Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-11-2006, 04:10 PM   #21
guesst
Abandonia Homie

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Xenomorph @ Nov 9 2006, 04:46 PM) [snapback]266116[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
ANyone know how to actually be able to escape the games here.

O am playing this on windows XP, and the short-cut fo rtha game to escape is Control+Escape, but as you may know, this is also the hotkeys on Windows XP to minimize everything back to the Desktop. :tai:

Anyonee found anyway tofix this, or can help me by changing a setting or anything ?

thanks

[/b]
To T5thHM, he's talking about in the game you have the option to bail out of a challange so that your person doesn't get trapped.

And I addressed this in the review. End of the third paragraph.
Quote:
(I found in DOSBox under XP pressing control then escape causes XP to catch it and open the start button, but if you pressed escape then control the game catches it and you escape.)
[/b]
Perhaps I was a bit vague. Control-Esc is the escape command, but in DOSBox you must first hold down the escape key and then press the control key.
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst
Old 03-04-2007, 10:20 AM   #22
Nick Westgate

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(guesst @ Nov 10 2006, 05:10 PM) [snapback]266323[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Perhaps I was a bit vague.
[/b]
Heh. Not at all. That's the most analytical review I've seen of The Crystal Maze - well done.
I'm surprised you seem to have enjoyed it so much without being a fan of the show.

Cheers,
Nick.
(Co-author)

Old 07-04-2007, 02:47 AM   #23
guesst
Abandonia Homie

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nick Westgate @ Apr 3 2007, 10:20 AM) [snapback]286038[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(guesst @ Nov 10 2006, 05:10 PM) [snapback]266323[/snapback]
Quote:
Perhaps I was a bit vague.
[/b]
Heh. Not at all. That's the most analytical review I've seen of The Crystal Maze - well done.
I'm surprised you seem to have enjoyed it so much without being a fan of the show.

Cheers,
Nick.
(Co-author)
[/b][/quote]
Nick Westgate? The Nick Westgate who made this very game. The only reference to you on the internet was at underdogs so I doubt anyone's pretending to be you.

Wow. Thanks for spotting out little corner of the internet here. It's true, I'm not a fan of the show, but that's because I've never seen the show, living in the States as I do. But I found the game... well, actually I didn't like it much at first. But sticking with it long enough to write the review I found myself disecting it and analying it and... well the result lays before you. So dispite my initial hesitance I compliment you on an entirely engrosing game. And if you've done anything since, feel free to plug it here. We can't promise wealth or fame, but sincere compliments definately a service we provide.
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst
Old 30-08-2007, 05:43 PM   #24
Pabs

Hey. I've tried downloading the game, but it says everytime that it doesn't support full screen mode. So I just have a black screened box. Any help?

Old 30-08-2007, 05:51 PM   #25
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Are you running it in DOS, DOSBox or Windows?
Old 30-08-2007, 07:01 PM   #26
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pabs @ Aug 30 2007, 06:43 PM) [snapback]307840[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hey. I've tried downloading the game, but it says everytime that it doesn't support full screen mode. So I just have a black screened box. Any help?
[/b]
I'm guessing you have Vista? The full screen thing is a common problem with Vista.

1. Right-click on your desktop, then select 'Personalize'
2. Click on 'Display Settings', then on 'Advanced Setting'
3. Under the 'Adaper' tab, click on 'Properties'
4. Now select the 'Driver' tab, and 'Update Driver'
5. You will get a pop-up box, so click om=n 'Browse My Computer for Driver Software'
6. 'Next, you need to 'Let Me Pick From A List Of Device Drivers From My Own Computer'
7. Scroll down, and select 'Standard VGA Graphics Adapter'
8. You will need to restart your machine, but the game should now work in Windows or Dosbox.

You can change thigs back at any time by following steps 1-5, and choosing 'Search Automatically For Updated Driver Software.

k:

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo