Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-08-2009, 09:49 AM   #1
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre
Default Contribution

I translated to Russian 3 reviews already, but it not reflected in my profile. I guess, it need manual approve or something? What it must be and how to do that?
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 18-08-2009, 10:18 AM   #2
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

Since we are working with a makeshift solution, new translations cannot be displayed in the profile.
Old 18-08-2009, 10:21 AM   #3
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

It's a bug.
The current translations interface wasn't supposed to be used in the first place, but the "right" one got completely messed up to the point of uselessness.
The proper translations interface is being fixed by Studentis' programmers, and in the meantime we have the one you know. It's by no means perfect, but at the very least it works.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 18-08-2009, 08:28 PM   #4
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Erm. Then what answer is? "It will be fixed soon", "It will be there somewhere in the future", "Oh, forget about it" or something else? According to Luchsen, "Forget it" seems right answer, but you, The Fifth Horseman, seems more optimistic?
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 18-08-2009, 09:45 PM   #5
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

If you really have to know...
The translations module is what the our tech support is working on right now. However, said tech support is constitued of just three guys who have to simultaneously handle two dozen sites besides ours. We can't realistically expect them to focus solely on Abandonia.
It doesn't exactly help that the team responsible for coding the faulty translation module in the first place have also mucked around with the site's code without documenting those changes and can no longer be consulted on the matter.

It will be done, that much is certain, but I'd be surprised if it happens within next month.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 19-08-2009, 10:29 AM   #6
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Thank you. It's enough for me.