Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-07-2006, 08:32 PM   #1
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh
Question

Hi people!

I don't know if any of you saw this...documentary...or...whatever...so, this film made me think. More than usual that is. I mean, the thing how quantum-physics, micro-biology, religion and common sense is mixed up in this film so madly, is something that made me happy. That there are people who want, and dare to want to know more about this...thing around us they call 'Da Universe' (tum-tum-tum-tummm)

We are walking around every day, go about our little busines each day, without stopping only for sec to think about "what am I doing?" or "Why am I doing this?" or the ultimate question "why am I here?"

The profs and MDs in this documentary linking different aspects of our lifes together, forming giant theories and making people think. This film does give some answers, but those answers are just a part of a bigger question. At one point, I wish I'd never watch this film, because it messed up my picture of the world so bad, my brain is still sizzling. But then again, it opened up new horizons to think.

I don't know about you people, but if someone saw this film, please comment. If not, comment anyway k:

(BTW, this *MEEP*in 56K makes me sick I don't know if I come back again soon, but I try k: )

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 19-07-2006, 10:51 AM   #2
#BlakhOle#
Game Wizzard

Well im not exactly sure what you're talking bout, but im glad you manged to find a chance to get on the net to confuse me with it. Ummm well ive been thinking about that kind of stuff alot lately for some reason, and most answers consist of one all-powerful, highly evolved word: because. It usually satisfies me enough to get throught the rest of the day, until next time im feeling terminally philosophical.
#BlakhOle# is offline                         Send a private message to #BlakhOle#
Old 19-07-2006, 02:59 PM   #3
guesst
Abandonia Homie

Yeah, see, unless someone has seen what you're talking about, and it doesn't seem like many have, there's not going to be alot of discussion about the subject. Even if someone has seen it your vague description will require a low level of ESP to be sure that's what you're talking about.

Sounds fascinating. A name and/or link would help. Try PBS.org, good place to see streaming versions of cool stuff you may have seen there.
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst
Old 19-07-2006, 03:11 PM   #4
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Playbahnosh @ Jul 18 2006, 08:32 PM) [snapback]243827[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I mean, the thing how quantum-physics, micro-biology, religion and common sense is mixed up in this film so madly, is something that made me happy.
[/b]
All in all the reality IS! And is not divided in many things, but is all that things mixed and existing.

I'm sorry that I haven't seen that film you talk about...
Old 20-07-2006, 05:40 PM   #5
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

I don't know who changed the title of my topic, but should be punished for that <_< "What The *BLEEP* Do We Know?" is the title of the documentary fo Gods sake.

WHAT THE BLEEP DO WE KNOW - OFFICIAL SITE

See? I'm not outta my mind k: Go have a look, and maybe watch it if you can. Worth it, I promise. I haven't been able to watch the second film, the Down The Rabbit Hole, but if I get the chance I will fo sure!

(grrrr, freakin dial up)

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 20-07-2006, 08:46 PM   #6
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I thought it was a great idea, but got lost in being a bit of a pretentious advertisment for a crazy-man (apparently possesed by a neolithic-god called Ramtha) and and a few levels - wrong.

I got a little dis-heartened when they claimed we are 90% water, which is just plain bad science.
Also when they cited the Japanese artist's (note: artist, not scientist) "experiments" of water labled "love" "hate" etc. they forgot to to mention that he is not accepted by the scientific community at all because never, ever has this guy let other scientific bodies empirically review his experimental procedures or results.
Also, I've seen other examples of his work - and how the heck does water know who Hitler was? I think my landlady is pretty nasty, I wonder if the water knows it too?

Finally, they've dragged out ZJ Knight (one of the films talking heads) all I'm going to say is just google him (or his alter ego Ramtha) - He is a lunatic.

But despite the dodginess, it was a fantastic concept, and there should be more films willing to push normal cinematic perceptions.

Anyway, we all know that just because we see it in a movie doesn't make it true, don't we!
Old 27-07-2006, 11:15 PM   #7
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Alright, once again I'm here. I gotta admit I thought a topic like this will incite at least SOME brainstorming, but as it seems I was DEAD wrong. Okay, so nobody saw the movie exept Lulu Jane, and nobody has anything to comment. Well, have it your way...

A little status report (if anyone is still interested in me): I just got a letter from the university, my dorm application has been rejected, I'm 88th on the waiting list. Until now, my university "career" was in grave danger, but now it is heading towards certain doom, lightning fast. With no dorm, there is no place for me to stay in Veszprém, and there is little to absolutely no chance that I can get the cash to dig, or rent a flat. And there is little chance that I will find a sublet or a flat to rent now. I simply don't have the money, and as things stand at home, my parents can barely support us as is. Sadly, there is no decent work around here for someone with no grade, like me. In fact, there is absolutely no work around here right now, I've registered to three labour-exchange agencies, but nothing.
Well I hope your summer is more fun than mine k:
I'll check back later, byez!

Old 31-07-2006, 03:50 AM   #8
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Actually I thought that more folk around here would have seen it too. Ah well

I hope your summer is getting better by the way, and it all goes well with your application...
Old 07-08-2006, 11:55 AM   #9
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

I'm back again, after some intermission (our landline phone was disconnected because of failure to pay the bill, then today reconnected) I hope didn't miss anything. Well, this topic is being turned into somekinda online diary of me, but hell, I gotta have some socializing sometimes, if not in person than here.

So the blaming and brimstones have stopped here at home, so the mood is somewhat settled down finally, the next semester starts in two weeks so if I wanna go I gotta find a flat to rent or find a place with students already renting and partner with them. I still have no work, but there is no point in searching now for this short time. My mood is somewhat back on track, if you can call a low-to-none mood a track. I miss my friends and my girlfriend...

Oh well, I gotta go now... I'll be back... k: