Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-10-2005, 09:02 PM   #21
gorkur
Abandonia nerd

I bought this game back in the day, had great fun with it even if I never really figured it out

Last edited by arete; 01-12-2009 at 12:28 PM. Reason: ;)
gorkur is offline                         Send a private message to gorkur
Old 09-10-2005, 04:37 AM   #22
uzzy
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by gorkur@Oct 8 2005, 09:02 PM
I bought this game back in the day, had great fun with it even if I never really figured it out
Yea, intially, I didn't have a clue how to play this.

Now that I found out how to play, it's a blast!!!!

Last edited by arete; 01-12-2009 at 12:29 PM. Reason: smileys
uzzy is offline                         Send a private message to uzzy
Old 25-10-2005, 02:55 AM   #23

Everything works fine for me, but I can't look at the pre made plans after the Kiosk job, the game crashes, but it works if I just make my own plans...

Old 10-12-2005, 04:43 PM   #24
George

A just have a very noob-type question. Dos Box acctually gives me an error that there is not enough conventional/XMS/U-something memory to run the game. Could you please help me becouse I don't know that to do.

Old 10-12-2005, 10:43 PM   #25
Mambaru

Send a message via MSN to Mambaru Send a message via Yahoo to Mambaru

Does anyone remember the addon that was created for The Clue!?

If I remember rightly it added several more locations for you to burgle. I'm not too sure if the one on sourceforge, has it included or not.
Mambaru is offline                         Send a private message to Mambaru
Old 24-09-2008, 04:38 PM   #26
Fortinbras

Default General Tips

Don't use Marc Smith as your accomplice, he will give you away easily.
Get all tools as soon as you can afford them.
Also visit the police station after 5th and 6th coup to distract Gludo and get info.

I did the coups in this order and the time I started it for some of them:
(There are of course lot of ways you can do this)

[1] Fulham Kiosk
[2] Aun't Emma's Shop - 03:31
[3] Old People's Home - 01:28 *1
[4] Old Curiosity Shop - 03:40 (changed car before this)
[5] Highgate Cemetary - *2 (changed car before this)
[7] Victoria and Albert Museum - 01:15
[8] Jeweller's - (changed car before this)
[9] Villa, Lillie Road - *3 (for this coup I recommend Miguel Garcia)

1) Warning: Karate grandpa will spot you at 03:20 it seems.
2) It doesn't matter if you have met Meresaw before this, you can meet her afterwards.
3) This is when the mafia plot begins (after you have stolen the suitcase). And even if
you don't, the suitcase will eventually end up in your room anyway it seems. And you'll have to use the jaguar as the escape car. I don't know how many you can get away with.

[10] Tower of London - It doesn't matter how well this goes, you will still be captured by the mafia.
So plan it as short as possible (you don't have to do much) and/or escape early.
(Kind of disappointing I know).

[11] STARFORD BARRACKS:

I don't know if you can succeed at doing this if you do it the way the mafia boss has planned.
The way to do this was described earlier on this forum,
only one word should be "alarm", rather than "spotlight", but it's easy to figure out.

Continue the plan and then choose "keep the plan". I played this in DOSBOX and had some small
graphical bugs in the planning areas, but nothing serious.

I did Starford barracks in about 45:00 minutes (used the quietest tools),
at 31:53 Marc Smith complains that something is wrong.

THE STORY AFTER EACH COUP:

1st coup - Herbert tells about "Blue Fish", you are stopped at street by inspector.
2nd coup - Newsflash on radio, "Blue Fish" failed.
3rd coup - At Victoria Station you read in the newspaper, blue fish arrested, Gludo in disguise.
4th coup - Arrested by Gludo for suspicion, but released after 24hrs lack of proof. You meet Sabien *4
5th coup - You fall asleep cutscene, you go to Sabien for parcel, at police station you distract Gludo.
6th coup - Sabien calls you for dinner, at police station you get info about the Tower, Sabien's father dies.
7th coup - Phone is ringing, it's Sabien. pub 18.08.53 happy birthday
8th coup - Phone is ringing, a note in your pocket, you get the mafia mission. You walk with Sabien.

9th coup - (if you choose the villa mission) You discover cocaine in suitcase. Jaguar is blown up.
You go to the country for a while. If you confess to Sabien there's analternate ending.

The Tower - Supposed to go wrong it seems --> Brigg joins mafia guys and turns on you.
Starford Barracks - See for yourself

4) There's an alternate ending here, where you borrow Lucas Grull's "Dimension breaking machine" (wtf?!)

I hope somebody found this useful.
Fortinbras is offline                         Send a private message to Fortinbras
Old 26-09-2008, 07:58 AM   #27
Schrijvertje

I loved this game! Been a while since I played it, though. Many characters looked like real actor. I think Bruce Willis is in there somewhere, in his Hudson Hawk outfit. Never beat the last level, though. Found the solution as well, but haven't bothered playing through all the levels to try it out.
Schrijvertje is offline                         Send a private message to Schrijvertje
Old 24-10-2008, 06:58 PM   #28
ulrich87

This game is awesome. I had it on my stationary pc before formatting it, and never got around to re-downloading it. Untill now
I just hope that vista and dosbox is more stable than Xp and no dosbox..
ulrich87 is offline                         Send a private message to ulrich87
Old 08-02-2009, 11:20 PM   #29
Engelados

This game loses in details. It was quite cool that I broke into the british museum and stole the magna carta & rosetta's stone . Too bad the game doesn't reward you for the hard work you need to do to succeed in breaking into important buildings. It seems like all you need to do is break into kiosk + seven random buildings without getting caught. The bank of England or Aunt Emma's makes no difference. Whether you pick up everything there is to be picked up or just break in and escape immediately also makes no difference.

I actually stole the crown jewels without the police finding out, but again no reward from the game except that jewelery worth 850000 pounds appeared in my houl list. I guess you have to use your imagination & assume that you took the jewels to France.

The barracks break-in is also quite frustrating. If you try to figure it out on your own, you end up with 3 accomplices who are forever waiting and you have no clue what they are waiting for. Addison's brief is incomplete and ambiguous & in the planning phase you have no way to tell whose message people are waiting for. I used the spoiler, which is something I hate, but I equally hate games that leave you clueless as to why things are happening or not happening .

Overall good game, could have been really great with some little care here and there.
Engelados is offline                         Send a private message to Engelados
Old 24-05-2009, 10:21 AM   #30
mexbrush
Forum hobbit

The midis are also great, one of my favourite is the midi in the hotel room.

Great piece of art, it will be even better if they did the sequel by adjusting it a little and may be putting some car action afterwards
mexbrush is offline                         Send a private message to mexbrush