Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-01-2011, 04:17 PM   #61
peyre
Forum hobbit

Send a message via Skype™ to peyre

Hey everyone, the manual and strategy grid have been uploaded.

Thanks TotalAnarchy!
peyre is offline                         Send a private message to peyre
Old 28-01-2011, 06:02 PM   #62
peyre
Forum hobbit

Default Map Colors

Hey everyone. I have a question that might make me look like a noob, but I wanted to clarify it. I was surprised I didn't find the answer in the manual, but you guys have been playing the game longer than I have, so maybe you've got it fully worked out.

On the game map, I know what red, green, and purple mean, obviously. But what exactly do orange and yellow mean?

Based on what I've seen so far, at least with Union Republics and Warsaw Pact countries, orange seems to mean their loyalty is starting to waver, and yellow indicates they're starting to consider declaring independence. Is that right?

And what about when parts of Russia itself turn orange and yellow? Does that mean that, say, Southern Russia is gearing up to declare independence? Or does it mean actual civil war is brewing, or what?

Last edited by peyre; 31-01-2011 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Fine-tuning
Old 17-02-2011, 11:18 PM   #63
peyre
Forum hobbit

Default Fan Site

If anyone's interested, I've created a fan site for this game:

http://peyre.byethost8.com/Kremlin/index.htm

I'm still curious about yellow and orange on the map, btw. Anyone know about those?
Old 18-02-2011, 12:39 PM   #64
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyre View Post
If anyone's interested, I've created a fan site for this game:

http://peyre.byethost8.com/Kremlin/index.htm

I'm still curious about yellow and orange on the map, btw. Anyone know about those?
nice site with useful information there. however, seems like directory images/ has been deleted from your "Kremlin" directory on http://peyre.byethost8.com =/ so SplashScreen.jpg (and i don't know what else) are broken links on the site
Old 18-02-2011, 04:34 PM   #65
peyre
Forum hobbit

Whoa, good catch. Stupid case-sensitivity. Ok, try it now.

The site should be a lot more interesting and colorful with the pictures...

btw, do you like my writeup on the allies and Union Republics?

Last edited by peyre; 18-02-2011 at 05:47 PM. Reason: added a question
Old 19-02-2011, 05:22 AM   #66
Mario Pajas
Lurker

Well, after some bad games I reached my highest mark. 84% approbation, only East Germany and Romania outside the Warsaw Pact, no soviet republic secedes and there are not risks of secession and fairly democratic.
Mario Pajas is offline                         Send a private message to Mario Pajas
Old 20-02-2011, 05:35 PM   #67
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyre View Post
btw, do you like my writeup on the allies and Union Republics?
indeed
Old 24-02-2011, 08:36 PM   #68
peyre
Forum hobbit

Default Good game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Pajas View Post
Well, after some bad games I reached my highest mark. 84% approbation, only East Germany and Romania outside the Warsaw Pact, no soviet republic secedes and there are not risks of secession and fairly democratic.
That's pretty cool! I'm having a good game myself right now, playing as Sakharov of the Nationalists. It's 1993 and everybody's bailed on me but Cuba (though I was wondering if I'd lose that too when Bay of Pigs II happened). But I'm solidly in power with decent stats, and I've pretty much crushed the hard-liners, as far as I can tell.

I just wish I knew what it means that Southern Russia and West Siberia have changed colors.

Before that, I had a short game as a Hard-Liner, but the KGB brought an ambulance and took me to the hospital seemingly out of the blue, and then next I saw the announcement of my sudden death. Is that a random thing that can happen, a reflection of the geriatric nature of Soviet leadership in the 80s? Or was that what it kind of sounded like, a slippery way for the KGB to get me out of the way? Anyone know?
(Edit: I gather it's the latter.)

Last edited by peyre; 02-03-2011 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Added bit about my previous game
Old 25-02-2011, 04:43 AM   #69
peyre
Forum hobbit

Default President of the USSR

Say, am I the only one who's bothered by the fact that the game always refers to you as the President of the Soviet Union, even at your 1985 inauguration--even though the office wasn't created till 1990?

Also, I'm seeing something I don't understand. The game will be going along fine--I've got a high GNP, and my stats (food, housing, etc.) are all high--but then suddenly my GNP drops like a rock. I go from like 2000 to 700 all of a sudden. Anyone know what's going on?
(Edit: I think this is due to secessions. The USSR's population changes immediately when a republic secedes, but GNP isn't adjusted till the start of the following year. So a lot of secessions in one year will mean a big change in GNP.)

Last edited by peyre; 02-03-2011 at 07:02 PM. Reason: added a clarification about GNP
Old 02-03-2011, 03:34 PM   #70
peyre
Forum hobbit

Default Gorbachev turns 80

Hey everyone--Mikhail Gorbachev turns 80 today.
Gorbachev blasts Russia's rulers as he turns 80

Happy 80th, Mikhail Sergeyevich!

On a side note, I had a bit of a strange game last night. When I resigned in 2000, I had lost all the republics, as usual--but I still held onto Bulgaria somehow. I wasn't sending any aid, but it still stuck with me. It was yellow, but never quite went all the way to leaving the East Bloc. Go Bulgaria!

Last edited by peyre; 02-03-2011 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Shortened the link to something more sensible