Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-02-2005, 10:47 AM   #11
Threep

Well, the reviewer must have made that one up. Kevin receives NO key, there is NO next level !!!

If you have a different version of the game with many levels, please post that one. Otherwise, first complete the game before reviewing it (as you said, you're still playing it while reviewing it ---> bad decision).
Threep is offline                         Send a private message to Threep
Old 28-02-2005, 12:32 PM   #12
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Well, the reviewer must have made that one up.
I agree to that. There is nothing worse then reviewers making up things just because they don't want to play the game.

Quote:
Otherwise, first complete the game before reviewing it (as you said, you're still playing it while reviewing it ---> bad decision).
Agreed. The reviewer should have (ideally) completed the game before, or at least complete it when writing the review (did that with Castlevania myself).

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 28-02-2005, 02:49 PM   #13
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

When I read the review and the manual - both said there were keys. So I believed the reviewer (you're supposed to bring the family treasures into the vault). I just checked the game for compatibility - the reviewer should have done the rest.

BTW - are you sure, the game has no keys? Have you finished this version (I don't really like platform games, so I haven't checked the Reviewers statemants).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 28-02-2005, 03:09 PM   #14
Threep

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Feb 28 2005, 03:49 PM
When I read the review and the manual - both said there were keys. So I believed the reviewer (you're supposed to bring the family treasures into the vault). I just checked the game for compatibility - the reviewer should have done the rest.

BTW - are you sure, the game has no keys? Have you finished this version (I don't really like platform games, so I haven't checked the Reviewers statemants).
Yes I'm 100% sure. It didn't have keys when I played it back in the 80s or beginning of 90s (not sure anymore) and after completing it today, it still didn't have them.
Just one level: u have 1 ingame hour to set traps, then the crooks enter the house and u make sure they both walk in 10 of them (or 9 and one shot from ur gun). When u succeed u can enter ur name and the game ends. U can start again and beat ur time, but that's pretty much it. (And therefor it doesn't really deserve the 5/5 imho)

So either it's a different version or even a completely different game that was supposed to be made available for download - or the manual and reviewer are both wrong and making things up as they go. My bet is on the second ...
Threep is offline                         Send a private message to Threep
Old 28-02-2005, 03:18 PM   #15
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

OK - I'll give the game another try and see if it's true (but in this game you enter your name everytime they catch you - you don't even have to finish the level).
I'll inform the reviewer and change the review accordingly. Thanks for the input. k:
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 28-02-2005, 03:23 PM   #16
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:

What manual? I don't see any. :not_ok:

What vault? There is no vault in the game. :not_ok:

Are we speaking of the same entry?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 28-02-2005, 03:41 PM   #17
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

We're speaking of the same entry. The manual wasn't uploaded due to technical problems. Here's the link to it: MANUAL
Old 28-02-2005, 04:14 PM   #18
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Manual is for a SNES pseudo-sequel to the movie, not the PC movie-based title.
That's the cause whole confusion.

Case closed.

Don't upload the manual as it will only bring the whole issue back.

-- Reed Richards
Old 28-02-2005, 04:21 PM   #19
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Yeah, I figured out something is wrong with the manual too (I couldn't collect any valubles to put in the safe - which I couldn't find). I'll change the review accordingly.

EDIT: Review changed (also the part about the family taking the Florida vecation), but for the change in the editor's rating we need the aproval of the editor.
Old 28-02-2005, 04:44 PM   #20
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

Sure, you can change the rating.
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury