am I? I actually have a list of Top 10 Robots and Top 5 Matches... I'm THAT sad.

I write short stories, and currently run a Sims 3 Diary on the wrestling related forum - again, I'm THAT sad.

I've probably missed out on a lot of stuff, such as gaming, but I'll save that for another time.

Very happy to be a member!

The Dragonfly Experience
Full 1 2 3
Rob Collins is offline                         Send a private message to Rob Collins
Old 08-04-2013, 11:09 PM   #2
SpiDoL
Game Wizzard

I'm a wrestling fan and am part of a wrestling forum myself, so you're not alone.

Since you like robot combat and anime and abandonware, have you ever played One Must Fall? You'd fall in love with it almost instantly...
SpiDoL is offline                         Send a private message to SpiDoL
Old 08-04-2013, 11:17 PM   #3
Rob Collins

I am actually very opinionated when it comes to what I classify as robots, androids, humanoids, etc. but since the style is anime-ish, I will check this out. Cheers.

The Dragonfly Experience
Full 1 2 3
Rob Collins is offline                         Send a private message to Rob Collins
Old 09-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #4
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Welcome to the forums Rob
Old 09-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #5
Tracker
Home Sweet Abandonia

Yeah, welcome, dude.

Reverend Preacherbot: Wretched sinner unit! The path to Robot Heaven lies here, in the Good Book 3.0.
Bender: Hey. Do I preach at you when you're lying stoned in the gutter? No!
Tracker is offline                         Send a private message to Tracker
Old 10-04-2013, 06:51 AM   #6
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Quote:
My name is Rob Collins, and I am an evil person.
An... Interesting introduction.